ROMAD1

POTUS Impeachment Watch

Given that the administration is accused of doing something that was in the second article of Impeachment against Nixon...

The History Place - Impeachment: Richard Nixon

and that Hillary Clinton, the wife of the only President to have been impeached is a central figure in the Benghazi scandal and the deaths of the Seal Team Six members.

The History Place - Impeachment: Bill Clinton

I'd say we had pretty good odds that someone is going down. Not that the Press won't have POTUS' back all the way.

Fast and Furious, the DHS ammo purchase, the deaths of Seal Team Six, can you name other egregious abuses of power?

nixon_crook_lg.jpg

Not necessarily. The White House has been doing a pretty good job alienating the press of late, and now this:

My Way News - Gov't obtains wide AP phone records in probe

The press won't turn on him, he is their guy they will defend/cover up for him to the end. You can see it down the line, they are currently minimizing Benghazi as best they can, and the IRS thing has been virtually a non-story in the media. The only reason we even know anything about it is because an IRS employee slipped up and mentioned it to a reporter on a non-related question.

Clinton is not the only president to have been impeached.

Andrew Johnson....right.

Not necessarily. The White House has been doing a pretty good job alienating the press of late, and now this:

My Way News - Gov't obtains wide AP phone records in probe

I still haven't absorbed the AP story. This sounds like it was done under subpoena for national security reasons as part of their vain effort to protect someone important accused of leaking. Holder will make it right...he always does...what else do fixers do?

This article makes a stronger case. I doubt they fire the guy who makes things right for them.

Why the AP Phone Records Bombshell Could Threaten Eric Holder's Job - NationalJournal.com

Edited by ROMAD1

have fun with this one ladies & gents

you need control of the senate first for it to be anything more than a total thud

We'll see. Prolly better do a better job with that "outreach"

I'd say we had pretty good odds that someone is going down. Not that the Press won't have POTUS' back all the way.

Given your excellence in prognostication, I'm tempted to go to Vegas and bet on an Obama 3rd term. :grin:

speaking of bets, I believe Belcher and I had a bet on the election and he owes me 6months of an avatar.... LOL

*Sigh*...just what this nation needs -- more GOP sensationalized scandal against a Democratic president that will distract us from real issues that need addressing.

If you can't beat 'em...impeach 'em!

*Sigh*...just what this nation needs -- more GOP sensationalized scandal against a Democratic president that will distract us from real issues that need addressing.

If you can't beat 'em...impeach 'em!

*sigh* just what America needs...blind loyalty to a corrupt regime.

Well... I sorta agree here. I don't know if I'd say that the scandal is all sensationalized. I also think the if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be hear stuff about a Republican president.

Having said that, I do think impeachment talk here dumb and would be distracting from any real problems. Look, we have a process where we change administrations regularly. This is the process that should be used by the nation except in very grievous situations. This isn't that grievous of a situation. At least not anymore. Back in Nixon's era, maybe... but not now.

An impeachment should be a last ditch effort with an atrocious president. It shouldn't be a tool used when you disagree (even strongly) with political ideas.

*sigh* just what America needs...blind loyalty to a corrupt regime.

yeah, that just started.....

No one is blind - we just think you guys are great at stimulating the manufactroversy industry. We're all Keynsians.

Would a mod please change the thread title to "The Right Wing Wishful Thinking Thread"? :grin:

Well... I sorta agree here. I don't know if I'd say that the scandal is all sensationalized. I also think the if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be hear stuff about a Republican president.

Having said that, I do think impeachment talk here dumb and would be distracting from any real problems. Look, we have a process where we change administrations regularly. This is the process that should be used by the nation except in very grievous situations. This isn't that grievous of a situation. At least not anymore. Back in Nixon's era, maybe... but not now.

An impeachment should be a last ditch effort with an atrocious president. It shouldn't be a tool used when you disagree (even strongly) with political ideas.

Dude..... we had dozens upon dozens of scandals w/ a Republican president, and impeachment talk was nearly non-existent. Including a war where 100k+ died, based on totally false information. Guess that's not nearly as bad as someone giving bad info on a Sunday talk show.... allegedly. And we all know 4 > 100k.

I hope they impeach Obama, because that worked really well for them last time. I fully support all efforts for the GOP to sink themselves.

Edited by pfife

100% agreed. Unfortunately in the case of Clinton (and Obama if it happens), it's being used purely for political gain. The GOP can't win based on its message, so it has to tear down its opponent in order to win elections. The GOP is a very well-oiled machine in this regard.

This thread reminds me of this.

gynlT63zeGA

you people are very funny...you have such fond memories of the Clinton era. How he used the whole of government to hide a personal scandal.

So...here we are again. But this time POTUS or his people or Hillary in particular used the whole of government to hide a stupid set of decisions in order to protect their position in an election season. And someone used the IRS to damage their political opposition.

So, how is the youtube video guy doing? How is Dr. Shakeel Afridi?

Edited by ROMAD1

you people are very funny...you have such fond memories of the Clinton era. How he used the whole of government to hide a personal scandal.

So...here we are again.

I remember how you guys failed bad. And got stung about it. That was awesome.