T&P_Fan

2013 NHL Discussion: News and Notes

Lightning offering season tickets for $200. Wow.

Assuming a 24 game home schedule, that is less than $9 a game.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

NHL governor inside the room via text: ``It's been ratified.''

Now up to the players

Update from NHLPA: vote is now expected to be held Friday-Saturday, no longer Thursday-Friday

Hmm will that push back camps till Monday? Sounded like the Thurs/Fri would mean open Camps Sunday.

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

Expect players ratification vote on Friday and Saturday (electronically) and for camps to open on Sunday (tentatively).

FYI NHL training camps still expected to open on Sunday

I guess not.

Lightning offering season tickets for $200. Wow.

Assuming a 24 game home schedule, that is less than $9 a game.

Dang I wish I lived near them, even though I'm not a fan.

Dang I wish I lived near them, even though I'm not a fan.

You'd probably still have to pay $20 or so per game to park, then you'd purchase food and drinks. The tickets are a great deal but it's still an expensive activity overall.

True, but I enjoy watching hockey so much I'd find a way to work out parking/transportation/food. There always seem to be options to park or eat away from stadiums. Plus I could just sell or give away tickets if I couldn't afford the extras, less than $9 isn't going to kill me to give away.

Really I've just wanted season tickets to a NHL team my entire life and this is the closest thing I'd be able to afford so far!

Asked Bettman about his future during the newser and he made it clear he's not planning on going anywhere...

Yay!...

No one plans to be fired.

What would it take to get him out of his position?

Death. The owners love him. He works for the owners. Nothing to see here.

LOLeafs

That about sums it up correctly. Can't wait to rock my Leafs Sundin Jersey on Friday.

By the way, by far my favorite hockey player Twitter account is Luongo's. It is Strombone1 . Started anonymously last summer, had inside info that people felt had to be from a family member, then soon became clear it was Luongo himself. Funny, self-deprecating, he's won himself a lot of fans for how he has handled the strange limbo of the past 8 months.

A sampling of Strombone from the past few weeks only:

Thinking about making an Internet video: 2 guys 1 crease

The "Luongo Rule"? Seriously how cute is that? #adorbs #garybest

Who's your favorite Italian French Canadian goalie?“@justinbieber: HOCKEY IS BACK!!”

I have a confession that I've been keeping from you guys for way too long...... t.co/ESdKcrlg (posted the day after Rex Ryan's tattoo story)

A_zweKyCEAAy2Zh.jpg:large

@RenLavoieRDS amazing how French Renaud always gets the scoop 1 min before English Renaud. English Renaud must be so infuriated! (about a fantastic French-Canadian sportswriter who tweets in both of Canada's official languages)

#NewYearsResolution find a job

The next logical step for Tony Romo is to start a secret anonymous twitter account......

So am I gonna have to fly in to New York to save the season or what???? (and then ... a few hours later ...

Boy I guess I really set myself up for that one by writing the word "save". Rookie move. Well played tweeps! Twitter 1 - Strombone 0

HEY GARY! I miss getting lit up like a Christmas tree, can we please start the season already???

So basically the New York Jets are starting Lack over Schneider after benching Luongo.... Am I doing this right?

@HockeyyInsiderr I don't have your parents basement landline programmed in my phone so I didn't pick up. Sorry (ha, remember that guy from the summer during free agent season?)

Never seen anything like it before!"@SC_DougFarrar: Harbaugh has announced that Kaepernick will start against the Rams.I blame the media.”

She just asked me if I wanted the "DELUXE". I'm scared to answer..... Is that what they call it now? #livetweetingpedi t.co/eHmPckDt

A7w9avgCYAAFXqN.jpg:large

Had the privilege 2 play with Pavel Bure. Typical night would consist of: - 1 backcheck - 4 strides all game - 4 packs of gum - 2 to 3 goals

Some people say 4 more years of Obama. I look at it more like 4 more years of disgruntled goalie politically charged Facebook rants!

Just found myself reading through a soap opera digest in line at the grocery store. I've officially hit rock bottom.Please bring hockey back

Gary strikes again!!“@MattBinder: Fox Business is claiming they have a source that's telling them the New York Marathon has been cancelled.”

That's weird?“@passittobulis:New #PITB!Toronto Marlies visit to Abbotsford draws Canuck scouts and management Marlies visit to Abbotsford draws Canucks’ brass, perchance on Luongo trade scouting mission?

Edited by lordstanley

Wow, what an awesome Twitter account. Most athletes are rather boring, but I must admit, reading through his made me chuckle quite a bit.

I wonder if the Toronto media is ready to go from a Mennonite goalie to a self-deprecating Italian French Canadian goalie.

That about sums it up correctly. Can't wait to rock my Leafs Sundin Jersey on Friday.

Home or Away? Both?

In any event, you probably want to bring a light and dark jersey. We make teams up on the fly.

Home or Away? Both?

In any event, you probably want to bring a light and dark jersey. We make teams up on the fly.

It's a white jersey, and I will have both light and dark in my bag. About 3 more hours of work then I will hit the road for Ann Arbor, my job interview is at 9am tomorrow morning.

Home or Away? Both?

Probably will mark the first time MTS posters have met playing pick-up hockey.

Probably will mark the first time MTS posters have met playing pick-up hockey.

I would bet on it.

Aw man MTS pickup hockey and I'm not playing!

Well, it is more a pick-up skate that I play in every Friday and T&P is coming into town, so....

...that written, if anyone wants to come to my pick-up game in Farmington Hills, just PM me. We've got a solid group of guys - no checking or douchebaggery or judgemental carping, just playing a open game for fun. 2 hours, $15 a head.