drownwithyou

2013-2014 Red Wings Roster Moves, Injuries, Whatever Thread

Turns out it's $5.5 million for Alfredsson.

WXYT is now reporting that Brunner will likely sign elsewhere.

Actual $3.5 million hit, with $2 million in obtainable bonuses. If he hits the bonuses, the $2 million is rolled on the next year's cap, which will go up a lot probably. Pretty smart tactic by Holland.

I think the whole "win a cup for ______" is a good narrative for a lot of teams, don't mind this signing.

Like the info about Cleary moving on, kind of bummed about Brunner but I'll wait and see on both guys.

St. James says Wings are negotiating with Weiss right now, wouldn't mind Grabovski either.

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames 13 mins

#RedWings are working on deal with C Stephen Weiss.

I haven't found an update on the Alex Edler possibility, has anyone else?

Not since the first report that Detroit made an offer.

Those Horton and Clowe contracts are crazy, Clowe especially.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 31s

Nathan Horton will undergo shoulder surgery this summer. Expected to be sidelined until December.

gregg krupa ‏@greggkrupa 1m

nhl network says andy weiss deal to be done within hour. no mention of timing on filppula, brunner and cleary -- they likely gone.

Daniel Clearly signed with Vancouver. Nah-nah-nah-nah! Nah-nah-nah-nah! Hey! Hey! Hey! Goooooodbye!

Where did you see this?

No idea who this is, RTed into my timeline so not sure if legit:

Rich Smith ‏@ALLsportsINTEL 8m

NHL - Red Wings and Stephen Weiss have come to terms on a long term deal, terms not yet disclosed.

I'm happy about it. Not a crazy overpay, and he's been a 20 goal scorer for the most part in his career. I'm guessing today means the end of Cleary and Filppula in Detroit. I would like to bring back Brunner, but it doesn't look like there is room for him right now. The Wings don't have a ton of money left for their RFA as it is, so they'd probably need to make some trades to re-sign him.

5 years is more than I'd like, but was probably necessary to get it done. I like this more than the Alfredsson signing.

How I see the team at the moment:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar (I like it a lot)

Miller - Andersson - Bertuzzi

Eaves

Emmerton?

Samuelsson - IR

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Quincey

Kindl - DeKeyser

Lashoff

I like the team, but I don't see how TSN people are saying they are favorites in the East. I think they'll be a top team, but favorite is a stretch.

I like the Weiss move, though interestingly ESPN has him ranked just behind Flilipula in their FA rankings. Might or might not be an upgrade.

I like that they are at least trying to make some moves though. VF's enigmatic nature was probably wearing on them anyways. I'd like it a whole lot more if they signed Brunner though.