Deleterious

2013 Pistons Offseason

I won't be worried about KCP's shooting until about 25 games in.

Yeah, I'm not really concerned. Again, he was really active in other areas. He got to the line 5 times, 5 rebounds, a steal and a block. He had a strong drive to the hoop where he missed the layup, but got his miss for the tip.

Is Drummond going to be an All-Star this year?

Probably a year early for that. But at the same time, it wouldn't shock me if he was.

don't forget the 7 Bynum had...Turnovers

Typical Bynum. He giveth and he taketh away.

Good to see that Drummond was beasting. It looks like he's slated to have a big year. If he can learn to score in the post, that would make Monroe redundant and make him a valuable trading chip to fill needs in other areas.

Not concerned about KCP's shooting woes. As long as he contributes in other areas, it's ok if he has some off shooting nights.

Also, what's the deal with Datome? I know that he got injured but is there any timeline on a possible return?

Being fair to Bynum. He was the only PG last night and did play 46 minutes, which is an insane amount of minutes for this time of year. Whenever play stopped his hands were on his knees and he was clearly winded. With Jennings, Billups, Stuckey, and Siva all out he had to carry the load.

Haven't heard a word about when Datome will return. He was dressed last night so maybe he is close. Although, Stuckey was also dressed so who knows.

Yeah, 46 minutes is a ridiculous amount of playing time so the 7 turnovers doesn't seem as bad. I've just seen many instances when he gets into that scoring mode where he hogs the ball and makes as many bad plays as good. A poor mans' Jennings i suppose.

I hope that Datome can get some preseason playing time in so that he's better prepared for the regular season opener. It's a good sign that he was dressed so i'm guessing that he should draw in any game now.

I haven't seen a minute of the pre-season, for anyone who has does it seem like they're running their offense through Drummond?

I only saw last nights game and a lot of the time it was minimized as I worked on something. But I didn't get the sense they were running much offense for Drummond.

4 of his 8 makes were assisted. 2 makes were tips.

https://twitter.com/Keith_Langlois/status/388711042231959552

Stuckey undergoing surgery now. Update later today. Mo Cheeks unsure if Jennings, Billups will play at BKN. Another long night for Bynum?

So Billups is already hurt?

I get not wanting to play him every preseason game. But with Stuckey out and Jennings having wisdom teeth problems, Billups should play unless hurt. Pretty unfair to Bynum asking him to play almost 48 minutes a night in preseason.

Is Drummond going to be an All-Star this year?

I projected on another board that he would end up at 10 pts/10 rebounds/2 blocks at 25 mpg., many on that board thought this might have been too generous.

I projected on another board that he would end up at 10 pts/10 rebounds/2 blocks at 25 mpg., many on that board thought this might have been too generous.

He did 7.9/7.6/1.6 on 20 MPG last year. If anything I would say you are a bit low. But I see him closer to 30 MPG this year.

He did 7.9/7.6/1.6 on 20 MPG last year. If anything I would say you are a bit low. But I see him closer to 30 MPG this year.

I hope for something like 16/12/2 myself, on about 30.

With his defense that would have to be an All-Star game then. Unless it got political. Oh, it might be KG"s last year so we will give him a spot. Crap like that.

https://twitter.com/Keith_Langlois/status/388764447159771136

Mo said, "It probably wasn't going to be him" to Q about if Bynum would have been No. 5 guard in 4-man rotation before Stuckey injury
In other words, sounds like Cheeks had already figured Bynum for his rotation before Stuckey went down. 28 points vs. Heat didn't hurt, tho

With his defense that would have to be an All-Star game then. Unless it got political. Oh, it might be KG"s last year so we will give him a spot. Crap like that.

Yah, you never know. Also I'm probably setting my hopes a bit high, but I think that's ok with Drummond.

If Drummond hits 16/12/2 I think that means the Pistons win 50 games, they are a 4-5 seed, they go to the second round, Drummond is an all star and all-nba defense, in DPOY running.

I think that's probably true. I've long said we are dependent on Drummond's development. He is the one guy on our team who is a potential superstar, a top 3-5 player if he hits his potential.

I would bet a small fortune they don't make the 2nd round, no matter how much Drummond develops. But I also think there is no way Drummond ever becomes a top 5 or even top 10 player.