Gozer

Enjoy life after the NFL Titus...

What a meltdown. The guy has a really good rookie season with no incidents and then completely collapses over the next twelve months completely as a result of his own stupidity and selfish behavior to the point where nobody in the league is going to touch this guy. It's just unbelievable.

Here are two of his tweets listed on the link above:

"Like I said I never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football i don't want to play anymore"

"Never have I ran the wrong route, just put my self where the ball was going"

Just... wow... Talk about someone who doesn't get it at all. Trade him for a 7th round. The kid had flashes and looked promising, but this is just way too much. Cut your losses and move on. Hopefully he grows up and learns how the world works, but I don't want to waste the time and roster spot for him to try and figure it out.

Supposedly he has an operation coming up on his knee. Let's get the doctor to perform the operation on the wrong knee, then when he complains the doctor can say: "Look, I didn't perform the wrong surgery. I just cut where a knee was and it happened to be the other side of your body from the knee you wanted me to work on." According to Titus logic, that should be okay.

The standard NFL player contract contains a paragraph (right up near the top) stating the player will perform to the best of his physical ability.

Terminate his contract. Today. Not another penny. Affimative breach of contract. Cancel his medical coverage too.

Go to court seeking repayment of all his paychecks since it was established he was tanking plays on purpose. Get coaches and teammates (Stafford!!!!!) to testify to that effect.

Put Stafford on the stand: "Mr. Stafford, you are a professional football quarterback, correct?"

STAFFORD: "Yes."

"In the game in question, you threw four passes in a row at least 25 yards from the receiver. Were you drunk? On drugs? Didn't know the plays? Or are you just a horrible passer in the habit of throwing the ball 25 yards from the receiver? Tell us exactly why the ball went 25 yards from the receiver."

Sue Titus's a55 into the ground.

Of course the money is all blown, but just do it anyway so if any other team signs him up, the Lions will get some of the money back.

Edited by TJ

I don't know why the guy is even in the news anymore. The Lions just need to cut the cord already.

From the sound of those tweets, I'm guessing that Mr. Young has already been told of his fate and now he's just trying to save face.

From the sound of those tweets, I'm guessing that Mr. Young has already been told of his fate and now he's just trying to save face.

that sounds plausible. OR, he's desperately in need of a score and told his dealer that he'd fix things with the Lions so he could front him some crack. (Can you tell that I've been watching The Wire lately?)

Coming out of College was he known as a Selfish player?

Not really, although there he was a star and didn't have to play second fiddle or even third fiddle like he did in Detroit. He had good support around him, from all accounts Jefferson was a good coach and Kellen Moore was on the team all year, his Boise QB.

He is a selfish player, plain and simple, nothing you can do with players like him, he needs to be cut and we need to move on.

Titus D Young Sr ‏@TitusDYoungSr

2 All the Detroit fans that are speaking against me, #ItwasjustAllgoodjustaweekago

Umm no it wasn't?

Here are two of his tweets listed on the link above:

"Like I said I never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football i don't want to play anymore"

"Never have I ran the wrong route, just put my self where the ball was going"

Just because it's fun to do, let's compare Titus comments to another young player in Detroit. One Rick Porcello:

What's Porcello's take on all the trade talk? The topic was broached during today's leg of the Winter Caravan by Matthew B. Mowery of The Oakland Press:

"I’m preparing to go down to Spring Training and get ready for a season like I would any other year. If something changes, then I’ll adjust accordingly. Right now, I’m ready to do whatever I can to help this team win. Obviously, hopefully win a spot in the rotation, otherwise do whatever I can to help the club. That’s it. That’s my job."

Rumor mongering: Diamondbacks could flip SS prospect Nick Ahmed for Rick Porcello - Bless You Boys

Now, Porcello is about 9 months older than Young according to the calendar. But, I suspect he's more like 9 years or more older in maturity.

Titus Young continues his Twitter drive to leave Lions

By Josh Alper

January 25, 2013, 9:21 AM EST

Earlier this week, Lions wide receiver Titus Young took to Twitter to say that he would retire from football if he didn’t get the ball more often.

That missive was met with a response from coach Jim Schwartz that consisted of the relatively reasonable response that it was a bad idea to go on Twitter to complain about your touches after a season that saw you get essentially kicked off the team for detrimental conduct. Schwartz said that there was “obviously still some ground to cover” in regard to getting Young on the same page with the team.

Young doesn’t seem to have taken all that kindly to Schwartz’s response. He was back on Twitter Friday morning with another message for the team.

“Oh I’m not done, if y’all going to cut me let me go. I’m tired of the threats,” Young tweeted. “Never needed the money Give me a dollar and a ball bet I come back*#HallofFame”

It feels like we’re just waiting for the start of the league year for Young’s eventual permanent departure from the Lions to become a reality. We probably won’t be waiting too long past the start of the league year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/25/titus-young-is-back-on-twitter/

Whiny little *****.

Part of me wishes the Lions would just keep him and make him sit on the bench all season.

He'll never play for us again, obviously, and he should never play again for anyone.

But my prediction now is that you will see Titus Young again... as a Patriot.

He'll never play for us again, obviously, and he should never play again for anyone.

But my prediction now is that you will see Titus Young again... as a Patriot.

With whom he'll have 1,000 yards receiving and 10+ touchdowns...

Some times gambles don't work. This gamble seems to be one of those times.

He truly needs to get help. He is completely misguided, a complete mess. I feel bad for him.

I'm not happy with Titus, but I'd almost rather try to salvage the situation than cut him. I don't think we gain a lot by cutting him. Like some guys on 97.1 were saying, its possible that he can become a Vernon Davis type story if we handle it right.

I don't trust this staff to handle it right. I can't think of a single player who has been made better by coming here, or who has out-played his draft status.

He truly needs to get help. He is completely misguided, a complete mess. I feel bad for him.

For the life of me, I can’t understand how anyone can feel bad for this guy. He has been given every opportunity to clean his act up and succeed here, but he chooses to be a complete jerk and malcontent about everything. He’s a grown man acting like a petulant child… it’s just absurd.

Another Mayhew FAIL… Cut him yesterday!

For the life of me, I can’t understand how anyone can feel bad for this guy. He has been given every opportunity to clean his act up and succeed here, but he chooses to be a complete jerk and malcontent about everything. He’s a grown man acting like a petulant child… it’s just absurd.

Another Mayhew FAIL… Cut him yesterday!

I think he might be mentally ill. I hope they get the NFL involved.