thefunk

3.29.13 Michigan v. Kansas

We got the TBS slot with a weird start time.

All signs point to this one being epic, but count me down as completely unsure what'll happen. A blow out either way, or a triple OT thriller wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I've seen both teams play this year as if they were #1 for 10 weeks straight, and then turn right around and play like the worst team in the country. For pete's sake, Bill Self called this Kansas team the 'worst in the history of KU basketball' just a few months ago. SO...who knows. It would be a very, very nice win.

I'm scared as all get out for this game. I have nightmares of Withey blocking every Burke drive and dominating McGary on the boards on both ends. I have nightmares of McLemore tearing Hardaway apart and Robinson giving up against Releford after a couple unsuccessful defensive or offensive stands. Nightmares of Withey's final stat line being something to the tune of 15 points, 20 rebounds, 10 blocks.

Obviously I hope none of this happens, but the eternal pessimist in me still lingers.

Kansas is a poor mans Indiana. With Michigan rolling, I don't see Kansas being able to stay in front of the more athletic Wolverines.

Michigan by 8.

Bill Self said it best in this video...

!

"We're still a 1 seed and need to play like it....two weeks ago they were on the 1 line, so there's not a nickel's worth of difference between our teams and whoever plays best on Friday will win."

Still, I'd like to think that the pressure is all on KU. Rabid fan base that expects a championship every year, vs. Michigan who should be loose and free. This is basically all bonus for us.

I don't think the rabidness of the respective fan bases means much.

Both teams a very good an evenly matched. They both have the same opportunity in front of them. The pressure is equal.

If anything, the pressure is greater for Michigan because we don't have much of a history making it this far lately and it could be some time before we have another team this good.

McGary's emergence as a starter is huge. If he can be productive against Kansas, Michigan has a chance.

I don't think the rabidness of the respective fan bases means much.

Both teams a very good an evenly matched. They both have the same opportunity in front of them. The pressure is equal.

If anything, the pressure is greater for Michigan because we don't have much of a history making it this far lately and it could be some time before we have another team this good.

No way. Kansas expects to make the final four every year. This is gravy for Michigan.

I disagree. UM has some very good players coming over the next couple seasons. They will reload the talent they will lose.

The point is that ******** like that doesn't matter. Both teams really want to win and both teams are going to fell pressure.

I think the team and players that have never been this far before are going to feel more pressure than the team that is used to this.

I don't think how how Joe Kansas feels while he plows the fields is going to have any effect on the result of the game.

Whatever.

Michigan doesn't have a lot of experience or program (upperclassmen) guys to fall back on. They start 3 freshmen and 2 of the 3 that have been coming off the bench are freshmen. I don't think it is pressure to win, the program is on rise and this team has taken them one more step. It's just pressure to perform in a new situation...huge venue and national audience.

I keep trying to talk myself into Michigan winning this but I just cant do it. KU by 4.

May you not be so smart tonight :)

Go Blue. Time for Trey to put together a POY type game and Robinson to continue adding reasons why he's in the draft conversation.

Hate that TBS et al. broadcast games these days. Really screws up up here in Canada. WE're at the whim of some TSN producer if the game isn't on CBS...