drownwithyou

2013-2014 Red Wings Roster Moves, Injuries, Whatever Thread

Dallas signed Sergei Gonchar to a 2-year deal at $5mm per. Gave up a 6th rounder to Ottawa last week for his rights. I think this would've been a great move for the Wings to make. A couple of years of Gonchar while Kindl, Smith, DeKeyser and possibly Lashoff continue to develop.

Lightning have bought out Lecavalier. He would be perfect for the Wings but I expect him to attract a ton of interest.

Lightning have bought out Lecavalier. He would be perfect for the Wings but I expect him to attract a ton of interest.

Agreed. But I would be fine if the Wings did absolutely whatever it took to land him. Restructure contracts, unload someone if possible...he would help the Wings immensely. Gives Detroit the dynamic goal-scorer they need and is "only" 33. I realize it's not 2005-08 anymore, but I feel like he would still be one of the best players on the team if he was getting feeds from Datsyuk. He has played with a talented first line for years in Tampa, but nobody like Datsyuk, who I think would do wonders for him.

I'd hold off on Lecavalier and reach-out to Nathan Horton instead. Horton gives us a greater physical presence than does Vinny and has been on-par over the past three seasons with Vinny's production.

Dustin Nielson ‏@nielson1260 5m

So Lecavalier met with Montreal, Toronto, Philly, Anaheim, Detroit, Dallas and St. Louis...so

far.

Kaberle a FA now too

Pierre Lebrun has tweeted that the Wings have made an offer to Vancouver for Edler but there's nothing close yet. Edler would be amazing but I can't see it happening.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

Alex Edler is still a Canuck _ Vancouver confirms _ as midnight ET comes and goes and his NTC kicks in. Now a trade would need his blessing

Wings not on Lecavalier's short list. He better sign a ridiculous contract elsewhere or I am going to be sad about this.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

Alex Edler is still a Canuck _ Vancouver confirms _ as midnight ET comes and goes and his NTC kicks in. Now a trade would need his blessing

I haven't a clue what they want in return. I'd like to do a deal that keeps both Ryan Sproull and Xaiver Olluett in our farm system. Brendan Smith is someone I'd be willing to move though.

Deal #1

Detroit: Alex Edler

Vancouver: Brendan Smith, Tomas Tatar, 2014 2nd and 3rd Round Picks

Deal #2

Vancouver: Brendan Smith, Tomas Tatar and 2014 1st Round Pick

Last Resort Deal

Vancouver Gets: Brendan Smith, Tomas Tatar, Ryan Sproull or Xaiver Olluett, 2014 2nd Round Pick

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1m

#RedWings will buy out D Carlo Colaiacovo. F Todd Bertuzzi will not be bought out.

Please at least get rid of Sammuelsson.

From the rumors it seemed like the Wings were not allowed into the bidding for him after meeting with all the teams. I guess he wanted to be on the east coast? I still think the Flyers will be kind of hurting with the cap still, especially with Giroux needing a new deal after the season. They have no defense and no goalie really. And Lecavalier has a full NTC.

I don't mind not committing 5 years and a full NTC to Vinny, even if the cap hit was lower than expected.

Edited by drownwithyou

Now I'm really bummed. That price is not too high, geesh.

It sounds like they were not willing to go the 5 years that he wanted though. I'm mixed, 5 years is a little longer than I'd want to go but the 4.5mil price tag wasn't problematic at all.

Now I'm really bummed. That price is not too high, geesh.
It sounds like they were not willing to go the 5 years that he wanted though. I'm mixed, 5 years is a little longer than I'd want to go but the 4.5mil price tag wasn't problematic at all.

5 years isn't ideal and I don't like the no-movement clause, but when you think that Helene St James writes the Wings are close to signing Cleary for 3 years at $3mm per ...gulp... -and still have Bertuzzi and Samuellson on the roster. I don't see how the Wings expect to get better. What if some of the youngsters played over their heads this year?

4 signings last summer: Brunner Cola Tootoo Samuelsson. Brunner good if re-signed. Samuelsson a waste. Cola and Tootoo were mostly wastes.

5 years isn't ideal and I don't like the no-movement clause, but when you think that Helene St James writes the Wings are close to signing Cleary for 3 years at $3mm per ...gulp... -and still have Bertuzzi and Samuellson on the roster. I don't see how the Wings expect to get better. What if some of the youngsters played over their heads this year?

I don't know, man. Vinnie for 5 years is stupid for Philly. He's had injury issues the last three years. Glad they signed him, not going to make them much better.

Dan Cleary for 3 years? That's just stupid. I like how he played in the playoffs, but he did not have a good season. Keeping Bertuzzi & Samuelssen? What the hell are they doing? I am expecting a big move like Stephen Weiss AND Bobby Ryan.