ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

If you, I, or anyone else we know acted like Trump, we'd be fired and we'd be in prison.  Those facts escape the MAGA base and the bubble they choose to live in.

this whole modelo/corona thing is really going to be a wind in the sails of the pro-impeachment forces.

3 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

I have not done a good job articulating the following, and I further know I irritate at least some posters with the opinion, but this is precisely why I believe this nation deserves this presidency.

By that, I mean the fact Seth's observation is true tells me we collectively have failed socially / culturally / educationally / parentally, and this failure directly led to this presidency.

And I am completely mindful of the electoral college / Russian influence / free media / ... / arguments and also think they have merit in varying degrees.

But the fact a 'good percentage believe' is at the root (IMO) of why we are where we are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

But the fact a 'good percentage believe' is at the root of where we are where we are.

The death of commonly accepted facts, which by extension leads to the annihiliation of truth (as Garry Kasparov calls it).

Political disagreement is nothing new.... but choosing what is true and isn't true based entirely on one's political viewpoint is increasingly common in this day and age. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I have not done a good job articulating the point I have attempted to make in the past, and I further know I irritate at least some posters with the opinion, but this is precisely why I believe this nation deserves this presidency.

By that, I mean the fact Seth's observation makes is true tells me we collectively have failed socially / culturally / educationally / parentally, and this failure directly led to this presidency.

And I am completely mindful of the electoral college / Russian influence / free media ... arguments and also think they have merit.

But the fact a 'good percentage believe' is at the root of where we are where we are.

I'm of the belief that, at minimum, 25% of the country will believe anything.   Ask any question, no matter how ridiculous, and 25% will say "Yep... I see it"

Fake moon landings?

Holocaust never happened?

Anti-Vaxxers

Jews run the world

The Gov't controls the weather

Contrails/Chemtrails

9/11 inside job

Earth is flat

I'm excluding religious based beliefs as that enters a world of faith which by definition is supposed to not make any sense.  i.e. Creationism, Noah's Ark, etc.

8 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I'm of the belief that, at minimum, 25% of the country will believe anything.   Ask any question, no matter how ridiculous, and 25% will say "Yep... I see it"

Fake moon landings?

Holocaust never happened?

Anti-Vaxxers

Jews run the world

The Gov't controls the weather

Contrails/Chemtrails

9/11 inside job

Earth is flat

I'm excluding religious based beliefs as that enters a world of faith which by definition is supposed to not make any sense.  i.e. Creationism, Noah's Ark, etc.

And that 25% grows larger when the President says it.  I mean he's the President.  He wouldn't just make **** up.  

54 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

...  I mean he's the President.  He wouldn't just make **** up.  

So says the sycophantic multitudes...

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

I mean he's the President.  He wouldn't just make **** up.  

That's a perception we grew were taught to believe, and we did believe it for a long time.  Younger generations aren't going to believe the POTUS is above lying, or hold the office to the same level of grandeur we once did.

I can't help but read that like he really didn't want to leave that VM. 

• Like 1

Here we go..............

11 hours ago, pfife said:

Here we go..............

This is very curious.  Who at Justice decided that they didn't want any part of the narrative out there that Trump campaign conspired?

Seth weighs in on Barr blocking release of Kislyak phone call records

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

This is very curious.  Who at Justice decided that they didn't want any part of the narrative out there that Trump campaign conspired?

I've searched the recesses of my brain, and I can't come up with anyone....  

• Like 1

Audience in California chanting "Impeach" at Pelosi

29 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey

Yeah. When I read that earlier today, I thought for sure his bail would be revoked and he’d be waiting for his trial from behind bars.

10 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

because **** him. 

realize that if the British government hadn't had more sense about its domestic new business than the US, Murdoch would now own Sky News and it would be "trumpeting' more MBGAish sentiments.

• Thanks 1