Auburndale Ray

Global Warming-Revisited...Ad Nauseam!

IS GLOBAL WARMING "SETTLED SCIENCE"???  

15 members have voted

1. 1. IS GLOBAL WARMING "SETTLED SCIENCE"???

• Yes, Global Warming is proven and is "Settled Science".
    • No, Global Warming is a LIE.
    • Who Knows, and who cares. I am sick of hearing about it.

Is Global Warming "Settled Science"...

Or is it a total farce, perpetrated by politicians and pseudo-scientists, looking for funding...

Al Gore and his political/scientist crusaders appear to want to bully you into believing...

If you do not buy in to the concept, you are not only ignorant, but evil, propelling us to world destruction...

On the other side, are the staunch defenders of the view that Global Warming is just NOT factual and cannot be proven by current research...

So...To bring this topic to a Current Discussion...Go For It...

Is Global Warming "Settled Science"...

Or is it a total farce, perpetrated by politicians and pseudo-scientists, looking for funding...

Al Gore and his political/scientist crusaders appear to want to bully you into believing...

If you do not buy in to the concept, you are not only ignorant, but evil, propelling us to world destruction...

On the other side, are the staunch defenders of the view that Global Warming is just NOT factual and cannot be proven by current research...

So...To bring this topic to a Current Discussion...Go For It...

We have already done this, so other than rehash that, I will post a pic that I saw on facebook that expresses how I feel about it. It is addressing a different subject, but you get the point.

943256_590596214294727_1384987374_n.jpg

We have already done this, so other than rehash that, I will post a pic that I saw on facebook that expresses how I feel about it. It is addressing a different subject, but you get the point.

943256_590596214294727_1384987374_n.jpg

Believing man made global warming isn't caused by man is loads different than believing in creationism.

There's many scientists and research professors at top universities (Harvard, Duke, MIT, UVA, Princeton, etc) that challenge the theory on scientific grounds. And isn't that what science is? Good scientists attempt to disprove hypotheses and theories.

Believing man made global warming isn't caused by man is loads different than believing in creationism.

There's many scientists and research professors at top universities (Harvard, Duke, MIT, UVA, Princeton, etc) that challenge the theory on scientific grounds. And isn't that what science is? Good scientists attempt to disprove hypotheses and theories.

Yes.

When you say "challenge the theory", though, it's not really as simple as that is it? Which is also sort of what science is about.

Lol, I said that how I felt about is the about the same, even though it is a different subject. Are you telling me that because the subjects are so different, that I am not allowed to feel the same?

As far as the rest of this bit, there are many more scientists that support global warming being a result of man's activities. I would assume that if the question were phrased as you have stated it, all of them would agree that "man made global warming" is caused by man.:wink:

As far as what science is, I apologize if this sounds arrogant, but I do not need your help with a definition.

The point of my post was to give the opinion that I do not care what individuals here believe, and that I will not likely be participating in what is sure to be thrilling debate on the subject, again.

Bit of a poll fail by the way. It really needs:

a) a comedy option;

b) an option which suggests that the science is sound but that acknowledges that the idea of proven science is tricky

So, yeah. Nice day here today.

Bit of a poll fail by the way. It really needs:

a) a comedy option;

b) an option which suggests that the science is sound but that acknowledges that the idea of proven science is tricky

So, yeah. Nice day here today.

Yes sir!

Two points... one, your definition of science doesn't quite hit the mark. Second of all, why do you assume that scientists that have determined that climate change is real haven't tried in the past to disprove its existence?

Escalator_2012_500.gif

A whole 42 years of data on a planet that is over 4 billion years old....seems legit.

Predict the future results of a hitter after one strike...not strike out....strike...get it right and then try to do that for every player in the MLB.

A whole 42 years of data on a planet that is over 4 billion years old....seems legit.

We've covered this ground before of course, but, as an aside, 30 years is the standard sort of length of time you want to be dealing with in order to come up with a decent set of figures for a location.

We've covered this ground before of course, but, as an aside, 30 years is the standard sort of length of time you want to be dealing with in order to come up with a decent set of figures for a location.

Of course....over a 30 year period. For something 120 years old that would give a good pattern to follow.

Of course....over a 30 year period. For something 120 years old that would give a good pattern to follow.

Sorry, for a location's climate. Must have hit return rather than the apostrophe.