Jump to content

ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

Recommended Posts


Open collusion with foreign governments appears to be an issue Teflon Don couldn’t simply reflect, and had to issue a quasi-retraction. 

The cat’s of the bag though, and there’s no putting it back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Open collusion with foreign governments appears to be an issue Teflon Don couldn’t simply reflect, and had to issue a quasi-retraction. 

The cat’s of the bag though, and there’s no putting it back in.

Would have been better if it had been scratchy audio of tapes he made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ROMAD1 said:

Would have been better if it had been scratchy audio of tapes he made.

Amazing what’s revealed when Trump does a real interview outside the Fox bubble with a real journalist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Euphdude said:

Amazing what’s revealed when Trump does a real interview outside the Fox bubble with a real journalist. 

No kidding.  it was as if Stephanopolis being there was a slipup by his press secretary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don McGahn should sue Trump for saying he lied under oath.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Justin Amash might be Roy Hobbs.  Lindsay Graham must be Bump Bailey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

FOX!!!

I don't buy it.  Fox is cooking numbers to rile its viewership and increase ratings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I don't buy it.  Fox is cooking numbers to rile its viewership and increase ratings.

it seems odd. On one hand, I just looked a the last 6 months of the Quinipiac poll and there is only the slightest movement - about 2% have gone from "approve Trump strongly" to "approved somewhat" with no real change in net disapproval at all. That is not much of a fall off. On the other hand on a state by state basis Trump appears to be weakening. I wonder if what is happening is that pro-Trump communities are becoming even more supportive even as the number of such communities falls. This would be one way to understand the national numbers of voters not shifting as much as the EC landscape may be. That is just a SWAG BTW, I have no data to support the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

it seems odd.

Precisely - it doesn't pass the smell test.  Whatever Fox did to produce these poll results was done in a way to increase rating and generate more revenue for Murdoch.  Occam's razor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

revenue for Murdoch.  Occam's razor.

and to gin up GOP campaign contributions

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We watched the Cheney movie on HBO the other night. The big takeaway for me was the “Conservative” belief of a Unitary Executive Branch. Unless a Democrat is in office.

Another Trump example

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CMRivdog said:

We watched the Cheney movie on HBO the other night. The big takeaway for me was the “Conservative” belief of a Unitary Executive Branch. Unless a Democrat is in office.

Another Trump example

 

Yeah, what the ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justice Department and feds at times need to keep their noses out of the state and local's businesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBF, There were a lot of people on both sides of the political spectrum arguing that Manafort really doesn't belong @ Rikers.   AOC had a tweet thread about it.   All that said, I think her position is probably that NO ONE should be at Rikers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 9:06 AM, Oblong said:

I am having a hard time envisioning him during the campaign being able to keep up..... the dems should push for as many debates as possible.

William Weld should push for debates within the GOP but I doubt that would ever happen.  I should know this but has there every been a debate among a sitting POTUS and a primary opponent?  DOn't think so.

As long as we're fully entrenched in the era of norms routinely destroyed, I'd put a dollar on Trump won't agree to do any debates at all, neither within the GOP nor against the Democratic nominee. The whole debate thing is all a liberal media trap, or something like that. Plus, Trump is the reigning champeen, and debates are for the benefit of wannabes to establish their bona fides, which he has already done with the base, so there's nothing in it for him to participate. We know how his base feels about Trump, so refusing to participate in debates won't hurt him in the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

As long as we're fully entrenched in the era of norms routinely destroyed, I'd put a dollar on Trump won't agree to do any debates at all, neither within the GOP nor against the Democratic nominee. The whole debate thing is all a liberal media trap, or something like that. Plus, Trump is the reigning champeen, and debates are for the benefit of wannabes to establish their bona fides, which he has already done with the base, so there's nothing in it for him to participate. We know how his base feels about Trump, so refusing to participate in debates won't hurt him in the least.

yep I totally think he's not going to do debates against the Democratic nominee either.   I definitely don't think he'll do debates against Weld, but the RNC won't want those so he won't even get a chance to register his opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, chasfh said:

As long as we're fully entrenched in the era of norms routinely destroyed, I'd put a dollar on Trump won't agree to do any debates at all, neither within the GOP nor against the Democratic nominee. The whole debate thing is all a liberal media trap, or something like that. Plus, Trump is the reigning champeen, and debates are for the benefit of wannabes to establish their bona fides, which he has already done with the base, so there's nothing in it for him to participate. We know how his base feels about Trump, so refusing to participate in debates won't hurt him in the least.

It's pointless for him to do debates anyway.  He will be completely unprepared and ignorant and nobody cares because he's Trump.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's more off the rails than he was 3 years ago.  He's progressively getting worse.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chasfh said:

As long as we're fully entrenched in the era of norms routinely destroyed, I'd put a dollar on Trump won't agree to do any debates at all, neither within the GOP nor against the Democratic nominee.

Trump would be labeled as a ***** if he won't debate opponents, and it would be a label he couldn't give his standard "fake news / enemy of the people" to with effectiveness.  

Trump already has a perception issue with not giving hardly any interviews with non-Fox / conservative media hosts.  The Stephanopoulos interview was an attempt to change that perception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...