thefunk

4.8.13 Michigan v. Louisville

If someone gave you the nosebleed seats for free and you were planning on going, but then you were offered 2-300 bucks for them, would you sell them?

To be honest, first problem with your scenario is I'm not sure I would accept the tickets. It is great to say you are there but I prefer to see what is going on with my own eyes not binoculars. IF I did accept I doubt I would give up the tickets to answer your question, also not sure I would end up at the game.

More likely that I spend the $500+ and go for seats I prefer.

Having said all that, I am leaning to staying at home...probably the dutch coming out.

To be honest, first problem with your scenario is I'm not sure I would accept the tickets. It is great to say you are there but I prefer to see what is going on with my own eyes not binoculars. IF I did accept I doubt I would give up the tickets to answer your question, also not sure I would end up at the game.

More likely that I spend the $500+ and go for seats I prefer.

Having said all that, I am leaning to staying at home...probably the dutch coming out.

Well, tht wasn't exactly the point of my hypothetical, but it certainly sounds like you woul rather be at home so what is the issue?

During the Syracuse game I found myself standing in the living room, hopping around and posting on my phone. I rarely sat down, even for commercial breaks. Tonight will probably be much of the same.

So. Excited. Tip off can't come soon enough.

After they got through the first weekend I was okay with whatever outcome until the second half of the Syracuse game. Had they lost that it would have been painful. I will feel the same way tonight, if they get close enough to win and don't it will be painfully disappointing.

I'm with this, for the most part. Here's the one small difference-- if they come out tonight and just get outgunned from the start, I think I'll be ok. But if they fight, keep it close, maybe even build up a nice'ish lead, and then lose it late, I'll be really bumming.

Sure wish my daughter could stay up and watch the game, but alas, she's got school tomorrow...

Sure wish my daughter could stay up and watch the game, but alas, she's got school tomorrow...

I doubt I'll be able to stay up. 9:30pm?

Personally, I like watching sports at home or someone elses home with a huge TV and surround sound. I am sucker for replays and cheap snacks at my leisure.

Cheaper food, better view, comfortable seats, avoiding a bunch of drunk idiots, bathroom 10 feet away, and you don't have to feel guilty about leaving if your team is down by 30 points with 10 minutes left. There are a lot of good reasons not to go to live sporting events. Except for a few baseball games per summer, I'd always rather stay home.

BTN has a special on with several UM alums, live from Atlanta, starting NOW!

Resine, Steve Smith and Jim Jackson

Wow. JB asked in an interview what it would mean to cut down the nets and he almost.....almost broke down.

Ughhhhhhhhh now I want to win even more.

Win or lose, I hope you gents enjoy the game. This opportunity certainly doesn't come around very often.

The Kevin Ware storyline is so tired. His injury was really gross, but he only broke his leg. He's going to be fine. The media is treating this like he got paralyzed.

Disappointed that they start this so late. Basketball is the first sport that my kids have liked to watch. They loved the game Saturday night but no way I can let them stay up that late on a school night.

Wow. Chris. Webber.

Publicity whore. I assume that since the U doesn't control tournament ticketing they are not in violation of the NCAA ban. Then again, the NCAA is just inane enough.....

EDIT: somewhere in an alternate universe if would be funny if UM won the game then had to forfeit due to 'contact' with Webber - how many players 'lose' 3 championship games.?

Edited by Gehringer_2