Sign in to follow this  
TigersFan81371

New Fidrych biography coming out

I just found out about this earlier today. I'm looking forward to adding it to my Tigers library. It'll be out this Tuesday.

Book excerpt from the Freep.

Book excerpt: Tiger Stadium madness turned Mark 'The Bird' Fidrych into national sensation | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Q&A with the author, Doug Wilson.

Q&A with Doug Wilson, author of 'The Bird: The Life and Legacy of Mark Fidrych' | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Fidrych.jpg

I got to meet The Bird one time. He was gracious and humble. When I thanked him for coming out and signing autographs he said "thank you for caring". He will always be my all-time favorite Tiger.

Fidrych.jpg

I got to meet The Bird one time. He was gracious and humble. When I thanked him for coming out and signing autographs he said "thank you for caring". He will always be my all-time favorite Tiger.

Bird was an absolute gem. I saw him at his last autograph appearance. I remember being stunned when I found out he had died less than two months later. Just a very sad end for a great guy- someone today's athletes could learn alot from.

Still miss The Bird. Every now and then I'll think of him and recall the way he died and it makes me sad. The one time he needed just one person near, there was no there. Damnit all. :cry: