Kacie

FSD fires Larry Murphy

Well Mickey Redmond is awful. Id rather listen to Murphy than him. So I am not a fan of this move.

1bodysnatchers2.jpg

I love the Mick. He still cracks me up after all these years. He is repetitive, but I'll miss him when he's gone.

"Lookout" is all he says. It is annoying as hell lol.

Sorry guys, but Larry Murphy was the worst broadcaster in town. The whole third commentator thing was forced and not very informative for the viewer. Nice guy or not, it was going to happen eventually.

Sorry guys, but Larry Murphy was the worst broadcaster in town. The whole third commentator thing was forced and not very informative for the viewer. Nice guy or not, it was going to happen eventually.

Do you think Mickey does a good job?

no one does a good job if you grew up listening to Bruce Martyn do the games on the radio. Hes the gold standard in my mind

There are rumors about him drinking and that is b.s. This was a budget move. It's broadcasting, it happens.

Mickey Redmond is not a "broadcaster", he is an ex-player. Big difference.

What does that have to do with anything? No Mickey is not a good broadcaster. But he does bring excitement and knowledge. Murphy brought neither.

Yes, I do. He's the color analyst, not a play by play guy. He doesn't take himself too seriously, he's articulate, he has a ton of knowledge and I enjoy his stories.

Paul Woods, on the other hand. How can a guy who stutters and say um every other word be in broadcasting?

Regardless of the reason, it's still a d*** move to do this in the middle of the season.