Deleterious

2013 NBA trade deadline

Kinda shocks me they didn't move him.

Wow, so he is going to walk in the summer and the Hawks won't get anything in return since sign and trades are a thing of the past. Doesn't make much sense because it doesn't appear as if ATL is going to offer Smith the type of money he will want.

I guess that trade was not 3 teams. The Charlotte-Orlando trade was separate.

Bucks Acquire JJ Redick Out Of Talks For Josh Smith - RealGM Wiretap

The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired J.J. Redick from the Orlando Magic, according to a source.

The Bucks had also been pursuing a trade for Josh Smith, but are out of those talks.

The Bucks will send Doron Lamb, Tobias Harris and Beno Udrih to the Magic.

I am sure Redick will just love living in Milwaukee for a few months. I bet he signs with the Bulls next year.

I am sure Redick will just love living in Milwaukee for a few months. I bet he signs with the Bulls next year.

Chicago is already over the salary cap and luxury tax next year, with only 8 players signed. They are in trouble.

Chicago is already over the salary cap and luxury tax next year, with only 8 players signed. They are in trouble.

See what happens when you don't go look at teams salary breakdown before making wild guesses.

Teams can start making trades again when their season is over.

So lottery teams can start trading with each other the day the regular season ends.

Playoff teams can start trading when they are eliminated, and can only trade with lottery teams or other teams eliminated from the playoffs.

Trades can happen up until the end of June. Although you cant trade lottery picks starting at 6PM the day before the draft until the lottery is completed.

July 1st all player movement is frozen for a week. During this time the league determines and sets the salary cap and luxury tax. Teams can also start to negotiate with free agents during this time but cant sign anyone.

July 7th teams can start trading and signing free agents.

Source: Atlanta Hawks blow up deal at last minute that would've sent Josh Smith to Milwaukee. Hawks would've re-

ceived Ekpe Udoh, Luc Mbah-Moute, Beno Udrih and a protected No. 1 pick. Can't imagine the Bucks are happy having invested so much time in trying to make it happen. Leaves big question now if Hawks can do better this summer.

From Ric Bucher

For all you Monroe haters, here is a neutral viewpoint of NBA players trade value, note Monroe at #21. He was also specced out to be the #28 best player in the league.

Ranking the Trade Value of the Top 100 NBA Players | Bleacher Report

Don't really think much of that list FWIW. Monroe has value because he is a good player on a rookie deal. Once he gets paid after 2014-15, his value will plummett.

Monroe gets guff only based on the "best player on a team" scale.

As far as being a good player, he is a good player, he is just in a bad position, and the critics come out when some Piston fans talk about untapped potential due to his age, or like one guy here said in the offseason, he is a Kevin Garnett type player waiting to blossom. SOme kind of 24/13/5 player. It will never happen.

For all you Monroe haters, here is a neutral viewpoint of NBA players trade value, note Monroe at #21. He was also specced out to be the #28 best player in the league.

Ranking the Trade Value of the Top 100 NBA Players | Bleacher Report

Not to hate on Monroe, but this is the Bleacher Report we're talking about, which isn't exactly a bastion of solid reporting and analysis.

From Ric Bucher

I don't understand why they didn't take that. The new CBA pretty much kills sign and trades, so I already know the answer about this summer. Unless they plan to sign and keep him.

I don't understand why they didn't take that. The new CBA pretty much kills sign and trades, so I already know the answer about this summer. Unless they plan to sign and keep him.

4 crappy parts, screw it I say. I highly doubt it happens, but Ferry's plan has always seemed to be trying to get Howard and Paul to go with Smith. Howard at the least. I guess they give it a go now. Again, I'm not saying I think it will happen.

Don't really think much of that list FWIW. Monroe has value because he is a good player on a rookie deal. Once he gets paid after 2014-15, his value will plummett.

Monroe gets guff only based on the "best player on a team" scale.

As far as being a good player, he is a good player, he is just in a bad position, and the critics come out when some Piston fans talk about untapped potential due to his age, or like one guy here said in the offseason, he is a Kevin Garnett type player waiting to blossom. SOme kind of 24/13/5 player. It will never happen.

I don't think you'd have any trouble moving him for strong value if he were to get say, a 5/60 deal after his current deal expires. He's certainly not a KG(top 5 PF of all time fwiw), but that doesn't mean he isn't a highly valuable player. Especially in a league where Brook Lopez and Roy Hibbert get the max. He isn't just extremely valuable due to his rookie deal.

I'm surprised the Lakers never went after Martin

They are at $100M in salary. That means for every dollar in salary they would have paid Martin, they would have paid $3.75 in tax. The Knicks are at $77M in salary meaning they are only paying $1.50 or $1.75 in tax. Even the Lakers have limits.

I don't think you'd have any trouble moving him for strong value if he were to get say, a 5/60 deal after his current deal expires. He's certainly not a KG(top 5 PF of all time fwiw), but that doesn't mean he isn't a highly valuable player. Especially in a league where Brook Lopez and Roy Hibbert get the max. He isn't just extremely valuable due to his rookie deal.

I just have a hard time seeing who they would trade him for on that list. I would not mind getting Gallinari for him but I can't see the Nuggets making that trade given their needs.