ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

3 hours ago, screwball said:

throw-penalty-flag.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

IDPol violation, 10 yard penalty, second down.  ?

It’s OK if we’re talking someone we don’t like. ?

I thought it was awesome when the GOP's lawyer clearly established that this all could have been more outlandish.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pfife said:

I thought it was awesome when the GOP's lawyer clearly established that this all could have been more outlandish.

Trevor Noah's bit about Hunter Biden was pretty good.   Trevor is someone whose perspective is usually really clever.  I wish I had more time to watch him.

9 hours ago, stanpapi said:

He didn't have to destroy him. Taylor flat out admitted he sucks as a star witness and has no first hand evidence of much of anything. 

He helped setup the scene for the quid pro quo, I think that was his only role.  If he was the star witness on the left, they still have quite a bit of work to do for impeachment.  If he was the star witness on the left for the sole purpose of showing how bad foreign policy is under Trump, he hit a grand slam in extra innings in game 7 of the world series.

welp, let this be the counter to the "sooooo boorring" gambit.

9 hours ago, stanpapi said:

He didn't have to destroy him. Taylor flat out admitted he sucks as a star witness and has no first hand evidence of much of anything. 

We all saw Trump do it on TV and it's in the "transcript" he released.   Sorry you're chosing to defend the indefensible.

sorry to repeat myself, and eff you Paul "Now I Can Stop Trump" Ryan, but how do we move forward as a country when ~35% of Americans are addicted to this garbage network?

GOP should start citing this case:

U.S v. Whats His Name: if a crime is boring, it ain't no crime

20 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

sorry to repeat myself, and eff you Paul "Now I Can Stop Trump" Ryan, but how do we move forward as a country when ~35% of Americans are addicted to this garbage network?

"Fox News guests" who are up to their neck in the ongoing conspiracy. 

58 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

If he was the star witness on the left, they still have quite a bit of work to do for impeachment.  

I don't quite know where the talking point that "Taylor is the star witness" eminated from. He's important, but Sondland, Vindman, and any eventual testimony from folks like Bolton or Mulvaney seem pretty important too

so i guess this is happening today

The man who served as the conduit for Wikileaks with the Russians is going to jail.

My totally boring but probably pragmatic response to the importance or unimportance of yesterday hearing is as follows:

It was day one of the hearing.

Let us see where we are at in a few weeks.

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I don't quite know where the talking point that "Taylor is the star witness" eminated from. He's important, but Sondland, Vindman, and any eventual testimony from folks like Bolton or Mulvaney seem pretty important too

Fiona Hill is the US Government's foremost expert on Putin.   This case is about Trump's conspiracy with the Russian leader to pin the 2016 hacking on Ukraine's former government and attempt to get a bribe from the current Ukraine government.

Just now, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It was day one of the hearing.

Let us see where we are at in a few weeks.

Agreed.

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Entertainment culture predisposition. There is a mismatch between television people and the lawyers that actually run the process. In entertainment land you need a great a 1st reel to keep people watching - so the assumption you lead off with your strongest witness. In a prosecution the case is usually build up so that you have established a context for the main event. You also want to put high credibility guys first so when the bad guys testify it's more clear they are contradicting good guys. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

"Fox News guests" who are up to their neck in the ongoing conspiracy.