Deleterious

Michigan 2014 Recruiting Thread

I think he would be better served to become an international DJ.

Seikaly has that on lockdown. I just checked his site and his next gig is July 5th according to his schedule. Apparently, International DJ isn't a very busy job.

Michigan has now taken away MSU's top commit (Harris) and their top expected-to-commit (Marshall).

Again, the aberration of State being good at football is about to close. Michigan is back to being Michigan and Ohio State is back to being Ohio State.

After Penn State gets out of purgatory Sparty will go back to being the afterthought they always were. Dantonio would be wise to get the heck out of dodge now while he still looks like a good coach. Same with Narduzzi.

Well, the worst part of it for MSU is that Michigan basketball is on the cusp of surpassing MSU basketball. Michigan is a much more desirable school, and since the facilities have been updated it's is quite a draw.

One of our recruits tweeted that he was going to watch Peppers commit to UM or something along those lines. I think it was the WR we stole from MSU.

One of our recruits tweeted that he was going to watch Peppers commit to UM or something along those lines. I think it was the WR we stole from MSU.

Him and the QB recruit Speight.

Peppers goes blue. Rated as one of the top db's in this class.

He's ranked by some as the second best player in the class. And it seems Michigan has a pretty good chance at the number 1 ranked kid. I liked Hoke from the beginning but I didn't expect him to recruit like this, of course his decision and ability to bring Mattison back to Ann Arbor has helped immeasurably.

Hopefully Hoke and Mattison can coach against speed. I remember time and again Lloyd Carr's secondaries looking great on paper and getting smoked on the field. This is a nice catch though for Big Blue.

So true Tater, they insisted on using big, slow LBs and safeties a la Ernest Shazor. That on top of a lack of speed off the edge for the pass rush really derailed us against fast teams, especially spread offenses.

Sam Webb ‏@SamWebb77 1m

Clairton Pa. LB, Chase Winovich committed to #Michigan coach Brady Hoke moments ago

Looks like it was between Michigan, OSU, and Pitt.

Sam Webb ‏@SamWebb77 1m

Clairton Pa. LB, Chase Winovich committed to #Michigan coach Brady Hoke moments ago

Looks like it was between Michigan, OSU, and Pitt.

I read at another site that this was the 11th recruit that had both Michigan and Ohio offers...7 have chosen Michigan.

Peppers goes blue. Rated as one of the top db's in this class.

I thought msu was where all the DB's went.

There is a thread at MGB saying 5* RB Leonard Fournette will visit Michigan. Every site has him as the #1 RB and his overall ranking varies from #1 to the #3 player in the country depending on which site. He is from New Orleans and people in that thread said he will end up at LSU or Alabama. But at least he is visiting.

Leonard Fournette - Yahoo! Sports

I consider myself very up to date on current events and politics, but I had no idea Jon Runyan was a Congressman until I started reading recruiting blurbs about his son getting ready to commit. Not sure how I missed that one.

Is Runyan Jr an OT too?

Yes.

Jon Runyan Jr. Commits to Michigan: Wolverines Land 2015 Legacy Recruit | Bleacher Report

According to 247Sports, Runyan Jr. claimed just one offer from Michigan but had drawn interest from an impressive list of schools that included Arizona, Miami (Fla.) and Big Ten Conference rivals Ohio State, Michigan State and Penn State.
A 6'4", 250-pound offensive tackle, Runyan Jr. is currently rated No. 37 in the country at that position in the 247Sports composite ratings and is the No. 11 prospect in Pennsylvania.

Joining Andrew David, a kicker out of Massillon, Ohio, Runyan Jr. makes commitment No. 2 for Michigan's 2015 recruiting class.