ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

4 hours ago, Oblong said:

I was reminded on the twitter this morning that Susan Macdougal served 18 months in prison for refusing a subpoena during Whitewater.

They need to imprison several of these F'ing jokers so they get the F'ing message...

• Thanks 1

Such a strong statement from our strong leader. 

Erdogan must be shaking in his little booties.

18 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Such a strong statement from our strong leader. 

Erdogan must be shaking in his little booties.

I like how the next sentence is "there are no American soldiers in the area." No ****. Trump pulled them out and left the Kurds high and dry so Turkey could attack.

12 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Boom

guns a smokin' bro

We’re approaching the time where Pelosi will have to hold a House vote on the impeachment inquiry. I would have rather seen her hold it a couple of weeks ago, but she’s held off for what are undoubtedly politically advantageous purposes. Both the Nixon and Clinton impeachment inquiries also had House votes as well. 

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

He's losing Franklin Graham on this....

They should  have known what they were getting. 

3 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

We’re approaching the time where Pelosi will have to hold a House vote on the impeachment inquiry. I would have rather seen her hold it a couple of weeks ago, but she’s held off for what are undoubtedly politically advantageous purposes. Both the Nixon and Clinton impeachment inquiries also had House votes as well. 

Why do they need to hold a House vote on it? What would you see happening next?

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Why do they need to hold a House vote on it? What would you see happening next?

I’m going to take a stab at law interpretation and  surmise that holding a House vote that - if it passes - will escalate legal hurdles the White House is going to file, with the primary argument being we don’t have to comply because it’s not a formal inquiry without a vote. The White House wants this process dragged out well into 2020, and they want House reps on the record with a vote for use in campaign ads. They will at least get the House vote. 

2 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I’m going to take a stab at law interpretation and  surmise that holding a House vote that - if it passes - will escalate legal hurdles the White House is going to file, with the primary argument being we don’t have to comply because it’s not a formal inquiry without a vote. The White House wants this process dragged out well into 2020, and they want House reps on the record with a vote for use in campaign ads. They will at least get the House vote. 

You really..... really think the obstacle to their compliance is this vote?

C'mon man! No way.

My $.02 is they shouldn't do the vote just to troll these bastards that are trying to overturn the 2018 election by pretending they're in control of the House of Representatives.  It's nothing short of a coup.

9 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

The house of representatives should be on record- every last one of them. And they should speak clearly into the camera so we get really good footage for the campaign ads.

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

You really..... really think the obstacle to their compliance is this vote?

C'mon man! No way.

My $.02 is they shouldn't do the vote just to troll these bastards that are trying to overturn the 2018 election by pretending they're in control of the House of Representatives.  It's nothing short of a coup.

I do believe the White House would plead to the courts that the House is not conducting a legal impeachment inquiry because they have not held a vote. There is likely some legal standing for the White House to stand on, although I’m not sure if it’s enough for them to contribute to obstruct the investigation. 

The House has to vote eventually, and it’s been three weeks since the inquiry was announced. I’d like to see this done the constitutional and lawful way from the House - we already know the White House has little regard for law and order. 

Just now, stanpapi said:

The house of representatives should be on record- every last one of them. And they should speak clearly into the camera so we get really good footage for the campaign ads.

1/11/2019:  "The House has no significance at this point"

Just now, pfife said:

1/11/2019:  "The House has no significance at this point"

So you're saying the house has the power to remove the president? 

Nope, that's the senate. 

1 minute ago, Euphdude said:

I do believe the White House would plead to the courts that the House is not conducting a legal impeachment inquiry because they have not held a vote. There is likely some legal standing for the White House to stand on, although I’m not sure if it’s enough for them to contribute to obstruct the investigation. 

The House has to vote eventually, and it’s been three weeks since the inquiry was announced. I’d like to see this done the constitutional and lawful way from the House - we already know the White House has little regard for law and order. 

The House has the power to do what they're doing regardless of whether impeachment is on the table.    There's absolutely nothing in the constitution whatsoever about the vote you're talking about.

Just now, stanpapi said:

So you're saying the house has the power to remove the president? 

Nope, that's the senate. 

No, I'm not saying that.  That's why my post said nothing even close to that.  

Just now, pfife said:

The House has the power to do what they're doing regardless of whether impeachment is on the table.    There's absolutely nothing in the constitution whatsoever about the vote you're talking about.

Some research into this would be beneficial on my end.  I'll take your word for it for now.