belcherboy

The Final Four (2013)

I have LOVED watching Michigan play this year (even in February and early March when they didn't look so good).

Here is my take away from what I've seen so far from the teams in the final four:

1) Louisville looks ridiculous. They just play NASTY defense, and now have a fallen teammate to use as even further inspiration. I truly believe that defense wins championships, and Louisville has an amazingly good defense.

2) Wichita State just seems to have enough to keep winning. They've had a great run, although I felt like the South region was the weakest region the NCAA tourney has seen in a long time. Louisville should torch these guys, but really, hasn't that been said about every game they've played this tourney?

3) Syracuse has beaten Louisville this season. They haven't been a great team this year, but they are definitely good enough to win it all.

4) Michigan has just proven that their #1 ranking was not a mistake this year. IMO, they are most definitely a top 5 team this year. I know Michigan fans hate to hear it, but losing to Indiana late in the season, and losing to Wisconsin, might have been EXACTLY what they needed to get their heads screwed on right.

At this point, I've got Michigan vs. Louisville in the final.....and I hate to say it....I think Louisville will beat Michigan. I picked Michigan to win it all in my bracket this year, but I don't feel very confident in the pick right now. Regardless, I am REALLY excited about Michigan being in Atlanta this weekend! I'll try to go the game if they make it to the championship.

Don't underestimate Syracuse and that stupid ****ing zone.

It sucks watching basketball when teams employ a zone, its busch league.

Michigan will be the late game.

I'm not, I am particularly worried about their length on Burke. On the other hand, Beilein is a great offensive coach and he has the athletes he's never had so I am hoping they don't look as hapless as Indiana did. One of the things that has really impressed me in their tournament play has been the ball movement. At their worse it seems Burke dominates the ball while everyone else watches. That hasn't been the case so far. Either they haven't faced the same kind of defenses they did in conference play or they have improved.

That's kind of my thought. Syracuse has the length to really make it tough up top to get guys open for shots. Going to need to play good defense to create transition opportunities.

While Lousiville plays good defense, they also like to run, which i think is right up U of M's alley.

I didn't watch a second of the first half, but surprisingly Wichita St. is leading Louisville by one at halftime. I'm sure Louisville will finish strong and probably win, but just maybe Louisville isn't that juggernaut of a team that everyone has built them up to be...