ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Not only that, but the culture war narrative that they are pushing falls *directly* in-line with type of white identity line that the regime in Moscow has long been known for. If, in fact, they are getting cash from Moscow, it would make sense that the advertising would evolve accordingly.

to counter this narrative...the Nation's Gun Show in my neck of the woods is at least 40-50% non-white attendee.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

With respect I disagree,  there is always some sort of paper trail.   Bannon wants to screw Kushner over.  

Bannon may be scum and a slippery sidewinder but he might also want to get revenge.

I’m trying to square the circle on Bannon trying to get Kushner while at the same time fully supporting Donald Trump. Isn’t Kushner married to Trump’s daughter? Where is she on all this? How is she not a linchpin consideration for Trump? Isn’t she essentially the only other person on the planet he actually cares about?

The various possibilities I see here are:

1. Bannon’s going to win and Kushner is in trouble, Ivanka be damned, because Trump doesn’t really care about her or her young family after all.
  2. Kushner is going to win and Bannon’s on the hook, and Ivanka’s family is going to be protected.
  3. Both Bannon and Jared are going to lose and Ivanka is going to wash her hands of Jared, despite the effect on their children.
  4. Trump doesn’t care about how any of this affects Ivanka, so he will let the chips fall where they may, and he will tab Hope Hicks to replace Ivanka as his daughter-wife.
  5. They’re all going down, Ivanka included, so none of the interpersonal dynamics matter.
  6. They’ll all get off scot-free so none of the interpersonal dynamics matter, because this will all be resolved by only one or two relative nobodies outside the family (e.g., Papadopoulos) going to Goodfellas prison.

Which scenarios seem most likely? I think they are, in order: 6, then 2, then a long drop to 5, then another long drop to 3. 

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I’m trying to square the circle on Bannon trying to get Kushner while at the same time fully supporting Donald Trump. Isn’t Kushner married to Trump’s daughter? Where is she on all this? How is she not a linchpin consideration for Trump? Isn’t she essentially the only other person on the planet he actually cares about?

The various possibilities I see here are:

1. Bannon’s going to win and Kushner is in trouble, Ivanka be damned because Trump doesn’t really care about her or her young family.
  2. Kushner is going to win and Bannon’s on the hook, and Ivanka’s family is going to be protected.
  3. Both Bannon and Jared are going to lose and Ivanka is going to wash her hands of Jared, despite the effect on their children.
  4. Trump doesn’t care about how any of this affects Ivanka, so he will let the chips fall where they may will tab Hope Hicks to replace Ivanka as his daughter-wife.
  5. They’re all going down, Ivanka included, so none of the interpersonal dynamics matter.
  6. They’ll all get off scot-free so none of the interpersonal dynamics matter, because this will all be resolve by only one or two relative nobodies outside the family (e.g., Papadopoulos) will go to Goodfellas prison

Which scenario seems most likely? I think they are, in order: 6, then 2, then a long drop to 5, then another long drop to 3. 

5 with a bullet but only after November 2018.

16 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

i don't mind the idea of having the ability to protect against an intruder

Reasonable people who think within the context of the 2nd amendment - like it or not - would tend to agree with you.  Our hyper-extreme tribalized environment - which is exactly what the likes of Russia and people with money and power want - prevents reason from coming to the forefront.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Which scenarios seem most likely?

Kushner's the in-law, and I see him as the most likely to be thrown under the bus.  Ivanka will be protected at all costs, so if any Trump kids are to be sacrificed, it will be Donnie Junior or Eric, with my bets leaning toward Little Don since he royally ****** up with the Russia situation.

4 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Reasonable people who think within the context of the 2nd amendment - like it or not - would tend to agree with you.  Our hyper-extreme tribalized environment - which is exactly what the likes of Russia and people with money and power want - prevents reason from coming to the forefront.

The gun culture is beyond f'd up.   No lie.  Its dispiriting to see the #maga nonsense.

• Thanks 1

The only criminal billionaire I can think of to totally go down is Al Capone, and even Trump isn’t at the level of Al Capone, because Capone made his fortune off the grid while publicly, even loudly, flouting the authority of the US government. Not even Trump did that.

So I think #5, while not impossible, is a long, long shot, even with Democratic control of Congress, because Democrats have skeletons in their closet that they will trade Trump’s possible imprisonment to keep hidden. Even if #5 happened to Trump and he was found guilty of anything (likely no worse than a lying-related offense), I think the worst that would happen to him would be a huge announced fine that will get negotiated down to seven figures, max, and permanent legal ban from social media. And it might not even come to that.

2 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Kushner's the in-law, and I see him as the most likely to be thrown under the bus.  Ivanka will be protected at all costs, so if any Trump kids are to be sacrificed, it will be Donnie Junior or Eric, with my bets leaning toward Little Don since he royally ****** up with the Russia situation.

I don’t think that matters. If it came down to the two boys, I think Eric would get the heat, for the simple reason that Junior has Don’s name, so Junior’s name dragged down would be Senior’s name dragged down. Eric hands’ probably aren’t as dirty as Junior’s, but would that even matter?

Just now, chasfh said:

I don’t think that matters. If it came down to the two boys, I think Eric would get the heat, for the simple reason that Junior has Don’s name, so Junior’s name dragged down would be Senior’s name dragged down. Eric hands’ probably aren’t as dirty as Junior’s, but would that even matter?

I agree it's a toss up between Dopey Eric and Little Don.  I also tend to agree that they will not face any harsh repercussions due to their power and wealth.  As always, the system is rigged, and with each passing day in this administration, the system becomes even more rigged and corrupted.

42 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The only criminal billionaire I can think of to totally go down is Al Capone, and even Trump isn’t at the level of Al Capone, because Capone made his fortune off the grid while publicly, even loudly, flouting the authority of the US government. Not even Trump did that.

So I think #5, while not impossible, is a long, long shot, even with Democratic control of Congress, because Democrats have skeletons in their closet that they will trade Trump’s possible imprisonment to keep hidden. Even if #5 happened to Trump and he was found guilty of anything (likely no worse than a lying-related offense), I think the worst that would happen to him would be a huge announced fine that will get negotiated down to seven figures, max, and permanent legal ban from social media. And it might not even come to that.

I agree with your bullet points and summary.... nice job on that.  That would have taken Seth Abramson 43 tweets to sort out.

• Thanks 1

this here is the dream candidate for 2018.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Only the best people. 

Well they were gun charges, which means it can be tied into the 2nd amendment somehow, making Gorka a victim who was only expressing his God-given rights.

Just now, Euphdude said:

Well they were gun charges, which means it can be tied into the 2nd amendment somehow, making Gorka a victim who was only expressing his God-given rights.

If he was praying while he shot the guns...he'd have a two-fer

Can I just say that the existence of Seb Gorka is an insult to everything and everyone.   He's just a poser, blowhard, wannabe, neverbe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

If he was praying while he shot the guns...he'd have a two-fer

Thank you for joining me on this Stereotyping Thursday! :)

• Like 1

if it ended in both guy's death at the hands of the Bolivian army it would send the audiences home happy.

13 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

if it ended in both guy's death at the hands of the Bolivian army it would send the audiences home happy.

Call the movie "Only The Best People" and I'll be there with a bucket of buttery popcorn!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Euphdude said:

Call the movie "Only The Best People" and I'll be there with a bucket of buttery popcorn!

Greenlit

appreciated for the effort at photoshop

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

Can I just say that the existence of Seb Gorka is an insult to everything and everyone.   He's just a poser, blowhard, wannabe, neverbe.

He's a cad.

And a total wanker of course.

• Like 1

he also drives the lame mustang, not even the one with balls

• Like 1