ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

When you have to hold meetings to talk about whether the political calculus of going forward with a vote is unfavorable to certain members of your party, that tells me it's a sham. If they think he needs to be impeached, they should do it regardless of party impact. Why aren't they doing it? Because they know the whole thing is a sham, and it's been a sham since they first started talking about impeaching him right after he won.

The D's know they are getting out raised 3-1 by the RNC and they just put a clownshow on TV last night. They are floundering massively. All they can do is threaten investigations...they have nothing else.

Too bad your side lost and doesn't run things.   Quit trying to overturn the 2018 election.  And also get over it.

7 minutes ago, pfife said:

Too bad your side lost and doesn't run things.   Quit trying to overturn the 2018 election.  And also get over it.

he's mythmaking pretty hard here, isn't he?

7 minutes ago, pfife said:

I don't want to overturn an election. I'm having too much fun watching the D's fumble it back to Republicans in 2020.

I don't want to overturn an election. I'm having too much fun watching the D's fumble it back to Republicans in 2020.

Your posts suggest otherwise.

14 minutes ago, pfife said:

Your posts suggest otherwise.

No, my posts suggest the dumbocrats don't have the stones to do what they are threatening because they are playing political calculus in vulnerable districts rather than "doing their constitutional duty". 

i.e., they are just wusses who know they are going to lose an election....

• Like 1

No, my posts suggest the dumbocrats don't have the stones to do what they are threatening because they are playing political calculus in vulnerable districts rather than "doing their constitutional duty". 

i.e., they are just wusses who know they are going to lose an election....

Except they're literally doing it.

1 minute ago, pfife said:

Except they're literally doing it.

Vote the articles or get off the pot. It's as simple as that. 

And hold all hearings publicly rather than sending out schiff for brains the leaker to leak like he always leaks.

Absent public hearings and articles, it's a farce to try something...anything...to win an election. 

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

It's not as simple as that.  Your side wants that, but they lost really, really, really, really, really badly, so no dice.  It's simple as that.  

8 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

And hold all hearings publicly rather than sending out schiff for brains the leaker to leak like he always leaks.

Absent public hearings and articles, it's a farce to try something...anything...to win an election. 

Patience millennial.

3 minutes ago, pfife said:

It's not as simple as that.  Your side wants that, but they lost really, really, really, really, really badly, so no dice.  It's simple as that.  

You're right, it's not that simple. You first need to whine for months about how congress must do its constitutional duty and remove the president for crimes and misdemeanors....then wring your hands for even more months about the political calculus of doing what you SAY you must do....followed by closed door hearings and selective leaking. 

People "doing their constitutional duty" do not stop to examine the political calculus first. That's why this is a sham.

3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

You're right, it's not that simple. You first need to whine for months about how congress must do its constitutional duty and remove the president for crimes and misdemeanors....then wring your hands for even more months about the political calculus of doing what you SAY you must do....followed by closed door hearings and selective leaking. 

People "doing their constitutional duty" do not stop to examine the political calculus first. That's why this is a sham.

You're literally the one whining.  Maybe try winning instead.

I still remember when you said the House didn't matter, now you're literally obsessed with it and whining about it.

You're literally the one whining.  Maybe try winning instead.

winning like Putin and Erdogan

8 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Omni-corruption

Two sets of books? Yes, there are two sets of books. There are always two sets of books because the financial set of books call for certain methods to be used and the tax set of books call for other methods to be used. This is otherwise known as reality. 

Republicans spent 2 and a half years investigating Hillary and Benghazi

Patience Skywalker

54 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

When you have to hold meetings to talk about whether the political calculus of going forward with a vote is unfavorable to certain members of your party, that tells me it's a sham. If they think he needs to be impeached, they should do it regardless of party impact. Why aren't they doing it? Because they know the whole thing is a sham, and it's been a sham since they first started talking about impeaching him right after he won.

The D's know they are getting out raised 3-1 by the RNC and they just put a clownshow on TV last night. They are floundering massively. All they can do is threaten investigations...they have nothing else.

Impeachment is a political process, so gauging political calculus is perfectly appropriate.

Anyhow, you know they still have to gather testimony in advance of an impeachment vote. Demanding an impeachment vote before the evidence is presented is like a criminal trial commencing in which the prosecutor demands that the judge order the jury vote first thing.

I remember having the "impeachment is a poltical process with left wingers in 1998 and 1999..... they didn't think so.  I quoted Hillary Clinton who was an attorney for the judiciary committee in Watergate.

So yes, it's a constitutional political process.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Impeachment is a political process, so gauging political calculus is perfectly appropriate.

Anyhow, you know they still have to gather testimony in advance of an impeachment vote. Demanding an impeachment vote before the evidence is presented is like a criminal trial commencing in which the prosecutor demands that the judge order the jury vote first thing.

Wrongo bro, this impeachment runs on the minority's preferred timeline.   Sorry.  Them's the facts.

Wrongo bro, this impeachment runs on the minority's preferred timeline.   Sorry.  Them's the facts.

And when it is all said and done the Dumbocrats will have to wear pointy dunce caps in their prison cells just before they are executed by the benevolent Sun King.

Occam's razor says the GOP wants the vote to happen and investigation to stop because this runs deep and they will all be found out, even if their participation wasn't complicit.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

Kenneth Starr spent nearly 4 years investigating Whitewater....

and 0 days investigating rape at Baylor while he was president of the University.

**** that dude