ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

You can't trust Ken Starr. Just google his name - all you will get is connections to the Clintons!

I want to know how he survived all the Clinton assassination attempts.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I still don't know any Republican senator who will vote to convict. It would be easier for them if Trump would just resign or drop dead.

And Trump's never going to resign, so that kind of narrows it down, doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Saturated fat and cholesterol don't fail us now.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The longer Trump stays in office, the longer Ds will continue to make gains in state, local, House, and Senate elections.

Castor: "Do you believe that because of his business dealings, Mr Trump had a genuine interest in corruption in Ukraine"?

Sondland: "At the time, I did."

OK, I have a follow-up question here ...

6 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

The longer Trump stays in office, the longer Ds will continue to make gains in state, local, House, and Senate elections.

That's kind of why I hope we don't have President Pelosi next November. I think President Pence, who has the stink of Trump on him, would serve D better in terms of election chances.

Is the current defense Rudy did it.....and Rudy has shown signs that he is mentally incompetent. 

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That's kind of why I hope we don't have President Pelosi next November. I think President Pence, who has the stink of Trump on him, would serve D better in terms of election chances.

We will have a President Trump until at least January 2021.  The GOP's fate is too tied to Trump's cult of personality to abandon him now.

1 minute ago, Euphdude said:

We will have a President Trump until at least January 2021.  The GOP's fate is too tied to Trump's cult of personality to abandon him now.

Yeah - I still don't see this playing like Watergate. For the reasons I've talked about before, this is a different public, and the Trump supporter has already internalized a degradation of standards of conduct that there is no parallel to in 1974. We can only hope the result of the GOP Senators having locked themselves into a death embrace with Trump will simply mean the GOP loses the Senate in 2020.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RatkoVarda said:

coffee boy defense now

When I was President I always gave my direct number to guys I didn't know will with the understanding they could call me in the middle of the night to have profane conversation. Isn't that in the "President's Handbook"?

President must be the loneliest guy in DC. He doesn't know a soul...Sad!

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Yeah - I still don't see this playing like Watergate. For the reasons I've talked about before, this is a different public, and the Trump supporter has already internalized a degradation of standards of conduct that there is no parallel to in 1974. We can only hope the result of the GOP Senators having locked themselves into a death embrace with Trump will simply mean the GOP loses the Senate in 2020.

I pointed out earlier today that Fox didn't exist during Watergate, and that kind of propaganda may have saved Nixon's presidency.  In regards to Trump, Fox can't prevent the House from impeaching Trump, but it's going to keep the Senate from convicting him or pressing Trump to resign.

The fallout from this will be something else I also pointed out earlier today - the GOP is now just another way to spell Trump, and its fate at all levels of government are tied to Trump's cult of personality.  It will result in Ds continuing to gain political power nationwide.

34 minutes ago, chasfh said:

He could have a fake heart attack which forces him to resign

Just now, tiger337 said:

He could have a fake heart attack which forces him to resign

He'd never do anything to give the impression that he's physically or mentally weak or ill.  His administration already likely lied about the unplanned hospital visit a few days ago.