thefunk

4.8.13 Michigan v. Louisville

What in the hell is Beilein doing? This is ****ing brutal. They are just running around with no idea what is going on. That was just awful. Wow.

I didn't think Michigan could win before the game, but with a 12 point lead and the 1st half winding down I thought they had a chance. After they pissed away the 12 point lead in less than 1:30 I'm not really surprised they are in this position.

What in the hell is Beilein doing? This is ****ing brutal. They are just running around with no idea what is going on. That was just awful. Wow.

Pathetic, why was Burke even in the game if you were planning on fouling? They literally could've had 2 more possessions in the time they wasted there. Absolutely terrible.

Pretty upset to see the game end like that. So much preparation and they had no clue what to do at the end.

Now it's time for the media to slobber over some kid just 'cause he broke his leg. They wanted this. Painfully obvious. Between this game and the Wichita State game.

Here's my reaction to this game:

1. The goaltend no-call.

2. Burke's second foul, where the Louisville player leaned 2 feet to his left to make contact as he "shot" a 3

3. Burke's other foul, the clean block

4. That's 6 points. Overtime.

Youth mattered. Free throws, for goodness sake, mattered. Lastly, Hancock hit 12 basically unanswered points.

We had all the momentum in the world. Hopefully they have some sort of miracle team meeting and all decide to come back and try one more time next year.

Great year. This one hurts. Good night!

1. The goaltend no-call.

2. Burke's second foul, where the Louisville player leaned 2 feet to his left to make contact as he "shot" a 3

There were so many on each side you can't just pick three on Michigan's side. I'm surprised the Georgia State Police didn't interrupt the game and make some arrests for mugging.

Louisville is a deserving champion. Some horrible calls went against Michigan tonight. That and FTs cost us big. How bout that Spike Albrecht first half? Wow. Good season Michigan. Trey please gives us one more try for the National Championship ;).

1. The goaltend no-call.

Not to mention they charged the would be 4th foul on Hancock to somebody else. If they would've charged him with it he would've sat down instead of drawing the 4th on McGary the next possession on the 3 point attempt than making another 3 shortly after. It would've been a completely different game.

That Burke block was absolutely huge, if they didn't call that we would've only been down 3 with a chance to maybe return in transition to cut it to 1 or tie it. Instead it puts Louisville up by 5, gives them a chance to set up their press(which leads to a bad Michigan possession) and Louisville went up 7. That play changed the whole game. Not to mention it gave Burke 4 fouls which made him play scared defensively down the stretch. Just a complete game changer of a call.

edit: With that said that's not why we lost. We missed free throws and failed to grab several key defensive rebounds. Louisville just played better down the stretch but that doesn't excuse the terrible officiating.

This was so much fun, I am horribly disappointed, but wow what a ride.

The Wolverines will be fun to watch in the coming years, but it's pretty clear this was their shot to get a title.

I'm going to enjoy one shining moment, but wow did I ever want this badly. I wanted to see Maize and Blue at the end of the video. I wanted the t shirt and hat. The bragging rights.

Bittersweet.

The loss hurts, but proud of the team and it was a fantastic season. Refs were not good, but Michigan had opportunities that they didn't convert. Those offensive rebounds they gave up down the stretch were killers.

LeVert is always in bad position. There it is again. Gets the rebound but steps out of bounds.

Yea Levert stepped out of bounds but there should have been afoul for over the back. Id swear the refs were paid for. I hope not but some of the calls that went against Michigan were unexplainable otherwise. The Trey block where he get called for a foul springs to mind. Giving Hancocks 4th foul to somebody else is another.Poorly officiated game at least. /rant over

Great basketball game. Maybe next year we can win one.

I also really don't understand why Michigan wasn't more aggressive the last 90 seconds of the game. I would've taken Burke and McGary out and completely hawked the ball, trying to force a turnover. If you foul them, so what, it's better than allowing them to kill time off the clock and potentially score anyway. They just played completely passive, it's hard to make up a 6 or 7 point deficit with a minute and change left if you don't force turnovers or missed 1 and 1s.

My ****ing god. This Kevin Ware stuff is so pathetic. HE BROKE A LEG.

HE DID NOT DIE.

The fact that his broken leg looked disgusting for 3 seconds on TV doesn't make him a hero. The media is too eager to run with whatever they can pass off as a dramatic/heartwarming storyline.

Overblown.

Burke is the only one remotely ready for the NBA. (Selfishly) I hope all the others realize that they have much to improve rather than declare for the draft.