DaYooperASBDT

*** THE 2013 ADOPT A TIGER DRAFT ***

Hope I didn't hold anybody up, but things have been a little hectic at my house. At 2:30 Sunday morning, I lost the man who introduced me to Tigers baseball as a child. My dad was such a beautiful connection to the past of Tigers baseball, always sharing stories with me about his favorite players. He was a huge fan of guys like Mickey Stanley, who could play so many different positions, so I thought about taking Don Kelly with my choice this year - but I've decided to go in a different direction. My parents were separated when I was 2, so I only saw my dad on weekends. Still, every Saturday he'd be there like clockwork, & we'd spend summers playing catch and listening to Ernie Harwell & Paul Carey do the broadcasts. It was this time together that gave me a love not only for baseball, but for radio - which I have made my profession for more than half my life. So with my pick in the 2013 AAT Draft, I select:

DAN DICKERSON, PLAY BY PLAY ANNOUNCER

You have my condolences, dj.

With the 38th selection . . . . . davidsb selects . . . . . the Marlboro Man . . . . . Perrysburg very own . . . . .

Jim Leyland

Leylandweb_zps910555ae.jpgLeyland64sm_zps210ea46a.jpg

Wow, those are some... unique... Photoshop jobs there.

By my estimates, with Mel's pick, I am up, so let's go with:

Luis Marte

756259547_e8fbf9a8d4_z.jpg

This is funny looking at the EXIF data from this shot. Took it with my old D50, hehe.

Looks like I can make a selection now. I select, hopefully the future long-term 2B, Harold Castro!!!

Thanks for running this again, Yoop!

drownwithyou selects the unhittable one,

Brayan Villarreal, RP

41 Los Gatos ************************ ON THE CLOCK 6:03p ******************************

44 Frink ************************ ON THE CLOCK 7:35p ******************************

45 bugmanson

46 plantcitytigersfan

47 peze23

48 TheCouga

49 Imminent Threat

50 A.J.K.

51 VegasTiger - begin with three on clock at once

52 Big Frame

53 Charles Liston (trade)

54 tigernut

55 slim pickens

56 DWPerkins - LIST SUBMITTED

57 Gehringer_2

58 iholly

59 JAYB

60 ben9753

61 tiger337 (trade)

62 Punk42AE

63 redshark63

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

By the way - IS Scott Pickens still the bullpen catcher? Every game I saw last year, Jeff Kunkel (former UM All-American) was the bullpen catcher. Which allows me to break this picture out:

36595251.jpg

Hope I didn't hold anybody up, but things have been a little hectic at my house. At 2:30 Sunday morning, I lost the man who introduced me to Tigers baseball as a child. My dad was such a beautiful connection to the past of Tigers baseball, always sharing stories with me about his favorite players. He was a huge fan of guys like Mickey Stanley, who could play so many different positions, so I thought about taking Don Kelly with my choice this year - but I've decided to go in a different direction. My parents were separated when I was 2, so I only saw my dad on weekends. Still, every Saturday he'd be there like clockwork, & we'd spend summers playing catch and listening to Ernie Harwell & Paul Carey do the broadcasts. It was this time together that gave me a love not only for baseball, but for radio - which I have made my profession for more than half my life. So with my pick in the 2013 AAT Draft, I select:

DAN DICKERSON, PLAY BY PLAY ANNOUNCER

Excellent pick, and an excellent way to honor your Dad's memory.

I'm going to take a flier on a guy that had a darned good year last year, Tommy Collier.

Thanks for doing this, Yoop!

Right on. Collier was my AAT last season, and I had fun tracking his progress. I hope has a solid season this year.

By the way - IS Scott Pickens still the bullpen catcher? Every game I saw last year, Jeff Kunkel (former UM All-American) was the bullpen catcher. Which allows me to break this picture out:

36595251.jpg

I have a Kunkel on my wall of caps also.

Pickens is still the main bullpen catcher, he usually hides in the bullpen and lets Kunkel do most of the warming up

I will take Ramon Santiago with my pick. He had a rough year last year, and people are ready to throw him overboard, but he has contributed wonderfully as a part-timer for quite a few years, and I'm confident that if he's given the chance, he'll turn his numbers around this year.

I will take Ramon Santiago with my pick. He had a rough year last year, and people are ready to throw him overboard, but he has contributed wonderfully as a part-timer for quite a few years, and I'm confident that if he's given the chance, he'll turn his numbers around this year.

Just a heads up, TigersFan took Ramon back a few picks ago.

More love for Santiago on here than what was displayed by the Tigers all of last year. Can we please get a ruling? I'm eagerly awaiting to make my selection. :happy:

With apologies to Frink (I can't update the thread from work, login issues), yeah let's keep this going.

I'll send him a PM and ask him to re-select.

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

In honor of his staying with a team through the offseason, I am proud to adopt the alum of not 1, not 2, not 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, nor 11, but 12 major league teams. Hopefully his 13th brings him one more ring.

OCTAVIO DOTEL