ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

So you're saying no members of the house ever called for his impeachment until pelosi put it to an inquiry? 

No. Any one of 235 different individuals could lip off about anything at any time. I'm saying that Nancy Pelosi, the only Democrat who matters on this count, repeatedly warned against launching impeachment proceedings up to the point that Trump forced her hand with the release of the notes of the July 25th call that included impeachable content.

FYI on the Efforts to impeach DTJ wikipedia page, there's no entry for Jan 2017, which would really make that whole 'day one' thing a lie.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

No. Any one of 235 different individuals could lip off about anything at any time. I'm saying that Nancy Pelosi, the only Democrat who matters on this count, repeatedly warned against launching impeachment proceedings up to the point that Trump forced her hand with the release of the notes of the July 25th call that included impeachable content.

LOL. Their "plan" appears to be to continue a faux investigation through the election, but never vote articles. 

3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

LOL. Their "plan" appears to be to continue a faux investigation through the election, but never vote articles. 

we're talking about the impeachment inquiry, not #benghazi

14 hours ago, stanpapi said:

No, I mean, where are the articles?

If the reason for not charging ahead with articles is because you are busy calculating whether it's going to cost you...

Have you ever heard of "District Attorney"? Do you know what that person does?

It's called "Building a Case" Stan. Have you ever heard that term? Would you like me to explain that to you?

Because that's what Pelosi's team is doing Stan. They are "building the case" towards Articles of Impeachment.

FYI.

2 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Vote the articles or get off the pot. It's as simple as that. 

And hold all hearings publicly rather than sending out schiff for brains the leaker to leak like he always leaks.

Absent public hearings and articles, it's a farce to try something...anything...to win an election. 

CROCODILE TEARS!!!

WAAAHHH!!! WAAAHHH!!!

Amazing all the ties these guys end up having with foreign criminals....

50 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Political issues happen all the time between the parties. Mitch didn't start a faux impeachment inquiry with a road to nowhere....

THIS road leads to impeachment Stan.

Sorry.

Just now, 84 Lives!!! said:

THIS road leads to impeachment Stan.

Sorry.

I don't think they have the stones to actually vote articles.

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

This just isn't true...

No kidding

11 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I don't think they have the stones to actually vote articles.

Well, that means they have the stones to actually vote articles.

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

Well, that means they have the stones to actually vote articles.

Either way, it's a win for Trump, because the senate is not going to remove him. And if the house impeaches and the senate doesn't remove, you will see a massive turnout for him next year. Like I said, this is a box, and the dumbocrats have put themselves into it. I love it when they give themselves "heads we lose, tails you win" choices. 

Just now, stanpapi said:

Either way, it's a win for Trump, because the senate is not going to remove him. And if the house impeaches and the senate doesn't remove, you will see a massive turnout for him next year. Like I said, this is a box, and the dumbocrats have put themselves into it. I love it when they give themselves "heads we lose, tails you win" choices. 

cool story

1. It's best to operate under the assumption that Trump will mobilize his base regardless of whether he's impeached or not.

2. If the impeachment  judgment rendered by the Senate is seen as tainted by the majority of Americans who do not approve of Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if you see a more mobilized opposition to Trump.

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

1. It's best to operate under the assumption that Trump will mobilize his base regardless of whether he's impeached or not.

2. If the impeachment  judgment rendered by the Senate is seen as tainted by the majority of Americans who do not approve of Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if you see a more mobilized opposition to Trump.

This presumes there is something real beyond the nonsense that has been put forth to date. Of course, if there was something real beyond the nonsense that has been put forth to date, they would have already gotten serious about articles instead of computing political calculus for their members. 

Just now, stanpapi said:

This presumes there is something real beyond the nonsense that has been put forth to date. Of course, if there was something real beyond the nonsense that has been put forth to date, they would have already gotten serious about articles instead of computing political calculus for their members. 

Earth 1.0: "If the Dems had anything real, they would just vote on articles without investigating"

Earth 2.0, where Dems file articles without investigation: "Dems are being so unfair, how can they impeach him without doing an investigation?"

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It's best to operate under the assumption that Trump will mobilize his base regardless of whether he's impeached or not.

The red hat base has been mobilized and energized at near peak capacity for 4 years.  Impeachment or not, it's going to remain at near peak capacity going into 2020.

Much was rightfully said about how the red hat base was not sufficently accounted for pre-2016.  Now that's been over-corrected, and the red hat base is given more power and influence than it likely warrants.