ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

Sondland crushed it on his description of administration obstruction. No misinterpreting it now.

Just now, chasfh said:

Sondland crushed it on his description of administration obstruction. No misinterpreting it now.

Yeah, it's over.

Basically the only defense remaining is "bad, but not impeachable"

11 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I am so looking forward to a President Pelosi.

That would make me nervous, for its possible effect on the elections.

21 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Nunes is simply signalling the Republicans' strategy against Sondland here.

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Yeah, it's over.

One step away from "criminal, but acceptable."

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

This has been the argument from the Trumpian right for a few weeks.  "Criticism is punishment enough" is their tag line, which does little to address or discourage similar and worse behavior in future administrations.

I guess the best remaining strategy for R is go after Giuliani, Sondland and maybe Volker for going rogue and perpetrating this entire caper themselves, unbeknownst to a president who was too busy to become involved in it? Then they go after Sondland for perjury? What else do they have?

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

Sondland says again... they used whatsapp.... butter emails

The NSC was on Sondland's case not to use WhatsApp but he did it anyways.  This is the kind of risk you take when you hand out high-level positions to the highest bidder.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I guess the best remaining strategy for R is go after Giuliani, Sondland and maybe Volker for going rogue and perpetrating this entire caper themselves, unbeknownst to a president who was too busy to become involved in it? Then they go after Sondland for perjury? What else do they have?

Fox news and the right wing disinformation machine 

if you think these people are going to go quietly you have not been paying attention

35% of this country has no interest in reality or truth

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I guess the best remaining strategy for R is go after Giuliani, Sondland and maybe Volker for going rogue and perpetrating this entire caper themselves, unbeknownst to a president who was too busy to become involved in it? 

The problem with this strategy is that he's now reading emails from people *in the White House* proving they knew what was going on.

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The problem with this strategy is that he's now reading emails from people *in the White House* proving they knew what was going on.

Maybe they can claim Trump was kept out of the loop to protect him from the dirty dealings. Remember, the only objective here is to protect Trump, in order to protect their own chances a year from now.

I'm not saying it's going to work. I'm just wondering what their next big push effort on explaining this away will be. They're running out of plausible options and they're close to being checkmated. 

Has Giuliani been subpoenaed? If he has is he saying he has immunity? He’s not a government employee. If he’s been subpoenaed send the police to his door, drag him out ,and sit him in that ******* chair in front of Congress.

Just now, chasfh said:

Maybe they can claim Trump was kept out of the loop for plausible deniability. Remember, the only objective here is to protect Trump, in order to protect their own chances a year from now.

I'm not saying it's going to work. I'm just wondering what their next big push effort on explaining this away will be. They're close to being checkmated. 

reports are Pompeo wants to run for Senate in Kansas. At what point in his calculus does Trump become a bigger minus than plus for him?

Just now, chasfh said:

Maybe they can claim Trump was kept out of the loop to protect him. Remember, the only objective here is to protect Trump, in order to protect their own chances a year from now.

I'm not saying it's going to work. I'm just wondering what their next big push effort on explaining this away will be. They're close to being checkmated. 

No question.... they'll try, but I think Gordo's dropped too many truthbombs at this point for there to be a coherent defense

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

No question.... they'll try, but I think Gordo's dropped too many truthbombs at this point for there to be a coherent defense

I didn't say it would be coherent, either. ??

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

When has the Trump defense ever been coherent? Now would be a good time to flip that script.