Gozer

Enjoy life after the NFL Titus...

FWIW, even after his latest twitter meltdowns, Lawrence Jackson was supporting Titus on twitter and rooting for him to put it together. I do agree that a majority of the players did not like Young and his antics though.

Wasn't a tough one. Mike O'Hara has been writing about his trade value and all that. Mr. O'Hara does not understand what is going on here. It wasn't about value anymore. It was about showing the rest of that team that management respected them enough to do this right away. Everyone on that team HATED Titus Young. The defense hated him for sucker punching Louis Delmas. The offense hated him for lining up wrong on purpose.

nd1377, you must be on some powerful painkillers to think that the Lions would ever play him again. Give me some.

So Nick Fairley is the only guy from 2011 draft class on the team now. Wow.....Mr. Mayhew should be following Mr. Young out the door.

Not to defend Mayhew, but LeShoure was also a member of that draft class.

What hurts that class is Mayhew trading up to get LeShoure, who is just an average running back who was the equivalent of Joique Bell, who they picked up off the street.

nd1377, you must be on some powerful painkillers to think that the Lions would ever play him again. Give me some.

After watching the Lions this season, I need some badly.

I thought the Lions were/are in no position to cut young players because it hurts the Lions more than the player.

What are the chances Young does what he did wrong again? IMHO, he will never do that again.

After watching the Lions this season, I need some badly.

I thought the Lions were/are in no position to cut young players because it hurts the Lions more than the player.

What are the chances Young does what he did wrong again? IMHO, he will never do that again.

That could've been said after he had his first or even second meltdown. Did you think he was going to go on a twitter rant after he got benched for the last few games?

Does Titus have a history of concussions? He's talking like a guy who's had a few......

dozen.

Are you kidding me? Someone signs him and he'll stir up the **** before training camp ends. He's not bright.

Are you kidding me? Someone signs him and he'll stir up the **** before training camp ends. He's not bright.

I agree 100%... We haven't heard the last from this clown. My prediction is that he signs with the Raiders and has a few more bizarre outbursts and mediocre seasons before washing out of the league.

I was totally wrong about this situation. I thought he would get one more shot, but I was totally wrong.

As I was. I thought the potential of his talent may entice some teams. But, I guess every NFL team in the league didn't think he was worth at least a low draft pick.

Wow, I sure hope the Lions don't go after any receivers early in the draft. Just find a FA to sign. If we have cap space.

Only time will tell.

So Nick Fairley is the only guy from 2011 draft class on the team now. Wow.....Mr. Mayhew should be following Mr. Young out the door.

As Buddha correctly pointed out, LaShoure was also from 2011. And the other players taken were 5th round Doug Hogue and 7th round Johnny Culbreath. A 7th rounder not making the team is not shocking at all, though they usually aren't gone quite so quickly. A 5th round being cut is also not unheard of. Disappointing, but not shocking.

The Young pick is the only one that was a complete disaster, but it doesn't help that the two other late rounders didn't work and that both the other early rounders missed lots of time to injury and had off the field drug issues too.

As Buddha correctly pointed out, LaShoure was also from 2011. And the other players taken were 5th round Doug Hogue and 7th round Johnny Culbreath. A 7th rounder not making the team is not shocking at all, though they usually aren't gone quite so quickly. A 5th round being cut is also not unheard of. Disappointing, but not shocking.

The Young pick is the only one that was a complete disaster, but it doesn't help that the two other late rounders didn't work and that both the other early rounders missed lots of time to injury and had off the field drug issues too.

I don't know man... it seems to me that only having two players from a draft class on your roster 2 years later IS a complete disaster. Especially when you consider the Lions traded up for Leshoure who looks to be an average NFL RB at best. That's why the Lions are who they are IMO. Failure year after year to find quality players in the mid & late rounds.

Edited by tjames16
typo

Just heard that he was claimed by the Rams... good luck with that lump of turd, Fisher.

Of all teams, that kind of suprises me. I guess Schwartz and Fisher aren't that close.

I think it's a pretty much any coach in the NFL thinks he can rehabilitate a player. And honestly, getting cut by the team that drafted you only two years after they drafted you in the second round *should* be a wake up call that to the player and make him ready and willing to seek advice and help from his new coach. The question will be if Young actually wakes up or not... Right now... I'm guessing not.

But hey, for the Rams it's pretty much low-risk, high reward, isn't it? If things don't seem to be progressing, they just cut him. If he does turn it around they get a second round talent for nothing, right?

The Lions should demand Roger Goodell to suspend Titus for at least a year for game-fixing activities.

There's really not much difference between a prima-donna WR intentionally screwing up plays on purpose because he doesn't like the offense and a prima-donna WR intentionally screwing up plays on purpose because a gambler told him to.

The game in question was Dec. 9 vs. the Packers. The Lions were 6 1/2 point dogs. Over-under was 48. They ended up losing 27-20.

Titus runs the right pass patterns on a couple more plays, maybe the Lions get a field goal -- the game swings according to the spread, AND the over-under, and millions of dollars change hands.

Goodell should come down with the absolute $#$#-hammer of hell and say, "I don't care if you are happy or unhappy, if you like the offense or don't like the offense, I don't care if you are tired or fresh, when you walk out on the field you play as well as you are able to play -- or at least ACT like it. If you don't, you ain't getting another GD dime of our money and we'll take your a55 to court to make sure of it."

Send a shot across the bow of any other drama-queens in the league thinking of pulling this $#$# -- DON'T.

Edited by TJ

I don't know man... it seems to me that only having two players from a draft class on your roster 2 years later IS a complete disaster. Especially when you consider the Lions traded up for Leshoure who looks to be an average NFL RB at best. That's why the Lions are who they are IMO. Failure year after year to find quality players in the mid & late rounds.

Exactly. The real disaster is trading up to get a completely average NFL running back, one who could easily have been picked up off the waiver wire....just like Joique Bell.

Exactly. The real disaster is trading up to get a completely average NFL running back, one who could easily have been picked up off the waiver wire....just like Joique Bell.

The way the league has become a passing league and running backs tend to burn out, there is no way you should draft a RB any higher than the 4th round, unless it looks like a total home run like an Adrian Peterson.

nd1377.....I will bet you $1 that Titus does not make the Rams team when the regular season starts. If he makes the practice squad it's a push. You in?

Maybe the Lions could get Randy Moss......he's the best WR in NFL history - just ask him.

How about over/under on number of catches Mr. Young makes the rest of his NFL career - I will set the bar at 25.

I'll say under.

I'll take the Over on it.

Backus I don't have any particular hate for -- I think he is still a somewhat-below-average OL although not sub-replacement level -- he would be OK as a backup or spot starter.

And I DO think that Backus is actually a pretty good influence on the team because he works hard and keeps his mouth shut. Yeah he gets beat sometimes but he doesn't alibi or make excuses for it.

Which brings us to Raiola.

Much is made about how much of a 'veteran leader' Raiola is and you know what -- THAT'S A BIG PART OF THE LIONS' PROBLEM.

You know what kind of player Raiola is? He's a 'yapper.' He's always yapping, running his mouth at somebody. Everything is always somebody else's fault. The other team is cheating, the refs are making bad calls, the media is out to get us, the fans have the nerve to boo us, yadda yadda blah blah boo hoo.

Raiola is always pointing the finger, making up scapegoats, and figuring out somebody ELSE to blame everything on -- except himself. This whole "everything is somebody else's fault" pervades the whole locker room, especially when younger players see one of the "veteran leaders," a very subpar player in his own right, continually carrying on with it and not only allowed to get away with it, but REWARDED, with the status of "locker room leader."

This falls on the coaches who have allowed a subpar center like Raiola, who gets tossed around like a rag doll on every running play, tossed five yards backwards into the QB's lap to blow up every running play before it even begins, to assume the role of "veteran leader." Somebody several years ago, somebody like Mooch or Marinelli, should have told Raiola, "Sit the hell down and shut the hell up. You ain't a good enough player to run your mouth. Quit getting thrown on your Arse on every play and maybe somebody will pay attention to what you have to say."

But nobody ever said that so now here we are.

Edited by TJ

Backus I don't have any particular hate for -- I think he is still a somewhat-below-average OL although not sub-replacement level -- he would be OK as a backup or spot starter.

And I DO think that Backus is actually a pretty good influence on the team because he works hard and keeps his mouth shut. Yeah he gets beat sometimes but he doesn't alibi or make excuses for it.

Which brings us to Raiola.

Much is made about how much of a 'veteran leader' Raiola is and you know what -- THAT'S A BIG PART OF THE LIONS' PROBLEM.

You know what kind of player Raiola is? He's a 'yapper.' He's always yapping, running his mouth at somebody. Everything is always somebody else's fault. The other team is cheating, the refs are making bad calls, the media is out to get us, the fans have the nerve to boo us, yadda yadda blah blah boo hoo.

Raiola is always pointing the finger, making up scapegoats, and figuring out somebody ELSE to blame everything on -- except himself. This whole "everything is somebody else's fault" pervades the whole locker room, especially when younger players see one of the "veteran leaders," a very subpar player in his own right, continually carrying on with it and not only allowed to get away with it, but REWARDED, with the status of "locker room leader."

This falls on the coaches who have allowed a subpar center like Raiola, who gets tossed around like a rag doll on every running play, tossed five yards backwards into the QB's lap to blow up every running play before it even begins, to assume the role of "veteran leader." Somebody several years ago, somebody like Mooch or Marinelli, should have told Raiola, "Sit the hell down and shut the hell up. You ain't a good enough player to run your mouth. Quit getting thrown on your Arse on every play and maybe somebody will pay attention to what you have to say."

But nobody ever said that so now here we are.

Good post.

And I guess keeping Backus around wouldn't be so awful. Mainly Raiola has to go. If the losing culture is to change, most of the losers have to go.

Does anybody seriously think that anything Dominic Raiola has ever said has significantly impacted the Lions' performance on the field?

but you're just as likely to end up with Keiland Williams or Tatum Bell