T&P_Fan

2013 NHL Discussion: News and Notes

4-1, 5-1, who gives a ****?

That was 60 minutes of pure domination. The Leafs looked like they flew in the Panthers players and had them dress for the game.

4-1, 5-1, who gives a ****?

That was 60 minutes of pure domination. The Leafs looked like they flew in the Panthers players and had them dress for the game.

The Leafs looked ugly last night, Boston had puck possession pretty much the entire game.

Eller gets a suicide pass and gets destroyed by a clean hit. 5 and a game for interference, of course. An absolutle travishamockery of a call.

yNOwP3fUW6c

Some remarkable stats about the Canucks, who currently trail their series with San Jose 2-0.

- have lost 7 of their past 8 playoff games

- have lost 6 straight home playoff games

- have scored 19 goals in their past 14 playoff games

The Canucks stink in the playoffs.

On the other hand, the leafs played much better against the bruins tonight and got the win to even the series. Kessel even got a goal! Really pumped about tonight.

Sunday quadruple- header starts with the Pens escaping 5-4 on a powerplay goal in OT after blowing a 2-goal 3 rd period lead.

And the second of the quad goes into OT as well, with Minny beating the Hawkies after Chicago had tied it late in 3rd.

Every team apart from the Rangers and Canucks has won at least a game in this round so far.

The East sure has some ridiculous games in the playoffs. Senators ventilate Price for a half-dozen in a 6-1 win. Featured an all-out brawl in the 3rd.

The Canucks circus continues. Schneider starts. Gives up 5 goals in 44 minutes including 3 in first 4 minutes of the 3rd. Replaced by Luongo. Sharks win 5-2, lead the series 3-0.

The East sure has some ridiculous games in the playoffs. Senators ventilate Price for a half-dozen in a 6-1 win. Featured an all-out brawl in the 3rd.

I thought the Habs embarrassed themselves last night. And then Michel Therrien has the gull to call Maclean classless for calling a timeout, ridiculous.

Game 3 of the leafs/bruins tonight, I bet Toronto is a fun time right now.

Toronto seems electric. Thousands of people watching on streets outside. Leafs might be most scrutinized team locally in terms of number and range of media outlets in all of North American sports aside from the Yankees.

Toronto seems electric. Thousands of people watching on streets outside. Leafs might be most scrutinized team locally in terms of number and range of media outlets in all of North American sports aside from the Yankees.

No question. If the Leafs have a playoff home game on a weekend I am driving to Toronto to be part of it. I have been waiting for this for so long. This is my team, my squad, the organization that I have followed more than any other. I became a Leafs fan at 7 years old and it only gets stronger.

No question. If the Leafs have a playoff home game on a weekend I am driving to Toronto to be part of it. I have been waiting for this for so long. This is my team, my squad, the organization that I have followed more than any other. I became a Leafs fan at 7 years old and it only gets stronger.

I"m not sure if you're old enough to remember the Maple Leaf Gardens days, but there was NOTHING like getting off at the College subway stop and walking the gauntlet of scalpers as you ascended up the steps to the Carleton street level about 50 metres from the Gardens' entrance. With the smell of roasted chestnuts wafting. The atmosphere just walloped you across the face. I went to the University of Toronto and lived right downtown and so many times at around 6:45pm on a Wednesday night you'd just yell out your dorm room into the hallway "hey, who wants to go to the Leafs game" and 20 minutes later you and a few buds would be seated in the $9 greys.

I"m not sure if you're old enough to remember the Maple Leaf Gardens days, but there was NOTHING like getting off at the College subway stop and walking the gauntlet of scalpers as you ascended up the steps to the Carleton street level about 50 metres from the Gardens' entrance. With the smell of roasted chestnuts wafting. The atmosphere just walloped you across the face. I went to the University of Toronto and lived right downtown and so many times at around 6:45pm on a Wednesday night you'd just yell out your dorm room into the hallway "hey, who wants to go to the Leafs game" and 20 minutes later you and a few buds would be seated in the $9 greys.

Wow, envy comes to mind after reading this. I watched my first game in Toronto in 2000, just after they moved to the ACC. I got to take a tour of the The Garden, but I knew it wasn't the same. I feel robbed of that experience. That is why I drove to New York to watch a game in old Yankee Stadium. I've always liked you as a poster, but now even more so. You got to do things I wish I could have.

Vancouver is swept and embarrassed in the playoffs for a second straight year. You've got to think that heads will start rolling now in the Northwest, right?

Well, let's see if the Leafs can rebound from Monday night. Have to tie it up tonight or this is probably a 5 game series.

Marc-Andre Fluery has given up 14 goals over his last 3 games. YIKES that is bad!

Vokoun announced as the starter for the next game.

Vokoun announced as the starter for the next game.

That is a good choice. My buddy is a die-hard Pens fan, he asked me what the Pens need to do to beat the Islanders after last nights game. I said, "Start Vokoun."

Vancouver is swept and embarrassed in the playoffs for a second straight year. You've got to think that heads will start rolling now in the Northwest, right?

Vigneault is 80-90% gone as coach. But no obvious replacement. Lindy Ruff is too defensive-oriented for the current roster for example.

Maybe a 30% chance that Gillis is gone as GM. He does deserve much of the blame according to many - bungled the goaltending situation, wasted contracts with David Booth and Keith Ballard, trade of Cody Hodgson, various deadline deals that didn't work.

Sedins entering last year of contract but unlikely to be shopped. Because who would take them both?! They refuse to be split up.

The Hockey News rates the Canucks prospect pool 29th out of 30th. There is nothing in the hopper.

Too many Canucks have long-term and/or no trade contracts.

The Canucks are moving to a tougher division next year.

No goalie in the NHL controls rebounds worse than James Reimer, what a turkey. And Dion Phanuef, I am shocked this guy can even put on his pants by himself in the morning, he puts the D in Dolt. I have never seen a player with such terrible instincts on the ice.

The Leafs have the same franchise trajectory as the Red Sox in my estimation, and we haven't yet reached the Buckner moment, it's only going to get worse.

First dud night of the playoffs. Sens eliminate Habs in a blowout. Pens blow out the Isles to go up 3-2. Hawks eliminating the Wild in a blowout.