Deleterious

2013 Pistons Offseason

You're a Suns fan. Your team just traded your best player for nothing right before the season even starts in a blatant attempt to tank. The team has effectively said to you, we have no interest in trying to be competitive for the next 82 games.

Its a joke.

Chris Paul can't get traded to the Lakers but this BS can happen.

You're a Suns fan. Your team just traded your best player for nothing right before the season even starts in a blatant attempt to tank. The team has effectively said to you, we have no interest in trying to be competitive for the next 82 games.

Its a joke.

Chris Paul can't get traded to the Lakers but this BS can happen.

If all goes well Phoenix will have 4 first round picks in the best draft since 2003. As far as tank nation goes the suns have done the best. If suns fans knew basketball this season would be intriguing for a couple of reasons, including scoreboard watching for potential drafts picks and seeing if you will get any more draft picks.

June could be a very good month for Phoenix.

Teams who try to build by stacking prospects find themselves still trying to build season after season. Gortat was a stud. A 7 foot stud still under the age of 30. That's not the right way to build.

I like the trade for PHX. It allows Alex Len, their first round pick this year to get bulk of minutes at C. With him and Bledsoe, plus a few others they have solid yound core. The 4 first round picks in what should be a deep draft is money. I can totally see them being a top 5 team for many years to come 3-4 years from now. Very bright future.

I like the trade for PHX. It allows Alex Len, their first round pick this year to get bulk of minutes at C. With him and Bledsoe, plus a few others they have solid yound core. The 4 first round picks in what should be a deep draft is money. I can totally see them being a top 5 team for many years to come 3-4 years from now. Very bright future.

This isn't NBA2K14. Throwing Len to the wolves is an atrocious decision from a developmental standpoint and a questionable decision from a team strategy standpoint. Eric Bledsoe is a nice young player but how are you basing the Suns having a good future around him?

2003 was a deep draft. People drafted Darko Milicic, Michael Sweetney, Zarko Cabarkapa and Reece Gaines.

You don't trade 7 footers who can play. Not for any reason.

Yup, they are rebuilding the smart way. Bledsoe,Dragic,Len, a few more young players, no albatross contracts and a lot of picks. That's as much as you can ask for

This isn't NBA2K14. Throwing Len to the wolves is an atrocious decision from a developmental standpoint and a questionable decision from a team strategy standpoint. Eric Bledsoe is a nice young player but how are you basing the Suns having a good future around him?

2003 was a deep draft. People drafted Darko Milicic, Michael Sweetney, Zarko Cabarkapa and Reece Gaines.

You don't trade 7 footers who can play. Not for any reason.

Gortat isn't that good, is a FA after the season and they drafted a guy who plays his position(with neither being position versatile) 6th overall. Why would you keep him? If you do keep him, how much do you pay him on his new extension? Are you going to pay him 10 million? Are you going to make your top pick a long term backup? What's the plan? Is Gortat a top 3 player on a contender? Top 4? Is he better than Okafor?

I would say Gortat is a top 3 player on a contender. He's pretty good, and yes, much better than Okafor. There just aren't many centers who can play in the league.

Len will need time to develop. They could have let him come off of the bench until the trade deadline and then gotten much more for Gortat.

I would say Gortat is a top 3 player on a contender. He's pretty good, and yes, much better than Okafor. There just aren't many centers who can play in the league.

Len will need time to develop. They could have let him come off of the bench until the trade deadline and then gotten much more for Gortat.

What they got for Gortat was pretty good. He wasn't needed in Phoenix after Len, it seemed pretty obvious he would be traded. I wouldn't be surprised if they shop Dragic either. The suns have put themselves in a really position going forward, the moves they have made make them much more likely to be good for years to come. Gortat was not going to be part of any long term plans for Phoenix, the move came at the right time. If I were a suns fan I would applaud the trade and the strategy the GM has implemented.

They don't want much more. They want to tank out, get a high draft pick and let their rookies get big minutes. And Gortat is an average big man starter at best. They didn't trade away a star for a draft pick.

I just want to see the start of the season was my point. These threads being current are symbolic that the season hasn't started yet.

I have to convince the wife to let me buy the NBA package this year.

Wives take the fun out of everything...

I have to convince the wife to let me buy the NBA package this year.

Wives take the fun out of everything...

Does she make the cake?

They're saying that Siva has a chance to start at the beginning of the season. While I think that's a silly silly thought, and that if Billups isn't starting at PG to begin the season with Stuckey and Jennings out then Cheeks needs his head examined. That said, they're basing that off a quote that he doesn't want to take Bynum out of his current role off the bench because "he moves that scoreboard so well, and playing with Andre (Drummond) like that, I like him in that role.” this leads me to believe that Drummond is going to play a lot with the 2nd team this season.

Khris Middleton is starting for the Bucks tonight.

That makes me ask the question of...is it bad for the Bucks in that Middleton is starting? Or is it bad for the Pistons in that they couldn't recognize a starting-quality player?

Khris Middleton is starting for the Bucks tonight.

That makes me ask the question of...is it bad for the Bucks in that Middleton is starting? Or is it bad for the Pistons in that they couldn't recognize a starting-quality player?

He's just starting because Ilyasova has a hurt ankle at the moment.

The Pistons did not get Monroe signed to an extension. He will be a restricted free agent next summer. Meaning other teams can sign him to an offer sheet and the Pistons will have 3 days to match the offer or let him go.

No, i "get it". Yes, Howard was at his best in the pick and roll but to say that he had no post game is just wrong.

Just saw an article, posted below, and wanted to add to the previous debate.

Barkley, Kerr not impressed with Dwight Howard - latimes.com

TNT analyst Charles Barkley said the Rockets had a “horrible half-court offense.”

“Dwight Howard still doesn’t know how to post-up. He just holds his hand up and says, ‘Throw me the ball.’ He doesn’t use any leg action,” Barkley said.

Steve Kerr was similarly unimpressed, saying Howard’s off-season work with Hakeem Olajuwon had “not paid off yet” and the 27-year-old was still “a work in progress” despite being “a long way into his career.”
"In the long run, it’s going to be best for the Lakers. I don’t think they were going to be able to build a championship team with Howard and his huge contract,” Kerr said.

Both of these guys support the idea that Howard has no post up moves, which is absolutely true. In no way has Howard developed since he came to the NBA. He is the same player, only slightly less athletic. It will be near impossible for a team to win a championship with Howard.

Didn't know where else to stick this:

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 13m

My favorite made-up NBA trade right now: who says no, New Orleans or Detroit? NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 8m

On last fake trade tweet: Detroit gets Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson + Jeff Withey; N.O. gets Greg Monroe + the Villanueva/Stuckey expirings.