thefunk

3/6/13 (7) Michigan @ Purdue (7 ET)

4ec1fbb71a0d2.image.jpg

from MACKEY ARENA

in

WEST LAFAYETTE, INDIANA

it's the

BlockM-border.png

#7 MICHIGAN WOLVERINES (25-5, 11-5 Big Ten)

vs.

Purdue_University_BoilerMakers.png

the PURDUE BOILERMAKERS (14-15, 7-9 Big Ten)

7:00 P.M. BTN (ET)

logo_big_ten_network_small.gif

8529168259_4fd5f54635_o.jpg

Michigan's title hopes live and die tonight in Indiana with OSU in town. If Indiana can throw up a stinker UM still has a shot at a shared title. I'll be watching.

Michigan just needs to find a way to win on the road. They have been outclassed their last 4 road games, just get a damn W.

If we would have hit 50% of our threes against State, it would have been a lopsided victory. I'm still confident that Michigan has the talent to do damage in the upcoming two tournaments, but we have yet to see it put together against a quality team on the road.

....scary.

Not excusing the psu loss, that was a horrid result but it happens. That being said, it is hard to win on the road. It just is. Still, Michigan has road wins over Minnesota and Illinois, both of which are tournament teams. Michigan also has neutral court wins over tournament teams k state and Pitt.

I've heard from multiple msu fans that Michigan is a fraud and needs to beat someone good on the road. The Illinois win isn't that great, but Indiana couldn't do that. Msu beat wisc, sure, but lost to Michigan, osu, and minny.

It seems to me like Michigan has shown they can beat tourney caliber teams away from home. Losing to teams that are going to be top 4 seeds on their home court isn't exactly bad.

I feel like people forget that the NCAA games are not "road" games, and also that Minnesota is a pretty good team, especially on their home court.

Aaron Crap-ft has made some of the most ridiculous shots tonight to keep Ohio in it or to stay ahead.

I must say, Aaron Craft is pretty fun to watch when he isn't carving up your own team. The guy is a fantastic college player.

Hopefully UM shows up and takes care of business tomorrow night. It will set up a fun game for Sunday.

Not excusing the psu loss, that was a horrid result but it happens. That being said, it is hard to win on the road. It just is. Still, Michigan has road wins over Minnesota and Illinois, both of which are tournament teams. Michigan also has neutral court wins over tournament teams k state and Pitt.

I've heard from multiple msu fans that Michigan is a fraud and needs to beat someone good on the road. The Illinois win isn't that great, but Indiana couldn't do that. Msu beat wisc, sure, but lost to Michigan, osu, and minny.

It seems to me like Michigan has shown they can beat tourney caliber teams away from home. Losing to teams that are going to be top 4 seeds on their home court isn't exactly bad.

I feel like people forget that the NCAA games are not "road" games, and also that Minnesota is a pretty good team, especially on their home court.

Also, Michigan did beat Wisconsin on the road if not for a ludicrous half court shot and a bunch of Big 10 home team officiating down the stretch.

I think the team has some serious flaws (defense obviously) but I don't really care about the road win thing at all

Also, Michigan did beat Wisconsin on the road if not for a ludicrous half court shot and a bunch of Big 10 home team officiating down the stretch.

I think the team has some serious flaws (defense obviously) but I don't really care about the road win thing at all

I care when you lose to Penn State. Up 15 with 10 minutes to go to a team who hadn't won a conference game; it took a lot of the joy out of this season for me. Just an embarrassing blemish.

Hardaway steals the ball and then misses a breakaway layup and then air balls a 3 on the next possession. It's OK though, Purdue seems hell bent on giving us the ball.

9-3 Michigan lead.

0-3 from downtown already, we ever going to make one? Not even close either. 0 for the last 15 or whatever. Ridiculous, make a damn 3.

Jesus. Get up 10 and then Purdue hits back to back WIDE OPEN threes. This is Michigans m.o.; getting a lead and then immediately letting the other team go on a run. Where is the killer instinct?

And just like that Purdue goes on a 9-0 run to take the lead. This Michigan team is brutal to watch at times. They go on a run then forget how to play offense. Every ****ing game.

It's just amazing that it happens every game and Beilein hasn't made one adjustment.

14-1 run to end the half for Purdue. Michigan continues to quit for stretches. They are going to lose the opener of the BTT and then lose on the first weekend. They haven't showed any fight since their first loss of the season.

Michigan was up 21-7. Since then it has been 38-15 for Purdue.

Down 45-36. Just terrible effort.