Gozer

Enjoy life after the NFL Titus...

I think any receiver with good speed would work next to Johnson and would have similar numbers to Young in the Lions pass happy offense.

Given the red flags that should have been evident surrounding Young, the risk was definitely not worth the reward as a high second round pick.

Based on your theory, I'm really looking forward to Fuller being a stud! With CJ, Stud Fuller, Broyles, Burleson, Bush.... we are absolutely unstoppable!!

Now they tacked a couple more charges against him for breaking into multiple houses.

And his dad blames it on concussions he suffered. How long until he sues the NFL and the Lions? When does the statute run? Another year since he had his first concussion?

Now they tacked a couple more charges against him for breaking into multiple houses.

And his dad blames it on concussions he suffered. How long until he sues the NFL and the Lions? When does the statute run? Another year since he had his first concussion?

Anybody worried that the Lions are not sufficiently supporting Titus financially (in addition to the contract money he already defrauded them out of) need not worry about it; they will probably end up shelling out some more big bucks just to make the lawsuit go away.

Anybody worried that the Lions are not sufficiently supporting Titus financially...

Is there really anybody worried about this?

Is there really anybody worried about this?

A couple of hand-wringers on this thread have been whimpering that the Lions have some 'responsibility' to 'help' Titus.

A couple of hand-wringers on this thread have been whimpering that the Lions have some 'responsibility' to 'help' Titus.

Lions tried to help him but he refused. You can lead a person to water but you can't make them drink...

Lions tried to help him but he refused. You can lead a person to water but you can't make them drink...

Maybe that horse has a drinking problem? Did you ever think of that? You're so irresponsible.

Maybe that horse has a drinking problem? Did you ever think of that? You're so irresponsible.

Thanks... His family would rather he stay in jail to get help. You can't hog tie someone and make them get help unless the police force the person to get a psych evaluation.

Thanks... His family would rather he stay in jail to get help. You can't hog tie someone and make them get help unless the police force the person to get a psych evaluation.

It was a joke...

Well played.

As someone that suffers from Asbergers and knows kind of what Titus is going through. Really hope he gets his life back together. As hope he will seek health if he does have a mental illness. It is the right kind of help though.

You have Asbergers ?

The only time somebody like that truly gets help is when THEY and only they realize they have a problem. Doing it to appease a family, or job or a court does not work. I don't buy the concussion b.s., I don't buy that he has some form of autism. My long distance diagnosis is that he suffers from a**hole-ism. His whole life he got away with this condition because he was a superior athlete and people wanted him to play. He is no longer an athlete that anyone wants, so he no longer gets away with it and he hasn't figured it out yet, so he digs a deeper hole. Mayhew should have been fired over drafting him and Best so high (and I like Best, but it was way too risky).

A coworker randomly mentioned  Titus Young and I was curious as to whatever happened to him, especially in light of the recent celebrity suicides. Found this article from January:

Mental illness or brain injury? Driven by voices to commit crime, Titus Young is in prison but still believes he could play in the NFL

A few excerpts:

While packing for a trip to Las Vegas in 2012, Maldonado heard Young telling someone to stop recording. He was speaking to a smoke detector. The device beeped every few seconds because of a low battery. Young thought the detector contained a camera. Maldonado realized something was wrong, something deeper than the passing effects of a concussion.

The day after the Lions released Young in February 2013, the Rams claimed him. He lasted 10 days.

Young ended up outside Robinson’s home, rambling that he would be the Rams’ top receiver in the coming season. He appeared to be in a daze. Robinson reminded Young the Rams had cut him. Young didn’t understand.

When Phillips stopped at a gas station not long afterward, Young tried to exit the car to escape invisible pursuers.

“They’re going to get us,” he told his cousin.

“Having bipolar has pretty much torn down my life,” Young wrote in the diary. “It’s been four years of fighting so many different behaviors. When I was first diagnosed, I didn’t want to believe it because I felt my life was too perfect to have bipolar. Football players don’t take medicine. I’m macho. Put me back on the field. But, no, that’s really not what I needed.”

I then found this old thread that did not age well. Hoping awareness of mental illness has improved over the past 4 years, along with knowledge of what CTE can do to a person's decision making. 

42 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I then found this old thread that did not age well.

seriously.  nastro thought mikael leshoure still had a chance to pan out!  thats crazy talk.