Sign in to follow this  
thefunk

1/27/13 (2) Michigan @ Illinois

Nice win, and nice to hopefully be #1 tomorrow. First time since I was a couple of months old, I think.

Same here. I was about 4 months old the last time they were the #1 team.

Belien seems like such a good coach/mentor. Really supports and cares for his players.

What coach doesn't, right? But I see it in him a lot.

Him and Brady Hoke seem like those type of guys, awesome especially when you look at the cocky AHole coaches everywhere. (Kiffin ect)

Him and Brady Hoke seem like those type of guys, awesome especially when you look at the cocky AHole coaches everywhere. (Kiffin ect)

While comparing the sports may not be fair, Pelini kept popping up in my head as a comparison. Red faced, cursing mean a hole. Coach b seems to just be the total opposite. I'd rather play for the latter.

Ok. After Wednesday, which is no guarantee, we seriously run through the gauntlet. Good lord.

Sat 2 @Indiana

Tue 5 Ohio State

Sat 9 @Wisconsin

Tue 12 @Michigan State

If we get out of those 4 with a 3-1 record, that's huge.

Ok. After Wednesday, which is no guarantee, we seriously run through the gauntlet. Good lord.

Sat 2 @Indiana

Tue 5 Ohio State

Sat 9 @Wisconsin

Tue 12 @Michigan State

If we get out of those 4 with a 3-1 record, that's huge.

I would think the first two are the toughest. 3-1 would be huge. I'd be fine with 2-2.

I would think the first two are the toughest. 3-1 would be huge. I'd be fine with 2-2.

2-2 sounds right. I'd assume wins over OSU and UW, but at Indiana is always uphill and the further you go into the season the tougher it gets to beat Izzo.

If they go 3-1 I'll believe they really are the best in the country..

With 3 of those 4 games on the road, 2-2 would be a pretty good way to come out that stretch. Hopefully Morgan is ready to go Saturday.

2-2 sounds right. I'd assume wins over OSU and UW, but at Indiana is always uphill and the further you go into the season the tougher it gets to beat Izzo.

If they go 3-1 I'll believe they really are the best in the country..

I'm way more confident in beating MSU on the road than I am in beating OSU at home. MSU has shown all year that they are inconsistent and play down to their competition...but on occasion they also play up to their competition. With OSU, I just can't get that first half out of my head. That showed that OSU has the ability to dominate Michigan and no other team has shown that. If Burke gets schooled by Craft again and there's nobody on defense who can stop Thomas...

I'm way more confident in beating MSU on the road than I am in beating OSU at home. MSU has shown all year that they are inconsistent and play down to their competition...but on occasion they also play up to their competition. With OSU, I just can't get that first half out of my head. That showed that OSU has the ability to dominate Michigan and no other team has shown that. If Burke gets schooled by Craft again and there's nobody on defense who can stop Thomas...

Yeah but don't forget Michigan would have been in the bonus 7 minutes in if that game were played that way in any other gym. OSU's "tough defense" had a good bit of homecookin' there.

It won't be an easy game, but I think that first half was not really indicative.

Yeah but don't forget Michigan would have been in the bonus 7 minutes in if that game were played that way in any other gym. OSU's "tough defense" had a good bit of homecookin' there.

It won't be an easy game, but I think that first half was not really indicative.

I have to agree. College officiating is always slanted toward the home team. Craft gets away with murder, especially at home. UM adjusted in the second half and made it a good game. Being down 25 on the road and actually coming back to tie it shows just how good they really are.

With 3 of those 4 games on the road, 2-2 would be a pretty good way to come out that stretch. Hopefully Morgan is ready to go Saturday.

I think they would be better with Horford starting. Morgan really does nothing well for this team. He is basically an automatic turnover when he gets the ball, and always seems to find a way to commit several stupid fouls away from the basket. Horford plays better d and rebounds better IMO, which is what they need out of that position. McGary needs to come off the bench right now for instant energy.

I think they would be better with Horford starting. Morgan really does nothing well for this team. He is basically an automatic turnover when he gets the ball, and always seems to find a way to commit several stupid fouls away from the basket. Horford plays better d and rebounds better IMO, which is what they need out of that position. McGary needs to come off the bench right now for instant energy.

Horford hasn't been able to string together enough games for me to know what he can do. Still to say Morgan does nothing seems pretty harsh, especially on the day after Burke called him their defensive glue. At the moment he's their most polished big man and no more prone to foul trouble (this season) than the rest of them. And where do you get automatic turnover from? He has 2 more turns than Mitch while logging 50 or 60 more minutes.

Regardless, seeing the calls Indiana got against State, Michigan will need all 3 of their bigs Saturday.

Morgan isn't that bad at all. He's shown a lot of improvement, especially from last year when he was putrid. I think McGary has earned his minutes, and we will see how well Horford does as he works his way into more consistent action. Having other big men around has helped him a lot.

Big Ten Network actually calculated "stops per 40 minutes" and "fouls per 40 minutes" and concluded that Jordan Morgan is actually the best defender in the Big Ten so far this year.

Big Ten Network actually calculated "stops per 40 minutes" and "fouls per 40 minutes" and concluded that Jordan Morgan is actually the best defender in the Big Ten so far this year.

You can't win if you don't score. Even the best defender can be a liability if he boloxes up your game badly enough on the offensive end, and Morgan has had a couple stretches where he has had to come out to right the ship, though he is probably not the only guy that has been true of.

Morgan isn't that bad at all. He's shown a lot of improvement, especially from last year when he was putrid. I think McGary has earned his minutes, and we will see how well Horford does as he works his way into more consistent action. Having other big men around has helped him a lot.

I would argue that Morgan has not improved. He still misses easy buckets at the rim and generally has terrible hands. His defensive is average, at best and his motor isn't as good as McGary. He hedges ball screens better than any big I have seen this season, that is a big plus.

Morgan isn't awful, he isn't good...just an undersized big man with bad hands.