Deleterious

2013 Pistons Offseason

Bynum ooped it too both KCP and Mitchell. Two years ago I never would have believed this but he is making it extremely easy for the young athletic players on this team to score at the hoop. Too bad both Bynum and Billups are old now because otherwise I would not care for Jennings being on this roster at all.

EDIT: And now a monster lob to Drummond!

Edited by nikopolidis

Bynum with ANOTHER lob, this time to Mitchell. Personally I am happy that Bynum is back. He may be top 3 or 4 lob pass throwers in the league off the dribble. He gets guys so many buckets with his hesitation. He is a perfect rotation guard, come in and see if he can get some points and dunks for others.

KCP drills a 3 now, he has good poise. 48-27 pistons.

The comments about Billups are so true. Sitting there watching that game, it was amazing the difference in the feel of the game when Billups is on the court running the point and when he's not. He's just knows how to set things up and get people involved. He hit the big three at the end of the game as well which was a nice flashback moment for Mr Big Shot. The crowd - little as it was - went wild at that point.

Bynum can definitely throw some nice lobs. I think it's more that he's not afraid of turning it over than other guards. He just plays like he's on the street hoopin' it up. Lot's of energy. I love him when he's on and cringe when he's not. With Bynum, you know in the first minute whether it's a day to play him or not. There's no in-between for him. As long as the coach recognizes that and is ready to pull the plug early, I don't mind Bynum getting some minutes when we need a spark.

KCP played well. His defense is really, really good. He gets right up into the opponent and causes all kinds of problems for ball handlers. Nice instinct for rebounding as well, especially from the guard position. He needs to key in on his range on the offensive end, but he seemed to be making smarter plays with the ball last night and not just jacking up anything.

Drummond looked good as usual. His FT form looks better, although it hasn't translated into buckets just yet. You can tell he's been working on the form and routine though. He had another nice hook in the lane (although he also missed a couple of these as well). He needs to work with Sheed on getting early defensive post position. There was a series of plays where his man just took him to the paint and hit a few easy buckets in a row because Drummond let him catch the ball too deep. Ben was a master of this back in the day - just knowing that you can't count on blocking every shot, you have to play positional defense first.

Monroe is scared of his jumper. He took the 15 footer and made it twice, but all too often he hesitated or tried to drive into waiting defenders at the basket instead. He needs to trust that shot because it's going to be there for him all year on the elbow screens. Monroe had some really nice passes in the lane as well. That's one thing about his game that I really like.

It says a lot that Charlie can't get playing time even with half the team out. He was in for a few minutes and looked like Charlie - missed his three point attempt, got manhandled in the paint (Drummond saved him with an amazing block), and got out-rebounded even when he had position in front of his man. Useless.

I like that Cheeks is playing Jerebko at the 3. He and Singler played all of the Small Forward minutes last night. Jerebko looks slimmer as well. I doubt he'll see any minutes once the season starts and he has to contend with Smith, Singler, and Luigi at that spot though.

Right, Billups definitely runs the offense the best of the guys we have seen this season, he such a calming factor on the court. Too bad there is little chance he will stay healthy or can play heavy minutes.

Drummond is improving offensively, he actually looked like he knew what he was doing on a couple of hook shots. He actually got schooled/muscled a bit by Nene though defensively.

Monroe was steady.

KCP, not sure about him, he got ruined on defense, he doesn't really have good handles, and he is shooting bricks, not just misses but terrible misses.

Right, Billups definitely runs the offense the best of the guys we have seen this season, he such a calming factor on the court. Too bad there is little chance he will stay healthy or can play heavy minutes.

Where does this come from? Billups has always been able to stay healthy. Besides tearing his achilles, which is two years removed now, he has played in over 70 games in each season dating back to 2000. The last two seasons he has been recovering from the achilles and now he looks great.

Where does this come from? Billups has always been able to stay healthy. Besides tearing his achilles, which is two years removed now, he has played in over 70 games in each season dating back to 2000. The last two seasons he has been recovering from the achilles and now he looks great.

Because he's a 37 year old PG, old age is tough on the legs.

KCP, not sure about him, he got ruined on defense...

I have to disagree with you here. KCP looked darn good and disruptive on defense. Really, he has all pre-season.

I have to disagree with you here. KCP looked darn good and disruptive on defense. Really, he has all pre-season.

I agree with this. KCP looked like one of the better defenders on the floor. His defense has been really solid.

I agree with this. KCP looked like one of the better defenders on the floor. His defense has been really solid.

I agree. KCP looks like he could contribute right now on defense even if his shot isn't falling.

I expect Billups and Jennings to get the crunch time minutes together and bet they play well together. Billups will be a liability guarding the one or two but I think he is a less of a liability guarding the two and he brings a presence to the offensive side of the ball.

I didn't pay full attention to the FSD game against the Wizards, and granted it was only one game, but it seemed like Mitchell might be a darn good steal.

Talk about discombobulated offense. Minnesota just collapsing on the ball when it goes to the post and there is no perimeter threat at all.

Talk about discombobulated offense. Minnesota just collapsing on the ball when it goes to the post and there is no perimeter threat at all.

Well not surprising. Jennings and billups are out. Peyton Siva is starting...

y'know...while no one was paying attention, Bynum became a pretty good player last year. I'm really hoping he can improve on it this year.

Wizards picked up Gortat today for Okafor's expiring and a protected #1. Good trade for the Wizards.

Wizards picked up Gortat today for Okafor's expiring and a protected #1. Good trade for the Wizards.

I liked this as well. Smart for Phoenix too, tear it all down.