Deleterious

Michigan 2014 Recruiting Thread

Drake Harris™ ‏@drizzygetbusy01 47s

Just officially committed to The University Of Michigan!

Huge news. Finally a big time receiver!

Awesome news of the verbal, but I'm not going to celebrate too much until he signs the official forms next spring.

I didn't expect Drake to commit this early. He supposedly had a great visit to Ohio State a few days ago and was scheduled for a ND visit. On the other hand, he's spent so much time in Ann Arbor. Great news.

Even better is Drake harris is friends with D Booker, a top point guard that UM has been after for a while now.

Same Twitter account so one link.

https://twitter.com/rivalsmike/status/323756135444262912

Heard from great source that 5 star DB Jabrill Peppers is now heavy lean to #Michigan and that #OhioState and #LSU have dropped on list.
If I had to guess on order for Da'Shawn Hand it would be #Hokies then #Michigan then #Gamecocks then #Gators (pending visit) and #Alabama

Hoke and Company continue to impress, in recruiting and on the field.

I am so excited to see where this program is headed.

I'm not sure what to think about Drake Harris. Admittedly, the only game I saw him play on the football field this year was the state title game. In that game, he was clearly matched up with DB's who had no chance of stopping him.

However, I saw him in person in a couple different basketball games this year, and while it's obviously not the same game, I was not impressed with Drake's athletic ability during basketball games. He wasn't faster than everyone else on the court, he wasn't quicker than everyone else, he wasn't jumping over anyone...all things that I would usually expect a top WR recruit in the country to be on the basketball court.

So that's my only worry about him. I know it might sound stupid, but it still worries me. That maybe his abilities are just overstated because of the lack of competition he's facing on the football field. I obviously want him to be at Michigan and want him to be highly successful, but I need to see more from him before I get overly excited.

Bunting was a surprise. I think he only played 4 games last year due to injury and yet has a really impressive offer list.

https://twitter.com/TremendousUM/status/328898758484049922

Paramus Catholic coach Chris Partridge confirms report that Juwann Bushell-Beatty commits to #Michigan

3* OT Rivlas and Scout list him at 6'5" 295 pounds. ESPN has him at 6'7" 330 pounds.

Juwan Bushell-Beatty - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Juwan Bushell-Beatty Profile

Juwann Bushell-Beatty - 247

Juwann Bushell-Beatty - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Most importantly, Bushell-Beatty is a teammate of DB Jabrill Peppers who is a top 5 player in the country with offers from essentially every program in the country who supposedly has Michigan pretty high on his list. This could help tip the scales in Michigan's favor. Though, Bushell-Beatty's offer list is nothing to sneeze at by any means. Offers from Florida, Florida State, Miami (FL), Tennessee, West Virginia...not bad.

Sam Webb ‏@SamWebb77 3m

Hearing that Lawrence Marshall just committed to #Michigan

@wolverinenation The Wolverines now have 8 ESPN 150 commits. More than Texas and Florida combined.

Nice.

Michigan has now taken away MSU's top commit (Harris) and their top expected-to-commit (Marshall).

Again, the aberration of State being good at football is about to close. Michigan is back to being Michigan and Ohio State is back to being Ohio State.

After Penn State gets out of purgatory Sparty will go back to being the afterthought they always were. Dantonio would be wise to get the heck out of dodge now while he still looks like a good coach. Same with Narduzzi.

Michigan has now taken away MSU's top commit (Harris) and their top expected-to-commit (Marshall).

Again, the aberration of State being good at football is about to close. Michigan is back to being Michigan and Ohio State is back to being Ohio State.

After Penn State gets out of purgatory Sparty will go back to being the afterthought they always were. Dantonio would be wise to get the heck out of dodge now while he still looks like a good coach. Same with Narduzzi.

LOL remember when Dantonio said "Where is the threat?". I am so glad Hoke and Company are making that *****hole eat his words.

Just remember, pride comes before the fall...

I had that same thought as I read the Dantonio quote.

They aren't even losing recruits to other schools now.

Michigan State 2013 signee Jay Harris will pursue rap career instead of football | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Just remember, pride comes before the fall...

This quote always makes me laugh out loud.