Deleterious

Michigan 2014 Recruiting Thread

Offer lists are just okay, but I trust Hoke and Co.'s recruiting. Recruiting another tall receiver stands out to me, this regime seems to love tall receivers.

Jabrill Peppers: I'm bringing Da'Shawn Hand, Leonard Fournette to Michigan | MLive.com

Just saw this article on mlive, it's about Jabrill Peppers and he says that he is bringing Hand and Fournette with him. I'd be surprised if that happens but it's nice to see him try to recruit 2 of the other top recruits in the country. Who knows maybe he can help convince atleast Hand to come to Michigan. I also like how he mentions the importance of a degree from Michigan even though I find it unlikely that he will ever get one.(unless he goes back for it.)

https://twitter.com/GeorgeCampbell0/statuses/361242955182379008

I have officially decided to commit to THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN #GoBlue #Project136

He is actually for the 2015 class. Sites seem to list him from 6'3" up to 6'5" and between 185-200 pounds. 4.3 or 4.4 40 time.

247 and ESPN both rank him as the #1 WR in the country for that class. Scout and Rivals don't have rankings yet.

Long long long way to go until February 2015.

George Campbell - Yahoo! Sports

247 - George Campbell

Scout.com: George Campbell Profile

Football Recruiting - George Campbell - Player Profiles - ESPN

EDIT: His offer list was huge and very impressive obviously. Auburn, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and quite a few more.

Edited by Deleterious

He is actually for the 2015 class. Sites seem to list him from 6'3" up to 6'5" and between 185-200 pounds. 4.3 or 4.4 40 time.

247 and ESPN both rank him as the #1 WR in the country for that class. Scout and Rivals don't have rankings yet.

247 - George Campbell

EDIT: His offer list was huge and very impressive obviously. Auburn, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and quite a few more.

The staff at UM continues to impress. They said they were going to get bigger and stronger and they have kept their word. I can't remember the exact number, but I believe every commit they have gotten at the WR position over the past few classes has been over 6'4.

EDIT: Campbell is the 6th WR commit since 2012 that is atleast 6'4 per ESPN.

Edited by RJBBREZ

247 - George Campbell

https://twitter.com/CoachBrown3/status/361315011957751808

There were 3 WR's in the 2013 NFL Combine w/ a 40 as fast/faster than George Campbell. They were 6', 5'8", and 5'9". Campbell is 6'4". Wow.

Michigan just got a commitment from RB Damien Harris of the 2015 class. ESPN has him as the 20th best overall player, and 3rd best RB of that class.

Michigan just got a commitment from RB Damien Harris of the 2015 class. ESPN has him as the 20th best overall player, and 3rd best RB of that class.

Wow. I guess the last few days puts to rest the questions about Hoke's ability to recruit offensive skill positions.

It really is a shame the college forum is dead.

I used to love ESPN's college forum, but they killed it a couple of weeks ago. I wish more people would get on this one.

I used to love ESPN's college forum, but they killed it a couple of weeks ago. I wish more people would get on this one.

It should pick up more over the next few weeks, but yeah, it's pretty much dead on both sites.

It should pick up more over the next few weeks, but yeah, it's pretty much dead on both sites.

I thought it was gone for good?

It really is a shame the college forum is dead.

The worst part is that it seemed to be killed by those who didn't much time in here anyway. It was a mistake by the site to completely stomp the college forum. I wonder what Benke is up to.

If you guys didn't want the college forums dead, you shouldn't have run out benke. If benke were here, this thread would easily be 10x longer.

If you guys didn't want the college forums dead, you shouldn't have run out benke. If benke were here, this thread would easily be 10x longer.

So who 'ran out' Benke? Only the admins can ban a poster.

So who 'ran out' Benke? Only the admins can ban a poster.

I didn't say ban, I said ran out. I'll let the threads serve as the history guide, if you want the story.

I didn't say ban, I said ran out. I'll let the threads serve as the history guide, if you want the story.

To the extent he was run out, he was run out by MSU posters, and oftentimes the exchanges were pointless and drawn out. It'd seem like you'd read two pages of posts, of which 74 posts were petty bickering. I supported sepatating the forums at the time because of that. Not as sure now, but I get why it was done.

To the extent he was run out, he was run out by MSU posters, and oftentimes the exchanges were pointless and drawn out. It'd seem like you'd read two pages of posts, of which 74 posts were petty bickering. I supported separating the forums at the time because of that. Not as sure now, but I get why it was done.

Well I blame you then. I get why it was done as well, but the options at the time were so obvious:

1. Continue as it was with tons of posting and skipping the drama posts (which I liked anyway)

2. No discussion.

The college forum was unlike any other on this site, it had a niche and everyone who posted in there knew the score. It's like being a made guy and complaining to the police about death threats. So now here we are, a couple years later, no discussion. And all the people who complained, where the hell are they? MTS should contact Benke and ask him to resume posting.

..MTS should contact Benke and ask him to resume posting.

Yup. The most pointless banning since I've been here.

College fans - read mostly students - live to dis on each other - it's what they do. To shut it down because a few who didn't like the heat were to too fool to get out of the kitchen would not have been my choice.

Edited by Gehringer_2

To the extent he was run out, he was run out by MSU posters...

Little brother syndrome. :)

To the extent he was run out, he was run out by MSU posters, and oftentimes the exchanges were pointless and drawn out. It'd seem like you'd read two pages of posts, of which 74 posts were petty bickering. I supported sepatating the forums at the time because of that. Not as sure now, but I get why it was done.

Yes, as I said, this thread would be at least 10x longer. As in 30 pages of posts vs 3 pages now. There is some trade off of quality for quantity, but he was also like a one-man RSS on Michigan sports. And if you skipped over the trolling and pointless back and forth, he brought a lot of good to the college forum.

Edited by ballmich