thefunk

2/27/13 #4 Michigan @ Penn State

Bryce-Jordan-Center-2.jpg

from the BRYCE JORDAN CENTER

in

UNIVERSITY PARK, PENNSYLVANIA

it's the

Michigan-Wolverines-logo-courtesy-of-Michigan-via-wikipedia-commons.png

#4 MICHIGAN WOLVERINES (23-4, 10-4 Big Ten)

vs.

psulogojpg-3ab09093a75a8d97.jpg

the PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS (8-18, 0-14 Big Ten)

6:30 P.M. (ET)

logo_big_ten_network_small.gif

8492653182_5cdeb70185_o.gif

8491551409_249c236d3c_o.gif

8492653500_9d695dc146_o.gif

I'll be able to actually watch this one. Should be posting more.

Understandably the last few threads should be pretty packed.

Go Blue!

Indiana just lost at Minnesota. This is huge for Michigan's chance for winning the conference. If Michigan wins out, there are guaranteed at least a share of the conference title. Of course, there are still some big games against Michigan State and also Indiana to close out the year. That's a tough road, but at least Michigan would control its own destiny.

Man, if the idea of winning out for a conference title doesn't pump this team up, I don't know what will

I'd like to get my hopes up for another conference championship, but it is still unlikely that we win both the msu and iu games. Still, it's nice to control the destiny, so to speak.

Michigan gets up 6-0 and then PSU scores 7 straight points, the last two on a put back. They 4 offensive rebounds on that possession. Michigan is a really good team, there biggest weakness is rebounding.

Offense has gotten what they wanted. Have to rebound though on defense.

So PSU with 29 ORebounds in the first 5 mins? 8-8, at least they aren't getting blown out to being the game.

Morgan is a hell of a lot better out there than Horford. He's a much bigger factor on this team than I thought a few months ago.

I wonder how close PSU was to winning some of these games. 0-fer in the conference looks pretty awful, but I don't think it's that bad.

Horford is so bad around the rim. He works so hard, but he has the offensive acumen of Ben Wallace, only he can't throw it down. Stauskas has lost his swagger, I hope he finds it before the tourney.

Michigan is playing some pretty horrid defense right now. Offense looks good though.

PSU applying pressure and somehow Burke isn't the one taking it up the floor, result? Two straight turnovers.

Penn State doesn't miss 3 pointers. No reason for the defense to be doubling ANYONE. Penn State gets another wide open three. Beilein is getting schooled right now. He keeps trapping the ball and Penn State keeps nailing wide open 3s and not creating turnovers.

What the heck is he doing with this defense? He is putting them in awful position.

I wonder how close PSU was to winning some of these games. 0-fer in the conference looks pretty awful, but I don't think it's that bad.

IU has beaten Penn State twice by more than 23 points. Michigan can't get a 10 point lead on them in 3 halves of basketball now.

Nothing but wide open jumpers for Penn State and now a charge goes against Michigan. This is the worst the defense has looked all year, no resistance to Penn State.

What a brutal call on that charge after Stauskas stole the in bounds. Not one college referee has ever called a block/charge correct in the history of basketball, awful.

Michigan has not been fun to watch for weeks.

Thats how to come out of the locker room. Lead up to 11 after that energetic start. Nicely done.