ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

11 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

raises hand

I'm sure the Republicans will get to it as soon as they wrap up the Benghazi and Burisma investigations. 

I would not want to see that.  He would not answer questions.  He would spend the whole time talking about himself, how great he is and how everybody hates him.  The Democrats would grill him. The Republicans would back him up 100%.  

It would be more useful than the normal party conventions. 

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

raises hand

OK you are the resident national security expert, what options, military, diplomatic, economic,  etc would you like to see a real POTUS use for punishing Russia. (Borrowing the question from Pal Begala)

By real POTUS, one who does not have a mancrush on Putin, and is not compromised by the Russian Mafioso 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

OK you are the resident national security expert, what options, military, diplomatic, economic,  etc would you like to see a real POTUS use for punishing Russia. (Borrowing the question from Pal Begala)

By real POTUS, one who does not have a mancrush on Putin, and is not compromised by the Russian Mafioso 

There are ones that are visible and ones that are invisible.  A lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes could stop being career suicide for national security experts. 

The visible stuff: 

• NATO reinforced with permanent US troop deployments to Germany and Poland and Romania
  • Ukraine given a clear guarantee.  Maybe even a NATO air forces guarantee of their air space.  
  • Russian proxies in Africa and elsewhere forced out  - that kind of gets to the invisible side of things. 
  • Full support to the Kurds and others against ISIS, Turkey and Syrian regime
  • Punish the UK Skripal nerve agent poisoning with sanctions
  • Oleg Deripaska and other senior oligarchs re-sanctioned.  No more Russian aluminum plant for Kentucky i'm afraid, Mitch and Rand.

I guess I could go on a bit.  We have an issue at the moment with a China that is swinging a bat in the on deck circle like they want to take out the US Navy at Pearl Harbor that we also have to deal with.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

There are ones that are visible and ones that are invisible.  A lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes could stop being career suicide for national security experts. 

The visible stuff: 

• NATO reinforced with permanent US troop deployments to Germany and Poland and Romania
  • Ukraine given a clear guarantee.  Maybe even a NATO air forces guarantee of their air space.  
  • Russian proxies in Africa and elsewhere forced out  - that kind of gets to the invisible side of things. 
  • Oleg Deripaska and other senior oligarchs re-sanctioned.  No more Russian aluminum plant for Kentucky i'm afraid, Mitch and Rand.

I guess I could go on a bit.  We have an issue at the moment with a China that is swinging a bat in the on deck circle like they want to take out the US Navy at Pearl Harbor that we also have to deal with.  

Of course we could put a bounty on the Wagner guys in Africa. 

10 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

The visible stuff: 

Could give bounties to hackers to take down Russian leadership IT infrastructure. 

• Like 1

Sam Vinograd has some suggestions (Thread)

4 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Ooh, ooh, ooh, Trump next!

3 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

... By real POTUS, one who does not have a mancrush on Putin, and is not compromised by the Russian Mafioso 

So we're talking President Obama or President Biden, right?

Bomb Russian naval bases in Syria. Level them to inoperability.

3 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Could give bounties to hackers to take down Russian leadership IT infrastructure. 

I like this one.

And the block the Kentucky aluminum plant idea as well.

Also:

Freeze assets (not certain who or what is available on this end... but generally...)

We also have not entertained or threatened one of the severest asymmetrical responses, not even when we really wanted them out of Ukraine and Crimea after their invasions: Kick them out of the SWIFT banking system. That would rock their world.

26 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

I like this one.

And the block the Kentucky aluminum plant idea as well.

Also:

Freeze assets (not certain who or what is available on this end... but generally...)

We also have not entertained or threatened one of the severest asymmetrical responses, not even when we really wanted them out of Ukraine and Crimea after their invasions: Kick them out of the SWIFT banking system. That would rock their world.

84, the SWIFT idea is good!

problem with a lot of this is that The City in London is heavily obligated to its Russian money interests.  

uk has to be pissed about the cumulative Russian cacca though.  

reverse withdrawals from everywhere Putin wants us to withdraw 

30 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Kick them out of the SWIFT banking system. That would rock their world.

YES

8 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Grenell is not credible as an honest broker

Another story that would be a raging four alarm fire in any other administration that will not make a bit of difference here.

Great job, America...

• Thanks 1

They are just going to ignore the story and it will go away