T&P_Fan

2013 NHL Discussion: News and Notes

Kessel also went off with his stick. I don't fault Kessel for the first slash at Scott, I would do the same if Scott came at me since he's huge and I don't want to die. The slashes while Scott was engaged with other players, as well as the little spear when the linesmen had Scott wrapped up were prettttttyyyyy stupid. I think Kessel should be suspended with a little mitigation because a giant plug with no actual worth in Scott tried to jump him.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that Kessel's hearing is today I believe. So we should know his likely suspension pretty soon. Just bad stuff all around. Scott started it all by being a POS, and then the Leafs upped the ante.

Brunner just signed a multi-year deal with the Devils.

The Leafs signed Mason Raymond in the last couple of days to a 1 year deal, he was there on a tryout basis. He has some wheels.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that Kessel's hearing is today I believe. So we should know his likely suspension pretty soon. Just bad stuff all around. Scott started it all by being a POS, and then the Leafs upped the ante.

All sparked by a guy with a concussion history, who had just scored a goal, decided to fight a much better fighter (apparently asked the guy to fight too) and got knocked out. It's the preseason people!

The Leafs signed Mason Raymond in the last couple of days to a 1 year deal, he was there on a tryout basis. He has some wheels.

I've always liked his game and think his contract is a steal, but he cannot stay healthy.

Brunner just signed a multi-year deal with the Devils.

Isn't it just 2 years at $2.5mm? If so, I think it is a fair contract for both sides.

Isn't it just 2 years at $2.5mm? If so, I think it is a fair contract for both sides.

This is what the Wings supposedly offered him before they were told he was moving on. I agree it seems pretty fair for both sides.

Brunner did take two penalties in the third tonight with his team winning.

Kessel was suspended for the rest of the preseason and won't miss any regular season action, which starts Tuesday.

Well that was a quick off-season. Season is here, Leafs play the Habs in Montreal at 7pm. This is the year.

Well that was a quick off-season. Season is here, Leafs play the Habs in Montreal at 7pm. This is the year.

Do you want to start a new 2013-2014 NHL Discussion thread?