ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

1 minute ago, Oblong said:

seems problematic.   Can dems call the victims of Epstein/Dershowitz and Trump to be witnesses in exchange for Hunter Biden?

Last time Starr and Dershowitz worked together it was to get Jeffrey Epstein a sweet deal

24 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I'd let Hitler defend me if it got me out of trouble.

It's not like he's at any risk of removal, tbh.

Regardless, the point is everyone would hire the best defense they can, which is true.

I just don't know if Starr and Dershowitz are that. 

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It's not like he's at any risk of removal, tbh.

I'm guessing it's more damage control for re-election purposes.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Regardless, the point is everyone would hire the best defense they can, which is true.

It depends on whether there would be better options who would wish to defend him.

With a client like Trump, you're probably not getting the A-team. He's a client who makes life hard on lawyers

Just now, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

The target audience here is Fox News viewers and he's getting their all star lineup in tow. That way they will hear comfortable voices reassuring them that their Leader is still a victim.

President doesn't need a real defense because the fix is in.   He just has to keep the 43% on board for both him and the R Senators up for re-election this year.

Is this thing going to be televised?  The witnesses won't be there in the chambers, they will be deposed off site and recorded.  That's how it was in Clinton's.  

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It depends on whether there would be better options who would wish to defend him.

With a client like Trump, you're probably not getting the A-team. He's a client who makes life hard on lawyers

He is the POTUS.  Rarely, if ever, is any lawyer going to get the opportunity to defend / argue such a high profile case.

1 minute ago, Oblong said:

The target audience here is Fox News viewers and he's getting their all star lineup in tow. That way they will hear comfortable voices reassuring them that their Leader is still a victim.

President doesn't need a real defense because the fix is in.   He just has to keep the 43% on board for both him and the R Senators up for re-election this year.

True

8 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Obviously Rudi Colludi would be above both in the legal defense power rankings

3 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He is the POTUS.  Rarely, if ever, is any lawyer going to get the opportunity to defend / argue such a high profile case.

No question... but the opportunity cost of taking this case may be different compared to a different President

4 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Is this thing going to be televised?  The witnesses won't be there in the chambers, they will be deposed off site and recorded.  That's how it was in Clinton's.  

I saw a crazy statistic that it was possible for him to retain enough senators to be acquited and having those senators represent something like 11% of the nations population.

I've been hearing some interesting stuff about whether it will be televised.  Apparently they've shut out C-SPAN, who was the pool video for the house hearings.   On C-SPAN, they said that leaves several government-operated cameras.   They gave no indication whether those would be used to broadcast. 

9 minutes ago, pfife said:

I saw a crazy statistic that it was possible for him to retain enough senators to be acquited and having those senators represent something like 11% of the nations population.

He only needs 34 for acquittal, right?  That is 17 states worth of senators.

The 17 least populated states make up roughly 7.5% of the population.

Not all of those states are red (though most are), so you have to move up the list if you want 34 R senators to acquit, but it is quite possible that only 11% of the represented population could vote for acquittal and he be acquitted.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't be shocked if they are doing it pro bono.  Their money comes on the back end when they all write books.  

or on the front end when they get to hang out on private islands banging 15 year old girls...

5 minutes ago, Oblong said:

or on the front end when they get to hang out on private islands banging 15 year old girls...

I doubt Clinton would have taken Starr along on those trips.