guy incognito

1984 WS Game 5 full game on YouTube

Thanks for this, OP. Been watching. Dat first inning!

Also, just heard a reference to "West Germany." I said wow. Almost forgot all about that.

nice. Heading there before it disappears!

Actually, this one should stay up for a while, since it's part of an official MLB feed: MLB.com Classics

There are a few other Tiger games up there, though most of them are unfortunately losses. F'risnstance:

Edited by guy incognito

^^^ The above three all come from this guy's YT channel, which has a ton of vintage baseball TV broadcasts from the '70s and '80s. I have no idea whether his stuff is authorized or not, so you might want to get 'em while they're hot.

Sorry, haven't found any full George & Al games thus far.

Edited by guy incognito

^^^ The above all come from this guy's YT channel, which has a ton of vintage baseball TV broadcasts from the '70s and '80s. I have no idea whether his stuff is authorized or not, so you might want to get 'em while they're hot.

Sorry, haven't found any full George & Al games thus far.

Wow!! This guy has games posted all the way back to "ancient" times, such as, 1978 B.C. aka "Before Cable" Very enjoyable!!!

How can we watch these games when we don't immediately know the score, inning, and count?

Holy crap! This stuff is awesome. I am going to watch game 5 right now. I hope we win. But they ARE the Tigers.......

Man, I remember watching this game in my living room in Tucson, AZ with all my closest friends, and by coincidence we were all life-long Tiger fans from either Detroit or Northern Indiana. Damn we were happy. It was beautiful. And those San Diego uniforms are just as butt-ugly now as they were then.

Notice how, during the biggest moments of the game, Vin and Joe just shut up and let the pictures tell the story.

What a novel concept.

Notice how, during the biggest moments of the game, Vin and Joe just shut up and let the pictures tell the story.

What a novel concept.

I find that style of broadcasting to be pretty boring and overrated. And I realize I may be alone in this.

BTW, I believe that anyone with MLB At Bat 13 (full version, not lite) can access these and dozens of other classic games for free through their app. Just look under videos and you will see a selection for classics.

This is as good as it gets. Cleveland at the Tigers on April 9, 1985 for the home opener. Full WDIV telecast. George & Al at the mic. Tigers get their WS rings.