thefunk

3.29.13 Michigan v. Kansas

Unf'nbelievable

Nice to see UM finally win a game like this. Always seems like they are on the other end of these.

College basketball and college football is a great fan game because these guys play their guts out for the win. Great game!

I don't want this to sound like this story is over, but tonight just got me in the mood to reflect.

This is the first time I have ever been able to truly follow a Michigan Basketball team this closely. Too young for the Fab 5, payed attention to some of the better teams the past few years, but once I found out how stellar this freshman class was paired with the return of Hardaway and Burke - I was locked in from the start. Watched them beat up on the non conference teams on crappy online streams, made my first visit to Crisler to see them beat MSU, became completely frustrated with them through that Big Ten gauntlet, and now we are here, a win away from the Final Four.

What a ride... *so far !

burke3multi_zps9d7f8c2f.jpg

Truly incredible win. Burke was fantastic after the 1st. Mcgary has really changed this team. Huge for the program, I'm speechless right now.

25pts 14 boards and 3 steals for McGary?

He is a monster.

Imagine him when he improves his conditioning.

I thought it was tied for sure when Johnson got close to the net.

I still can't believe he passed it back out. No idea what his thought process was.

Karmically this makes up for the first Wisconsin game. That game imo had long lasting effects on his teams confidence and swagger.