Gozer

Enjoy life after the NFL Titus...

I think he might be mentally ill. I hope they get the NFL involved.

A sense of entitlement and inflated sense of worth and skill don't constitute a mental illness, it's just the sign of being trashy. If those were the requirements for a mental illness I suspect that a very vast portion of our population is mentally ill; I must work with at least 6 or 7 mentally ill people alone.

I think he might be mentally ill. I hope they get the NFL involved.

I agree. He is in need of some kind of mental help.

A sense of entitlement and inflated sense of worth and skill don't constitute a mental illness, it's just the sign of being trashy. If those were the requirements for a mental illness I suspect that a very vast portion of our population is mentally ill; I must work with at least 6 or 7 mentally ill people alone.

Exactly. He's not mentally ill, he's an *** hole. He's had his attitude since college (which is why he ends up at Boise St.). Some people never grow up or grow up too late. The clock is ticking for Titus, but he's definitely not mentally ill.

I think he's bi-polar. He reminds me of someone who is close to me who has the same problem.

Exactly. He's not mentally ill, he's an *** hole. He's had his attitude since college (which is why he ends up at Boise St.). Some people never grow up or grow up too late. The clock is ticking for Titus, but he's definitely not mentally ill.

this

I feel like we could still probably get something in trade for him. Maybe as high as a 4th even. I mean, if he was in the draft, I imagine someone would take a gamble on him by then. Teams take gambles on bad character guys all the time in the 4th and beyond, usually with less talent than Titus. Plus you get the added bonus of knowing he can produce at least somewhat in the NFL. He's got what, 75 catches in his 2 years? Not great or special, but not bust level either.

I feel like we could still probably get something in trade for him. Maybe as high as a 4th even. I mean, if he was in the draft, I imagine someone would take a gamble on him by then. Teams take gambles on bad character guys all the time in the 4th and beyond, usually with less talent than Titus. Plus you get the added bonus of knowing he can produce at least somewhat in the NFL. He's got what, 75 catches in his 2 years? Not great or special, but not bust level either.

We'd be lucky to get a 6th or 7th if anything. No one is going trade for this clown...why would they? Everyone knows we have to cut him loose.

I think he's bi-polar. He reminds me of someone who is close to me who has the same problem.

Young has not displayed, at least by anything we can see, any type of bi-polar tendencies. He hasn't been manic nor has he displayed depressive tendencies. The guy is an a-hole, plain and simple.

I think people are too quick to throw around mental issues as an excuse, Young has none of these problems, he is just a selfish jerk.

Young has not displayed, at least by anything we can see, any type of bi-polar tendencies. He hasn't been manic nor has he displayed depressive tendencies. The guy is an a-hole, plain and simple.

I think people are too quick to throw around mental issues as an excuse, Young has none of these problems, he is just a selfish jerk.

Not to mention, this has been going on since college...if he had a true mental illness, I have to imagine NFL teams and their doctors would've spotted it an diagnosed it before committing millions of dollars and a high draft pick on him. If he does have a mental illness I blame Mayhew and his staff 100% for not figuring that out before drafting him. But, I don't think that is the case; I think some people are just trash, Titus Young seems to be one of them. He has an opportunity that most people would DIE for, he is getting paid millions of dollars to play a game and he is wasting it by acting like an immature child.

Would you trade a 4th round pick for Young? Be honest with yourself. Titus Young has been lining up opposite Calvin Johnson in the most pass happy offense in history and still posted well below average numbers. He has only averaged 38 yards/game over the last two seasons, nothing stellar especially considering the offense he played in. Now, take into account the penalties, punching out of teammates, arguing with the coaching staff, stealing routes, running the wrong routes, etc. and you think a team would trade a 4th round pick for a below average receiver with all of those issues?

Isn't violent outbursts and loss of temper a sign? He did quite a job on Delmas last summer.

Would you trade a 4th round pick for Young? Be honest with yourself. Titus Young has been lining up opposite Calvin Johnson in the most pass happy offense in history and still posted well below average numbers. He has only averaged 38 yards/game over the last two seasons, nothing stellar especially considering the offense he played in. Now, take into account the penalties, punching out of teammates, arguing with the coaching staff, stealing routes, running the wrong routes, etc. and you think a team would trade a 4th round pick for a below average receiver with all of those issues?

Yeah I don't see that happening either. Now I know the situations aren't the same since I'm sure the age and salaries were different but I remember the Patriots only traded a 4th for Randy Moss when he was still in his prime And the Eagles only had to give up a fifth and Brandon Whiting for a prime Terrell Owens. So two of the best receivers in the history of football went for peanuts in trades so I don't think another troubled receiver in Titus would go for anything more than a 6th round pick.

I would just like to say that I dropped my AAL Young around week 8. Don't let him sully me more than I can do on my own.

Yeah I don't see that happening either. Now I know the situations aren't the same since I'm sure the age and salaries were different but I remember the Patriots only traded a 4th for Randy Moss when he was still in his prime And the Eagles only had to give up a fifth and Brandon Whiting for a prime Terrell Owens. So two of the best receivers in the history of football went for peanuts in trades so I don't think another troubled receiver in Titus would go for anything more than a 6th round pick.

Exactly, teams seemingly don't want problem starters on their team. I get that teams take waivers on players in the draft that have question marks due to off the field or issues or attitude problems, but those are usually extremely young men who still have a shot to be salvaged. Titus Young will be 24, which obviously isn't old by any stretch but he has been in the league for two years and is still an ***. If has hasn't been able to mature over the last two years and could arguably be worse now than in college, I just don't see teams coveting that type of player. He isn't talented enough for teams to put up with his drama.

I probably wouldn't, but it wouldn't be an automatic no either. He has his issues, but like I said, people draft hardcore character issues later in the draft(if not early) all the time. That's about the time you start gambling. Young hasn't been great as far as production, but he hasn't been terrible either. 10 TDs in 26 games, Decent ypc. How many 4th or 5th round receivers even last in the league more than a year or so, let alone give you actual production? If I'm rebuilding, I don't touch him, but if I have a solid team with some leaders and another WR is one of my last pieces, I definitely consider it. Its a fair argument that Young isn't fixable, but some might think they could get him on track.

Addition by subtraction. I don't like the fact that they'll lose money, & if they can get another team to take him then fine - all that matters right now is that he's not on the team this fall.

I don't think he's mentally ill at all. As others here are saying, he is just a flat-out a-hole. One of you mentioned Patriots. I'm sorry, everyone now knows that he PURPOSELY lined up and ran the wrong route to show up his coach. Believe me that will probably eliminate any chance that about 20 teams would take him. Someone will get desperate enough to give him a chance - and trust me on this - he will blow it. He'll also blow through all his money before he's 30 (if he gets that far).

I had heard that the only reason he has yet to be cut is that during the time between the conference championships and the Super Bowl, the NFL does not allow other teams to make major moves. Next Monday, he's gone. But I agree with what another poster here said. The Lions should sue him for breech of contract.

TO weighs in and I'm not sure what to to make of it. Almost sounds like he's telling Titus he's not good enough to be a diva.

Terrell Owens offers Titus Young some advice

By Josh Alper

January 28, 2013, 9:00 AM EST

With a couple of Twitter outbursts in recent weeks, Lions wide receiver Titus Young is showing some real potential when it comes to receivers flashing their diva side about not getting the ball enough to satisfy them.

Young’s a neophyte in that arena, but his missives have caught the eye of perhaps the greatest diva receiver in the history of diva receivers. Terrell Owens, a man who could have found a way to throw a quarterback under the bus after a game in which every single pass was thrown in his direction, has heard about Young’s complaints and offered a bit of advice for a player who has shown plenty of Owens-style attitude and very little Owens-style production.

“He has to understand that Calvin (Johnson is) the No. 1 receiver, and being the No. 2 receiver, you have to go with the flow of the offense and when your time comes, make the plays,” Owens said while also telling Young to “know his role.”

Well that’s a little disappointing. We were hoping Owens would join Young for some driveway squat thrusts to send a message about whatever it is that calisthenics in an area usually used for parking send a message about. Perhaps it is the change of circumstances that accounts of Owens’ thoroughly reasonable advice.

Owens is now the owner of a professional bowling team and moving to management might have altered his viewpoint. According to the Detroit News, his team, the Dallas Strikers, dominated the Silver Lake Atom Splitters after Owens rolled out the ceremonial first ball on Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/terrell-owens-offers-some-advice-to-titus-young/

I probably wouldn't, but it wouldn't be an automatic no either. He has his issues, but like I said, people draft hardcore character issues later in the draft(if not early) all the time. That's about the time you start gambling. Young hasn't been great as far as production, but he hasn't been terrible either. 10 TDs in 26 games, Decent ypc. How many 4th or 5th round receivers even last in the league more than a year or so, let alone give you actual production? If I'm rebuilding, I don't touch him, but if I have a solid team with some leaders and another WR is one of my last pieces, I definitely consider it. Its a fair argument that Young isn't fixable, but some might think they could get him on track.

I think that there is a very outside chance that an established team with veteran leadership could take a chance on him, I just don't think we could ever get anything higher than a 6th round pick. Like was said before, if Randy Moss only got a 4th round pick I just don't think there is any way Titus Young gets a 4th. Granted, Titus Young is younger than Moss was when he was traded for (24 vs. 28/29) but I still don't think any team would value him that highly.

Randy Moss was not your average situation either. Plus Titus makes almost no money.

And has almost no above average talents.

Nobody would be interested in trading for him.

this is correct. If Titus is released.....I don't see an NFL team offering him a training camp invite right now. Maybe in 2014 teams may give him a chance. But not this summer. There is no way teams can deal with a 2nd year player pretty much giving up.