ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

Just now, pfife said:

No, I'm not saying that.  That's why my post said nothing even close to that.  

The house can impeach until it's blue in the face (if they ever get around to doing it and stop playing dress up). The senate will never convict (there's that important senate again). What you will be left with is status quo and two things- wildly engaged Trump supporters ready to vote and your own party fighting itself because you got nowhere. That's quite a strategy.

Just now, Euphdude said:

Some research into this would be beneficial on my end.  I'll take your word for it for now.

All the house is doing right now is subpoenas.   We obviously already know they have that power regardless of whether an impeachment or impeachment inquiry is going on. 

Just now, stanpapi said:

The house can impeach until it's blue in the face (if they ever get around to doing it and stop playing dress up). The senate will never convict (there's that important senate again). What you will be left with is status quo and two things- wildly engaged Trump supporters ready to vote and your own party fighting itself because you got nowhere. That's quite a strategy.

cool story bro

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

cool story bro

Your side is writing the story. Glad you are enjoying it. You'll recognize the ending. 

2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Even if the senate doesn't pass, you'll still get quite a few rep's flipping on him and voting to can him. Which will in turn equate to a lot of voters turning on him come Nov 2020. At the very least, it'll confirm the theory that he, in no way, will have enough votes to win again. His unconditional supporters like you won't get it done. 

The clock is ticking in one way or another, Stan. And I'm fine with that. 

Just now, stanpapi said:

Your side is writing the story. Glad you are enjoying it. You'll recognize the ending. 

I'm not, I'm not, and I won't.  And you're racist.

2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Even if the senate doesn't pass, you'll still get quite a few rep's flipping on him and voting to can him. Which will in turn equate to a lot of voters turning on him come Nov 2020. At the very least, it'll confirm the theory that he, in no way, will have enough votes to win again. His unconditional supporters like you won't get it done. 

The suggestion that the impeachment inquiry is going to result in a Trump and GOP landslide in 2020 is similar to how Dems thought Hillary and the Dems would easily win 2016.  Neither are baked in the political realities that exist.

No one has yet to tell me why he's obstructing impeachment if it's so beneficial to him.   

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Our President openly sells out an ally to benefit an adversary.      Imagine if a Democrat did that.  Especially a female.   

Imagine if a democrat bought a dossier from a foreign intel service and then had the sitting administration throw napalm on it with our intelligence services...and imagine if that candidate was a woman.....wait....

Imagine if a democrat bought a dossier from a foreign intel service and then had the sitting administration throw napalm on it with our intelligence services...and imagine if that candidate was a woman.....wait....

Fusion GPS is an American company.  Furthermore, Steele wasn't part of a foreign intel service when he did the report - he retired from there in 2009.  So yes, we would have to imagine that, because it didn't happen.  

Try facts, you damn lying racist.  

3 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

The suggestion that the impeachment inquiry is going to result in a Trump and GOP landslide in 2020 is similar to how Dems thought Hillary and the Dems would easily win 2016.  Neither are baked in the political realities that exist.

Because any sane person looking at this knows it's fabricated crap. They have tried it for 3 years and failed at every turn. This is akin to the dems lighting a firecracker in their hand and then holding onto it until explosion. They are marveling at their own stupidity right now. 

One day in **** I will see Franklin Graham and his father and Jerry Falwell and Jimmy Swaggert and that farting preacher guy and I am going to punch all of them right in the balls. 

Because any sane person looking at this knows it's fabricated crap.

In that case I know many insane Republicans who support this inquiry - even my diehard MAGA uncle thinks it's warranted and appropriate.

I look forward to seeing how this inquiry plays out.  If it turns out Trump wasn't abusing his office or violating the Constitution and this was all a big misunderstanding, so be it.

Any word from Stan on the latest action by the weakest American President in modern history?

13 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Because any sane person looking at this knows it's fabricated crap. They have tried it for 3 years and failed at every turn. This is akin to the dems lighting a firecracker in their hand and then holding onto it until explosion. They are marveling at their own stupidity right now. 

Your hero's entire life his made up crap.   How can you not watch the guy for 45 years and not figure that out?  

FYI We're no longer trying to defeat ISIS.  

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Any word from Stan on the latest action by the weakest American President in modern history?

To expound on that -- has Trump taken any action or implemented any policy Stan doesn't agree with?  He claims not to be a disciple of Trump, although the evidence strongly suggest otherwise (the avatars in particular).

1 minute ago, pfife said:

This is one of the most questionable political and policy moves Trump has implemented in the entirety of his presidency.  If ISIS regains a foothold in Syria and/or resumes terrorist attacks, it's going to be a major weight on him.

Just now, Euphdude said:

This is one of the most questionable political and policy moves Trump has implemented in the entirety of his presidency.  If ISIS regains a foothold in Syria and/or resumes terrorist attacks, it's going to be a major weight on him.

It's without a doubt one of the biggest foreign policy blunders of his Presidency, and we will be dealing with the consequences for years to come.

13 minutes ago, pfife said:

Didn't trump say it would be easy for him to defeat ISIS? At least it seems like something he'd say. 

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It's without a doubt one of the biggest foreign policy blunders of his Presidency, and we will be dealing with the consequences for years to come.

This is a consensus opinion from both the left and the right.  People are in favor of reducing our policing footprint throughout the world, but Syria was one spot where it was clear we needed to stay in.  Extreme isolationism is not a geopolitical strategy that is in the best interests of the U.S. or our allies.

3 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Didn't trump say it would be easy for him to defeat ISIS? At least it seems like something he'd say. 

Even better, I'm pretty sure he said he already defeated them.   Which means if we just halted defeating them, that was a lie.  I'm sure you're shocked.

Just now, Euphdude said:

This is a consensus opinion from both the left and the right.  People are in favor of reducing our policing footprint throughout the world, but Syria was one spot where it was clear we needed to stay in.  Extreme isolationism is not a geopolitical strategy that is in the best interests of the U.S. or our allies.

Even setting aside the debate about isolation, it gets down to fundamental questions of whether our word actually *means* anything anymore. Most countries, friendly or adversarial, are now going to think twice because of this.

Just now, Euphdude said:

To expound on that -- has Trump taken any action or implemented any policy Stan doesn't agree with?  He claims not to be a disciple of Trump, although the evidence strongly suggest otherwise (the avatars in particular).

Yes. There are probably more that will come to mind, but two in particular. With respect to the 2016 election interference, he should have declassified everything he has on 2016 and made it open to the public. Should have happened by now. I felt strongly that he should have done that during Mueller.  But mine is not to choose the timing of altering the political landscape forever.

With respect to tax reform, I think he should have eliminated the favorable carried interest benefit instead of extending the holding period. It is a joke that wealthy financiers avoid full rates on what is really service income, and Trump said he agreed with that, but it's still there. I also think that he should have pushed harder to get the number of brackets reduced, which would have given a bigger cut to the middle class. Overall it was a terrific act, but he should have fought harder on various provisions.

The best thing he's done is the judiciary. Long after the current impeachment crazed bozos are done arguing about Trump, conservative judges will be putting a stop to their nonsense. That's the Trump gift that will last decades and decades.