lordstanley

Playoff Watch Thread: Extend The 21-Year Streak

An outrageous play in St Louis. With the Coyotes on a 6 on 4 with under a minute to go, the refs opt not to penalize the Coyotes for a flagrant boarding on Pietrangelo. With Pietrangelo crumpled on the ice (so effectively a 6 on 3), the Coyotes tie it. I still think they are done unless they win in OT, but it would have been nice to have one less team to worry about.

40.3% now....yikes. If they do not make it they do not deserve to make it....I know that sounds simplistic as hell, but Columbus went out and beat a VERY good team while we lost to bad one.

Yep, and Dallas is pounding a good Vancouver team 4-1 tonight. The Wings are 3-6-1 in last 10 with only wins being vs Colorado and Nashville. That is a collapse.

[baseless, idiotic speculation] I wonder if the team was deflated after making no moves at the deadline? [/baseless, idiotic speculation]

[baseless, idiotic speculation] I wonder if the team was deflated after making no moves at the deadline? [/baseless, idiotic speculation]

Possible. Had same kind of plunge after last year's uneventful trade deadline.

Columbus trailing 2-1 with 11 minutes left in LA. That means the Jackets are due to score any time now ...

Whew, that Quincey-like failed clearing by the Kings with 10 seconds to go almost gave me a heart attack ... But the Jackets lose in regulation. The Wings are 2 back of CBJ but with 2 games in hand plus the tiebreaker so I consider the Wings ahead of the Jackets (barely). The Wings need to get 8 points out of 10 to mathematically eliminate the Jackets no matter CBJ does in its last 3 games.

Or maybe they were happy their teammates/friends were still with the team and that management felt that they were good enough to keep the team together instead of blowing it up?

I think they probably just lost a game...

Dallas loses in regulation. Wings can probably get in by winning 3 of their final 5, as long as one of those wins is in regulation over Dallas.

Really need to win tonight against Vancouver. Dallas losing helps a bunch but the Wings need to take care of their own business. Really need Pavel to be the star these last 5 games and weave some magic. Hopefully Luongo plays, should guarantee a win for the Wings.

Coyotes scrape their way back into the mix with a shootout win over Chicago. 1 pt behind Detroit, the Wings are playing their game in hand right now in Vancouver

They Coyotes game tomorrow is quite literally the season for them. The Wings last night was filled with the desperation they needed to play with, but the results werent there. The Coyotes need to win out and need help. If the Wings get one or none tomorrow, the game in Dallas will essentially be a one game playoff assuming a loss to LA.

NHL What If?

Faint hope of catching Minny still alive after Wild unexpectedly lose in regulation to Calgary. A Wings win over Phoenix tomorrow would pull them to within a point of !innesota with each team then having 3 games left. Wild have the tiebreaker advantage though.

More importantly,, Jackets lead SJ 1-0 after 1. A CBJ win tonight would be a killer.

Dallas about to start their game in LA.

3-1 Columbus now late in 2nd. They're stepping up and grabbing control. They're surviving this 5- game road trip that was supposed to have killed them off.

But of course Dallas ties it. We might need a 4-game winning streak and I'm not sure the Wings have that in them.

This would be a bit easier to take if the Hawks, Leafs and Canucks were struggling. Instead their fans feel pretty good about themselves and my email inbox has been exploding.

Stars lose in OT but this was not a good night for the Wings. Going in, I thought that 3 home wins would enable the Wings to clinch on Thursday and make Saturday meaningless. Now we need Dallas to drop a point to San Jose on Tuesday and then for CBJ to drop a point to Dallas on Thursday. Otherwise it's at best coming down to the final night of the season.

Edited by lordstanley

Stars lose in OT but this was not a good night for the Wings.

When was the last time it was actually a good night for the Wings lol.