Sign in to follow this  
Mr.TaterSalad

Jerome Iginla a Penguin

Trade info here.

Jerome Iginla, a guy that some people thought the Wings should target (not me), has been traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Going Calgary's way are two prospects, Kenneth Agostino and Ben Hanowski and a first round pick. For one of the games most prolific scorers they only had to give up two prospects and a first, that's a steal IMO. I know that he was a UFA, I know he had a really tight trade list and and they risked getting nothing by hanging onto him, but looking at this deal on paper, I'd say Jay Feaster of Calgary got hosed and badly! Things seem to be stampeding out of control quickly for Feaster in Calgary. He could be and probably should be gone at season's end.

This deal is on-top of Pittsburgh getting Brendan Morrow just a few days ago. How much cap-space can this team have, apparently enough to afford both Iginla and Morrow. They better win the Cup after all of this.

BTW, if that's all it takes to get Jerome freaking Iginla than I want Jay Bowmeester on the Wings for a third round pick and dumpy prospect.

Weird night with TSN reporting he was going to Boston.

On the subject of Bouwmeester... no thanks. His cap hit is a big NOPE.

From what I understand, the Boston deal was done but Iginla nixed it for the opportunity to play with Sid and Co.

Can't say I blame him.

From what I understand, the Boston deal was done but Iginla nixed it for the opportunity to play with Sid and Co.

Can't say I blame him.

I can't blame Iginla either but Feaster screwed up. Either Iginla has a list or he has 1 team - you get that firmed up in advance, you don't go back to him for final approval.

I can't blame Iginla either but Feaster screwed up. Either Iginla has a list or he has 1 team - you get that firmed up in advance, you don't go back to him for final approval.

Well you have to when there is a NTC :silly: