DaYooperASBDT

*** THE 2013 ADOPT A TIGER DRAFT ***

With the 9th pick of the 2013 MotownSports AAT, Biff Mayhem chooses Rod Allen because I can't stand him and every time I've picked an AAT they suck the joint up. Here's hoping this is the last year that Tigers fans are subjected to your idiocy Rod.

tumblr_m92mr5nBx01rq4nmbo1_400.jpg

Yoop, you're awesome at running a lottery, I've always said so. That's why I so consistently get a high pick, including this year's #27.

I've researched my picks, and have narrowed them down to 2 choices. I'm pretty sure that both will be available even if I pick at #91. So with that in mind I wish to make it known that the #27 pick is available to anyone who wants to trade up. If anyone is interested they can send me a PM to tell me what they are offering. Suggestions: cheer for the Montreal Canadiens during the 2013 season (and tell me who their leading goal-scorer will be, and how many - remember it's only 48 games); stick pins in a Mike Lombardi doll so that he does not become the GM of the Cleveland Browns (and tell me which is their greatest position of need in the 2013 draft); pay homage to the juggernaut Canadian team in the upcoming World Baseball Classic (worship them - tell me the 3 best players, and their home towns); donate $25 to the local charity of your choice (no b.s., I am trusting that it will actually be done).

CL

I've researched my picks, and have narrowed them down to 2 choices. I'm pretty sure that both will be available even if I pick at #91. So with that in mind I wish to make it known that the #27 pick is available to anyone who wants to trade up.

CL

I am certain that JayVee will trade down and urge the two of you to get this done before he makes his pick! If that happens I will donate to charity!

(I understand you want to trade down)

Edited by Al de Blanc
Making sure the morons know this is a bad attempt at humor.

Darn you CWB... I knew you'd pick Max, but I hoped he'd slip. Grr...

Now I have the enviable task of picking between:

The greatest First Baseman alive, who was also my pick last year.

The best #3 in baseball in the Mighty Fist (my AAT in 2011).

His close rival for #3 consideration, the FA re-sign following what may prove to be one of the best deadline moves ever in Detroit.

One of the most exciting Center Fielders in baseball who, if he can improve even a little bit, can make a legitimate run at MVP someday.

A top-5 young catcher, looking to make sure we know 2012 was just a fluke.

or one of the nicest, most athletic, veteran 38-year-olds in the game.

hmm....

As much as I LOVE Prince Fielder as my AAT, I feel the need to go back to a pitcher this year.

Doug Fister is completely awesome, and when he's on one of his zero-walk high-K tears, he's amazing to watch. But there's some injury history there, plus I'd like to be able to let someone else feel the power of The Fist this year...

Therefore, with the #12 pick of the 2013 Adopt-A-Tiger draft, JayVee selects #19, Aníbal Alejandro Sánchez, Jr.

Blue-Jays-Tigers-Baseball.jpg

Anibal-Sanchez-Cubs-Tigers-free-agent.jpganibal-sanchez-92612-610x400.jpg

bilde?Site=C4&Date=20121203&Category=SPORTS02&ArtNo=121203040&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Tigers-reportedly-made-insulting-offer-Anibal-Sanchez-several-weeks-agosanchez_oyo_2012_ws_zpsee35c4f8.png

anibalweb15s-1-web.jpgbilde?Site=C3&Date=20121126&Category=OPINION03&ArtNo=211260420&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0

bilde?Site=C3&Date=20121219&Category=SPORTS0104&ArtNo=212190433&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0How-Anibal-Sanchez-returned-to-Detroit-MLB-Detroit-Tigers-News-209736.jpg

anibal-sanchezjpg-a051d743757f5be8.jpg

2013 AAT DRAFT ORDER & RESULTS:

1 estrepe1 - Jake Thompson, SP

2 treyKemper - Nick Castellanos, OF/3B

3 Dirk Diggler - Austin Schotts, OF

4 TigersFan81371 - Danry Vasquez, OF

5 KleShreen - Kate Verlander, SP

Kate?

Someone is up ton no good.

Official word from Jason Beck:

Here’s the full list of non-roster invites:
  • Right-handed pitchers: Trevor Bell, Shawn Hill, Michael Morrison
  • Left-handed pitchers: Jose Alvarez, Kenny Faulk, Ryan Robowski
  • Catchers: Curt Casali, Brad Davis, James McCann
  • Infielders: Argenis Diaz, Eugenio Suarez
  • Outfielders: Tyler Collins, Daniel Fields
  • Infielder/outfielders: Nick Castellanos, Don Kelly, Kevin Russo, Matt Tuiasosopo

V Mart is released from his cursed year as my AAT and I hope he does great things this year. I would have loved to pick him again but could not risk that we had a lethal combo going. Moving on . . .

From my work station to yours, Al de Blanc's 2013 AAT draft pick is:

The greatest First Baseman alive

tumblr_lybohnca8i1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

PRINCE FIELDER !!!

Little did I know while watching a Detroit Tiger Father Son game, that little Prince would be my future AAT!

With the #14 pick, I select:

Avisail Garcia, OF

Bats: Right Throws: Right

Height: 6'4" Weight: 240 lbs.

Born: June 12, 1991

2012 Stats:

Detroit - 23 G | 47 AB | 15 H | 0 2B | 0 3B | 0 HR | 3 RBI | 0 SB | .319 BA | .373 OBP | .319 SLG | .692 OPS

Erie - 55 G | 215 AB | 67 H | 9 2B | 3 3B | 6 HR | 22 RBI | 9 SB | .312 BA | .345 OBP | .465 SLG | .810 OPS

Lakeland - 67 G | 266 AB | 77 H | 8 2B | 5 3B | 8 HR | 36 RBI | 14 SB | .289 BA | .324 OBP | .447 SLG | .771 OPS

With the 15th Pick in this year's Adopt-A-Tiger Draft, Motor City Sonics selects.

J.J. Hardy, ss

115419342.jpg

Oh wait, too soon?

Okay, then Motor City Sonics selects a fellow slow Caucasian with bad knees,

Victor Martinez, dh

VictorMartinez.jpg

Official word from Jason Beck:

Infielder/outfielders: Nick Castellanos, Don Kelly, Kevin Russo, Matt Tuiasosopo

Tuiasosopo intrigues me. I don't think he is ready in any way but he is a really good athlete. Seattle drafted him really high a few years ago. Another Daniel Fields? Maybe he will develop late. I don't count on it but that would be nice.

Matt Tuiasosopo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Little did I know while watching a Detroit Tiger Father Son game, that little Prince would be my future AAT!

Too bad that there aren't any pictures of Pete Incaviglia and Tony Phillips stuffing him into a garbage can!

Tuiasosopo intrigues me. I don't think he is ready in any way but he is a really good athlete. Seattle drafted him really high a few years ago. Another Daniel Fields? Maybe he will develop late. I don't count on it but that would be nice.

Matt Tuiasosopo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's terrible. He's a .250 minor league hitter and he's not even good enough to make the Mets or Mariners. We need to hope for much more than that.

He's terrible. He's a .250 minor league hitter and he's not even good enough to make the Mets or Mariners. We need to hope for much more than that.

How about a good interview? Looks like he might be related to Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the guy who is mixed up in the Manti Te'o mess. Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

I thought of choosing a team doctor or trainer and leaving the big whigs to people who know the game better than I... but after six years of drafting marginal players who mostly ended up... well, marginal I have decided to take one of my current favorites:

Austin Jackson, OF

I will pass on the names of Doug Fister, Brennan Boesch, and Quentin Berry among others to select fellow Lenawee County native Duane Below.

1. I saw him pitch for B-D agianst Blissfield in the district opener. He pitched against Paul Phillips (Pitched at Oakland, was a top 30 Jays prospect, wound up with the Rays, pitched in the Arizona Fall League, became a 6th year free agent, pitched in Indy ball before he won a championship this year pitching in Taiwan) and Derek Feldcamp (pitched at U of M and then in the Rays system).

2. I ended up graduating from Deerfield high school after transferring from Blissfield. Deerfield shares sports with Britton to form Britton Deerfield high school. My church parish and ex-girlfriend are also in Deerfield.

3. A few years ago, I was an assistant at this trade school for this Public Safety program. They were preparing to close the program because they deemed that we did not send enough students from our program into law enforcement. To counter this point we received past class rosters and reached out to those students to see if they used the skills learned in our program. One name I did not need to look up was a Mr. Duane Below. So we both finished a now defunct program. (Note- also while reaching out to past students I found one who was in the adult film industry.)

4. Hes been my dopt a Tiger before.

5. I do not want to jinx anyone so I will go with a player who will likely not play much of an MLB role, but heres to hoping that he will.

He was an excellent low leverage, long relief option who pulled us out of the fire early last year. Sadly, I think Leyland trusted him in some high leverage situations and he struggled, lost his confidence and then did not pitch enough until they sent him to Toledo where he was pretty terrible.

I'll go with a guy with the same first name as mine, only he can hit for a higher average, run faster and field his position better. The one, the only Andy Dirks ...

270px-Andy_Dirks_on_August_14,_2011.jpg

I'll go with a guy with the same first name as mine, only he can hit for a higher average, run faster and field his position better. The one, the only Andy Dirks ...

So are you saying you got better power than dirks?

With the 22nd pick i select phil coke. If last years playoffs are a sign of the future mr coke might be our closer or part of our closer situation this year.

Phil made us all proud with a mid to upper 90's fastball we didnt know he had! I am proud to say phil coke is my AAT