ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

17 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I am here to remind everyone that Trump sucks as an individual regardless of politics.  That's my role.  

Remind them to quit electing these worthless ****s.

25 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I could be downtrodden and angry all the time like the lefties, but it's hard to be that way when the economy is so darn good.

A truly happy person remains happy regardless of the economy.  That is something that those whose self esteem is linked to their bottom line will never understand.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Funny...I would think you'd be more patriotic then. 

14 hours ago, Oblong said:

Patriotism is not defined by what you think about a politician.  People who believe that are fascists.  

QFT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Hill, which is trash, said Murkowksi and Collins both indicated they want the model to mirror hte Clinton impeachment, therefore asking for witnesses later on in the process.... so that headline was McConnell had his votes to do what he wanted.... Mitt needs 2 more and it looks like he can't count on them.  Really, who can ever count on Collins?

13 minutes ago, Oblong said:

The Hill, which is trash, said Murkowksi and Collins both indicated they want the model to mirror hte Clinton impeachment, therefore asking for witnesses later on in the process.... so that headline was McConnell had his votes to do what he wanted.... Mitt needs 2 more and it looks like he can't count on them.  Really, who can ever count on Collins?

The Hill has John Solomon and anything under his byline should be assumed to be right from the WH

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Longer would be better 

2 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Longer would be better 

twss

10 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Little Marco gets littler and littler by the day

Yeah, he's dead to me. 

24 minutes ago, pfife said:

twss

I never heard that

• Haha 1

No benefit of the doubt for Mitt...

27 minutes ago, pfife said:

No benefit of the doubt for Mitt...

Nah, couldn't be. Mitt is a good man. A real traditional conservative we should respect. 

5 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

Little Marco gets littler and littler by the day

HaHa. if Miami U doesn't ask for Marco's degree back the school should be disacredited.  An impeachment is an indictment. We would have an interesting justice system in American if trials were constrained to present only the information in an indictment.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Nah, couldn't be. Mitt is a good man. A real traditional conservative 

you spelled 'putz' wrong.

Maybe Mittens is ******* deep to a tall Indian in the money laundering extravaganza known as Ukraine?

5 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

HaHa. if Miami U doesn't ask for Marco's degree back the school should be disacredited.  An impeachment is an indictment. We would have an interesting justice system in American if trials were constrained to present only the information in an indictment.

It's a political process, not a legal indictment. Therefore the senate can do whatever the **** it wants. 

So Mitch says he has the votes to get his short circuited rules, so riddle me this: Now that Bolton says he will not refuse a Senate subpeona, why doesn't the House - which is still holding the articles, simply reopen the intelligence or judiciary hearing and subpoena him. Bolton could refuse the subpoena but he will really look like fool for refusing based on which House of Congress it came from. And even if he does it's no loss to the Dems to have tried. And if he does not refuse, the House can then incorporate the information into the impeachment record and *then* send it over - seems like a win/win to me. If I'm Pelosi, I go the mike and say "Since the Senate seems to think we have to do their work for them as they won't hold a fact finding trial, we are forced to go back and build as much into the record as possibly before sending it over...."

At this point Bolton has created the public appetite for his testimony - the public is not going to care about the details of what venue it comes in. The Dems are immunized against the charge of 'dragging out the process' because they are simply reacting to the facts on the ground of Bolton's offer and Mitch's refusal.

All Bolton did is say he would comply and show up if subpoenaed. Didn’t say Anything about actually answering questions.just that he would show up. The exercise- or waiver- of presidential privilege is not his to assert.