ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

4 minutes ago, pfife said:

God, you couldn't pay me enough to be a journalist and have to put up with **** like this in response to simple questions.

I'm the kind of guy who might have replied to the congressman, "So, you're saying that it is appropriate? Because if you thought it wasn't appropriate, you'd've said no. Are you saying it's appropriate, then?" And then I'd be fired.

8 minutes ago, pfife said:

"I can't say I think it's in appropriate because then I'm locked down once we find out if this President did it"

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

God, you couldn't pay me enough to be a journalist and have to put up with **** like this in response to simple questions.

I'm the kind of guy who might have replied to the congressman, "So, you're saying that it is appropriate? Because if you thought it wasn't appropriate, you'd've said no. Are you saying it's appropriate, then?" And then I'd be fired.

Cory Gardner is up for re-election in 2020 in what projects to be a close election in a state that voted for Clinton in 2016.  His answer is an attempt to not draw Trump's ire by giving the obviously correct answer, and thus not give fuel to a possible primary challenger.

2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

"I can't say I think it's in appropriate because then I'm locked down once we find out if this President did it"

if this president did it?

7 minutes ago, pfife said:

if this president did it?

Yes.

He needs wiggle room.  They should have said "Ignoring President Trump's circumstances now because like you say, they're investigating, would it be wrong for ANY President to have done that?"  

HIstorically the answer by anyone would have been yes.  He can't say that now because he knows Trump did it and they will prove it, and he wants to be able to make an exception in this case.  

He doesn't want to be in a trap.

Like I give a **** about how this affects Cory Gardner's chances. It was his choice to be a Trump hack. **** him.

it was horrifying when a Fox news graphic informed his decisions

but now that the so called "adults" are gone, he is getting a steady diet of right wing bat sh|t crazy info

I assume from racist Miller

37 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Cory Gardner is up for re-election in 2020 in what projects to be a close election in a state that voted for Clinton in 2016.  His answer is an attempt to not draw Trump's ire by giving the obviously correct answer, and thus not give fuel to a possible primary challenger.

Is it really close? I have a feeling Hickenlooper is going to win big. Gardener can at least go out not being a complete douchebag. 

14 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Is it really close? I have a feeling Hickenlooper is going to win big. Gardener can at least go out not being a complete douchebag. 

The margin of victory will be determined by a combinatino of how "Trumpy" Gardner decides to be along with unknown / unforseen factors.

I would really love to see a pundit poll on impeachment.  Once Pelosi announced the inquiry I think it was near universal that ultimately it would just be a show as the  Senate would not vote him out.  Wonder if that's still the general consensus and even if so, how much confidence they have now.

5 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Rick Perry subpoenaed

Last week when there were rumors of him leaving by the end of the year there was a pretty decent write up on how he's considered to have done a good job, especially considering he ran on eliminating the agency.  It talked about how he's managed to stay out of Trumps doghouse.  Few days later "Rick Perry told me to call Ukraine" ~ Trump.  heh

5 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Last week when there were rumors of him leaving by the end of the year there was a pretty decent write up on how he's considered to have done a good job, especially considering he ran on eliminating the agency.  It talked about how he's managed to stay out of Trumps doghouse.  Few days later "Rick Perry told me to call Ukraine" ~ Trump.  heh

He's taking the entire GOP down with him.  Stay away from the drowning swimmer. 

The Occam's razor explanation that most of the GOP has accepted some Russian help in the last three cycles and it is being used as blackmail certainly gained some credence today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

No word on the optics of this for the Dems.  Also no word from Alito on how wrong he was.

10 minutes ago, pfife said:

No word on the optics of this for the Dems.  Also no word from Alito on how wrong he was.

He sold his soul. If you read the fine print in the Devil’s contract it’s non refundable