drownwithyou

2013-2014 Red Wings Roster Moves, Injuries, Whatever Thread

Winging It In Motown ‏@wingingitmotown 36m

Bert will be back Thursday against the Preds instead of tonight. Samuelsson is cleared to play but ahahahahahahaha come on; he's not playing

Worth having Bertuzzi on the bench for a possible shootout.

Agreed^ need the two points any way.

Word on twitter is that Babcock thought Bertuzzi would be able to play tonight and is pissed that Bert won't be playing.

Bob Duff ‏@asktheduffer 1m

#redwings assign LW Marek Tvrdon to #AHL Grand Rapids.

Griffins should have an interesting playoff run, seems like they have a lot of talent. If the Wings get eliminated a bunch of players could play in the AHL as well.

Bob Duff ‏@asktheduffer 1m

#redwings assign LW Marek Tvrdon to #AHL Grand Rapids.

Griffins should have an interesting playoff run, seems like they have a lot of talent. If the Wings get eliminated a bunch of players could play in the AHL as well.

6-2 .217 , but can he stay healthy ?

Some stuff to wrap up:

Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 36m

Alexei Marchenko (D) has signed a 3-year entry-level contract w/ Wings. Marchenko was Detroit’s 7th-round 2011 NHL Entry Draft selection

Nyquist is going to the AHL to help the Griffins try to get back in their playoff series.

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 14m

#RedWings send Joakim Andersson, Gustav Nyquist & Jordan Pearce to Grand Rapids to help Griffins rally from 2-1 deficit to Oklahoma in WCF

Post Game Thoughts: The Quest For Closure - Winging It In Motown

Cleary was playing with a second left shoulder separation and a fractured left finger (from the Winnik hit in game 5 against Anaheim).

Kronwall has an "injured" shoulder from the Bickell hit in game 5, and also has an injured hand from the Anaheim series.

Brunner was, according to Babcock, playing the series "real hurt here at the end" and I read somewhere that he could barely shoot the puck.

Jimmy Howard was playing with a pulled hamstring that he received in the Anaheim series.

Valtteri Filppula has a high ankle sprain, is in a protective boot and was on crutches. He'll be in a cast for 2-3 weeks and hopes to be healed in 6-8 weeks.

Mikael Samuelsson will probably need surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle.

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 14m

#RedWings send Joakim Andersson, Gustav Nyquist & Jordan Pearce to Grand Rapids to help Griffins rally from 2-1 deficit to Oklahoma in WCF

And I read DeKeyser is just about ready to play for them. Had been targeting Game 3 vs the Kings if the Wings had advanced.

A full season with DeKeyser next year is going to make a WORLD of difference. I'm confident of it. I think he will be on the top d-pair with Kronwall before the midway point next season.

The emergence of Nyquist and DeKeyser are what give me the greatest hope for next season.

I know Holland said that he isn't going to amnesty Franzen this summer, which I'm actually cool with. Teams get two amnesties over two seasons, and they are allowed to do both in any season if they choose. They can see if he has anything left during 2013-14, and if not, buy him out after that.

The emergence of Nyquist and DeKeyser are what give me the greatest hope for next season.

I know Holland said that he isn't going to amnesty Franzen this summer, which I'm actually cool with. Teams get two amnesties over two seasons, and they are allowed to do both in any season if they choose. They can see if he has anything left during 2013-14, and if not, buy him out after that.

As long as Franzen's contract doesn't interfere with us getting Nathan Horton and Kevin Bieksa I'm cool with that.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130530/SPORTS05/305300112/detroit-red-wings

[W]e learned that the Wings have a ton of young talent. And now that young talent has something that is even better – playoff experience.

"I think the most important thing is they are pros, not potential,” Holland said.

Next year will be fascinating. The Wings will get a full season of Danny DeKeyser. And they should get several injured players back.

“Next year, we hope to have Darren Helm back,” Holland said. “We hope to have a healthy Todd Bertuzzi. We hope to have a healthy Mikael Samuelsson. You can look forward to September 2013, and think we are going to have a real good competition” at training camp.

This is a new look for the Wings. This team is not as dominant as in the past, but it is homegrown, and it’s the culmination of a plan that started back in 2005.

“In ’05, we made a decision to be way more conservative,” Holland said.

To hoard draft picks.

“Now, we traded a second-round pick in ’08 for Brad Stuart, and I’d do that all day long,” Holland said. “But for the most part, we have tried to spend most or all of our money in the summer with the thought that we didn’t want to get to the trade deadline and trade a high draft pick and a prospect. Now you are starting to see the fruits of that philosophy.”

B-A-R-F! That makes it sound like Samuelsson is coming back and that Holland expects him to be a key contributor next season. I expect nothing out of Samuelsson so an assist would be above my expectations.

I even think Cleary on the 4th line would contribute more than Samuelsson and Bertuzzi. I'd like to see all 3 of them gone actually but that's not going to happen.

I think Horton and Michael Ryder could be in the Wings' sights, but Bieksa ain't going anywhere. The Canucks would want something like Ericsson + Smith + Nyquist for him.

If Samuelsson takes a roster spot up from Tatar I am going to go bananas. I've never drank the Ken Holland Haterade that's being served daily over at HFBoards, but if he allows a bum like Samuelsson to take a spot from Tatar, I'll ask them to pass the pitcher.

A little dis appointed we didn't sign Alan Quine.......thought he would be a nice addition , but I really shouldn't complain about the Wings decisions !

The Griffins won 4-0 last night, Andersson scored with an assist from Nyquist. Mrazek had a 40 save shutout. Sheahan, Ferraro, and Mursak scored the other goals as the Griffins evened the series at 2-2.

I'm not going to get worked up over anything Holland says to the media at this point. I mean, really, what's he supposed to say? Boy did I really **** up with that Samuelsson signing! We're for sure going to buy him out. Not to mention what a waste of space that Todd Bertuzzi is. Both of those guys are under contract. Right now, no one knows if Filppula will be back or what Helm's health situation will be. While I liked what I saw from Cleary in the playoffs, he just feels like dead weight during the regular season. If he is resigned, hopefully it's as a depth player or strictly on the 4th line. Drew Miller is an UFA also. So if we lose those 4 guys, it makes sense to hang on to Bert and Sammy. I don't think Tatar can be optioned to GR, next year, so it's either play him or trade him. Also have to wait and see who else might be bought out and what other UFA's are going for in this new cap era. It'll be an interesting offseason to be sure. I can't wait until September.

I think Horton and Michael Ryder could be in the Wings' sights, but Bieksa ain't going anywhere. The Canucks would want something like Ericsson + Smith + Nyquist for him.

I was under the impression the Canucks needed desperately to shed salaries and would move one of him or Edler, no?

I was under the impression the Canucks needed desperately to shed salaries and would move one of him or Edler, no?

The Canucks will be fine with the cap after they trade Luongo and buy out Keith Ballard.

Mrazek posted his second straight shutout for the Griffins to go up 3-2 in the series, one win away from the Calder Cup finals. Jurco opened the scoring, unassisted. Callahan scored unassisted from Andersson and Evans. Tatar capped the scoring with a power play goal, assists to Andersson and Billins. Mrazek has stopped the last 100 shots he's faced.

Franzen Getting Bought Out Crazy!

"Yeah, it's crazy (speculation) for me. I don't know where you find 30-goal scorers. There is no hockey store.

"He played 41 games, he had 14 goals. If you times it by two, that's 28 goals. How many players in the league score more than 25 goals?''

No surprise, I'm sort of neutral on this. Would I use a buyout option of Franzen, quite possibly but am I angry that Kenny Holland has shot the idea completely down, not at all.

Franzen Getting Bought Out Crazy!

No surprise, I'm sort of neutral on this. Would I use a buyout option of Franzen, quite possibly but am I angry that Kenny Holland has shot the idea completely down, not at all.

He shot down the idea for this year. They could buy Franzen out next year, too, so long as they don't buy out two players this year. From my post above:

I am really for the wings picking up a puck moving d-man who can help on the stagnant power play, and a back up net minder. A goon who can screen opponents would be nice too. Too too is a waste of space would like to see him gone.

Edited by MAROTH4MVP