Sign in to follow this  
Kdoogie24

Visiting A2 for Hockey / Basketball weekend

Gonna make a weekend trip for the final home hockey game vs Ferris St, and then try to take in the Sunday Basketball game v MSU.

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on restaurants, bars, where to stay, and perhaps finding tickets for Sundays game.

It looks like the Arena would be a cool place to watch the bball game Sunday if we can't get tickets.

I am going to keep an eye on stubhub to see if the prices drop Sunday morning, but I emailed the box office and they don't accept electronic tickets on your smartphone, so I would have to find a place to print them as well. My buddy and I are willing to drop 100+ but when it starts getting towards 175 its a bit much. Sitting together isn't a must so that may make it easier.

Basically just looking for any advice on visiting Ann Arbor as this will be my first time since taking in a football game when I was a lot younger. It will be my first trip to Yost and (hopefully) Crisler.

Thanks !

Gonna make a weekend trip for the final home hockey game vs Ferris St, and then try to take in the Sunday Basketball game v MSU.

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on restaurants, bars, where to stay, and perhaps finding tickets for Sundays game.

It looks like the Arena would be a cool place to watch the bball game Sunday if we can't get tickets.

I am going to keep an eye on stubhub to see if the prices drop Sunday morning, but I emailed the box office and they don't accept electronic tickets on your smartphone, so I would have to find a place to print them as well. My buddy and I are willing to drop 100+ but when it starts getting towards 175 its a bit much. Sitting together isn't a must so that may make it easier.

Basically just looking for any advice on visiting Ann Arbor as this will be my first time since taking in a football game when I was a lot younger. It will be my first trip to Yost and (hopefully) Crisler.

Thanks !

I've only been to UM's campus twice, but I can say that you could have a whole day of entertainment by just walking around campus. Walking through the housing villages and the businesses around the campus. We went to eat at the Pizza House which was fantastic. Great place that I highly suggest for food.

If you're going to a Michigan hockey game at Yost Ice Arena you must chant the following at the opposing team or dance as follows...

BTW, if you're taking young children, leave them in the hotel room if you don't want them learning a slew of new and profane words. It gets nasty down at Yost if you weren't already aware of that.

(When the refs step on the ice at the beginning of a period)

BOO!!!!! CHECK THE NET… CHECK THE NET (until he checks it). GET INSIDE (until he gets inside the net). CHECK IT AGAIN (after he leaves the net)

(When a team gets a penalty, raise your hand and wave)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH (until the player steps in the box). SEE YA! At that point you start chanting the following profanities

(When Michigan Scores, after the Victors, Hold up the number of goals on your hand until the announcer announces the goal)

GOALCOUNT. READY. (Count the number of Michigan goals). WE WANT MORE GOALS. (POINT TO THE STATE GOALIE) SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, (Go Blue Chant)

(If the other team scores you point to their fans section and chant)

UGLY PARENTS!

Any time "Temptation" (the football you suck song) is played you do the following...

"GOALIE!" (Point at M's goalie)

"SIEVE!" (Point at opponent's goalie)

Repeat every beat of the song until it is over

Hey (Goalie), you’re not a goalie you’re a sieve, you’re not a sieve you’re a funnel, you’re not a funnel you’re a vacuum, you’re not a vacuum you’re a black hole, you’re not a black hole you just suck, you just suck, you just suck, you just suck

If you can't get into college go to state! If you can't get into college go to state! If you can't get into college, then you really really suck! If you can't get into college go to state!"

(verse 2, if you can’t get into state shoot yourself. Verse 3, if you can't shoot yourself re-apply)

With 1:04 left in a period:

(4) HOW (3) MUCH (2) TIME (1) IS (0) LEFT?. (After the announcer announces the time left) THANK YOU!

(If the opponents goalie takes off his mask) UGLY GOALIE! (Repeat until he puts it back on)

YAY!!!

(If Michigan's Goalie takes off his mask) HANDSOME GOALIE! (Repeat until he puts it back on)

AWWW!!

(If Michigan is on a penalty kill)

YIIIIIIP (when Michigan clears the puck from our half of the ice)

During intermission, try to get the kids on the zamboni to do the following...

Wave, Raise the roof, Flap arms like angel, make a butterfly using your hands, then try to get the kid to take off his/her shoe and throw it on the ice.

During the Blues Brothers Dance in the clapping, cycle through the following actions with the person next to you...

Front/Back, Up/Down, Left/Right

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

There is anew bar/bbq that opened up recently at state/Packard called rub BBQ. It's really close to yost and not far from crisler either. That would be a good spot to go before the games for food and drink.

For a place to watch the game, the arena in downtown is a good sports bar. Scorekeepers is popular with the students. Ashley's is right on the edge of campus and has an excellent beer selection. They have a lot of TVs. The bars along south university will all have game on.

Ashleys is great. Scorekeepers is OK, not really a huge fan. Good time Charlies is also a good place, they serve long island iced teas in mason jars.

And you should try Pizza House if you never have. I was at an irish pub about 4 weeks back and ran into Shannon Hogan, I can't remember the name of the bar.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Was able to snag 2 at center ice 14 rows up off stubhub last night for 35 each.

Emailed the box office for Crisler about electronic tickets on your phone, and they don't accept them. So we will either be keeping our eye out scalpers or finding a place to print some for the bball game.

Also Tater - the YouTube videos of the Yost student section get me so excited haha.

I have learned some of the stuff over the years from going to games at the Joe, but ready for the real thing.

Yeah, Charley's is pretty good. The brown jug is also good. Those would the two south u bars that would be decent places to watch the basketball game, but a bit far away from crisler.

Conor oneil's is the Irish pub I assume tp was at. That's on Main Street and slightly closer.

Ashley's is the best, though.

Emailed the box office for Crisler about electronic tickets on your phone, and they don't accept them. So we will either be keeping our eye out scalpers or finding a place to print some for the bball game.

Think you should be able to find some. I noticed a handful of them on the short walk from where we parked as we were entering the arena this past week.