Sign in to follow this  
thefunk

2/17/13 Penn State @ (4) Michigan

bilde?Site=C4&Date=20130212&Category=SPORTS06&ArtNo=130212104&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&U-M-plans-dedication-events-Crisler-Center

from the CRISLER CENTER

in

ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN

it's the

Michigan-Wolverines-logo-courtesy-of-Michigan-via-wikipedia-commons.png

#4 MICHIGAN WOLVERINES (21-4, 8-4 Big Ten)

vs.

psulogojpg-3ab09093a75a8d97.jpg

the PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS (8-16, 0-12 Big Ten)

12:00 P.M. (ET)

logo_big_ten_network_small.gif

bilde?Site=C4&Date=20121108&Category=SPORTS06&ArtNo=311080162&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Michigan-s-Glenn-Robinson-III-making-name-himself

GR III remembering what it looks like to score points

Finally a break in the schedule. Pretty disheartening after the state game though. I like that Beilien is a cool customer and doesn't show much emotion, but that is exactly what is killing this team. They start every game like it isn't important.

Hopefully this doesn't turn in to a brawl, which I feel like it has the potential to do. All PSU needs is either a big man playing with purpose or an outside shooter to get hot and they could win this game.

Going to be there for this one. Eager to check out how the arena looks, and excited to see this team in person!

Trend of slow starts continue. 5 minutes in and Penn State leads 9-8. I don't expect this one to be close, but Michigan has got to learn how to come out of the gate with purpose. Every game is the same story.

Wow is this offense some kind of awful right now, looks exactly like the MSU game, no motion and terrible shots.

McGary blows the bunny, Penn State now up 14-9. Again, there is just no energy or urgency. Beilein has not found a way to prepare these guys to begin games, it's getting annoying that the coaching staff has no sense of urgency.

9 minutes in and Burke is the only one with a field goal. Penn State with an and one, 16-9 with a FT to come.

Did I mention both of Penn States leading scorers are on the bench with 2 fouls a piece. Just when you think they couldn't play any worse they start the game like this. Regardless if they win, these poor starts are unacceptable. This is how 1st or 2nd round exits happen.

8 points in the first 2 and a half minutes. 3 points in the last 7 minutes, this offense goes through way too many stretches like this.

Finally someone besides Burke makes a damn bucket. 12 minutes into the game and only one player has a FG. Robinson III is the least motivated basketball player on the floor every game he plays.

Penn State getting to the basketball at will, somehow we can't stop their penetration or rebounding.

Michigan not being able to grab a rebound is going to kill them in the B1G and NCAA tourneys. Zero size, and even from the bigs, not enough athleticism to grab a board over any other defenders.

I don't know what happened to Michigan, they went from one of the most fun teams to watch to one of the laziest teams around. All that energy from early season is gone, nothing but standing around now.

Burke throws up a wild shot. Penn State is clearly out playing Michigan.

Intentional foul on PSU, maybe that will wake us up.

GRIII is now 3-6 from the FT line, he has went 1-2 all three times he went to the line. Got to make your free throws.

Burke still being Burke, 14 points so far in the 1st half. He brings it every single game. Tie game.

Michigan gets the ball to end the half, my guess would be a step back 3 from Burke, like it always is.

Never. Never ever have I seen a good last possession from this team. Is it really that hard to draw up something better than chucking up a three?

Michigan gets the ball to end the half, my guess would be a step back 3 from Burke, like it always is.

HAHA. PSU knew it too, so they doubled him at half court.

Penn State celebrating like they just won the Big Ten title after Hardaway missed the 3 at the buzzer. 32 all at the half. Michigan has played some terrible basketball in the last week or so, but this 1st half topped it, completely lethargic.

Michigan's biggest weakness is they do not know how to go after rebounds. They are always standing in the wrong place to collect the board it seems. The foul trouble on Penn State should hurt them in the 2nd half. Michigan needs to keep attacking the basket.

Michigan had 11 points in the 1st 10 minutes and 21 points in the 2nd 10 minutes.

I think the Wolverines will score over 40 points in the 2nd half as Penn State will let them score inside to stay out of foul trouble or else they will foul and Michigan will be shooting free throws the rest of the game.

Michigan also has better stamina thanks to coach Beilein and his crazy running drills so let's hope Penn State poops out.

How about that, Michigan looks like they have some energy and they are more effective. It's all about energy level.